Lovecraft in Britain...

Pyan

Noli oblivisci linteum!
Staff member
Supporter
This may interest anyone who collects Lovecraftiana....

The British Fantasy Society is proud to announce the publication of H.P. LOVECRAFT IN BRITAIN: A MONOGRAPH, a new limited edition chapbook written by World Fantasy Award winner STEPHEN JONES.
Based on unique access to correspondence and business papers dating back more than fifty years, the author charts H.P. Lovecraft’s convoluted publishing history in the United Kingdom – from the distinctive Gollancz hardcovers, through the various licensed paperback reprints, up to the present day.
BFS Publishes New Lovecraft Chapbook | British Fantasy Society News

No problem...I suspect I'll get a nibble from a certain mod as well!:p

You can get the British Fantasy Society news on RSS feed, Ningauble - top right of the page in the link. Worth keeping an eye on.....you'll still have six left......:D

No problem...I suspect I'll get a nibble from a certain mod as well!:p

You can get the British Fantasy Society news on RSS feed, Ningauble - top right of the page in the link. Worth keeping an eye on.....you'll still have six left......:D

Well... I've had some trouble with my order on this, but they're supposed to be setting up a PayPal method of payment soon, so I'll make use of it at that point. In other words... Yes, of course I'm interested! Jeez.....:rolleyes:

I, too, finally bogged down today and paid for the booklet. It sounds fun.

But this is three unplanned purchases in the course of two weeks... and I was going to keep my book-purchasing urges on a short leash this year!

I, too, finally bogged down today and paid for the booklet. It sounds fun.

But this is three unplanned purchases in the course of two weeks... and I was going to keep my book-purchasing urges on a short leash this year!

Oh, then this is definitely the wrong place to hang around, trust me....:rolleyes:

Amen to that...:rolleyes: The amount of books I've bought since joining this site! My to-read pile will never go down...

J.d worthington said:
And I finally was able to get the thing to go through! YIPPEEEE!:D

And bless you for being so happy...:D

Ningauble ... those leashes never work. They always, always miraculously stretch and this place helps that happen. :rolleyes:

JD ... congratulations. Am glad you managed to get the book. Have fun when it arrives. :p

I'll try and get my paws on a copy when I get there for Eastercon.

Amen to that...:rolleyes: The amount of books I've bought since joining this site! My to-read pile will never go down...

My problem's not so much the to-read pile, as the really-must-find-room-to-put-the-read-books pile......I've just about run out of wallspace......

Good idea, Nesa..but I can't find one on Ebay....:D

Mind you, they make excellent insulation..:p

LOL... Lord, Pyan... it's looking like my room.....:D And yes, they do indeed; only this insulation also serves multiple functions....

Yay Ningauble ... it will be great to meet you. Always good to meet another Lovecraftian. There's hardly anyone here who reads his works. I'll probably make serious attempts to swipe the t-shirt. :p

I have a couple too. :p

There's a bunch of us going if you look in the Eastercon thread under Conventions. You should be able to find me if you find Morpheus who is 6'5" and thin.

I've been almost chaining my close friends down and forcing them to read.

So, basically I'd be looking for Fafhrd and a Black Panther, near the bar......:D

I got H. P. Lovecraft in Britain today!!

Interesting thing I spotted immediately: The forthcoming Gollancz Necronomicon will apparently have "all Lovecraft's major weird fiction (but excludes the minor juvenilia and the majority of the author's 'revisions')".

It also states that "Gollancz decided to work from the 'classic' texts created by Arkham House and Weird Tales but made a number of corrections and revisions based on the vast amounts of research that has been done by Lovecraft scholars over the past two decades".

Hmmm... I don't know. Yet another text version?
If it says "Inquanok" instead of "Inganok" and "dhole" instead of "bhole" in "The Dream-Quest of Uknkown Kadath", and "seven cryptical books of earth" instead of "seven cryptical books of Hsan" in "The Other Gods", I'm going to scream.
But I'll get the bloody book anyway, because the illustrations seem pretty cool.

I've several editions and doubles of Lovecraft's work and I keep picking them up.

Sometimes it's the illustrations; sometimes it's the cover art; sometimes it's a need to see the differences in the text and there are plenty of those (have been learning about a lot more since Chrons).

Sometimes it's just to give them a home and perhaps pass them along to someone else.

I suspect I'll be doing this for a long time to come.