Would H. P. Lovecraft Have Liked The X Files ?

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
Given the kind of Storie that written .What would he have thought ofThe X Files and would have have liked that show and others like it ?And what do you think he would have made of Roswell and all whole UFO culture?

Thoughts ? :)

Robert Zwilling

Supporter
I don't know about Lovecraft, but Poe probably would like the style of X files and the way people have reacted to UFOs.

BAYLOR

Lovecraft would probably liked some episodes and hated others. He would probably have enjoyed American Gothic more.
I wonder what he would have thought of the X Files episode Home ?

Yes, he would have liked American Gothic

Cthulhu.Science

Lovecraft did go to movies, despite his frequent Luddite rants. I can't think of any reason to think that Lovecraft wouldn't have enjoyed the X-Files. He read a lot of Pulp magazines along with more substantial stuff. I haven't watched the show since it first aired so my memory of it is more nostalgic than specific, but I recall each episode as a pretty good mystery. There were 218 episodes of X-Files. I wonder what Lovecraft would have thought of a Weird Serial that published 218 stories?

BAYLOR

Lovecraft did go to movies, despite his frequent Luddite rants. I can't think of any reason to think that Lovecraft wouldn't have enjoyed the X-Files. He read a lot of Pulp magazines along with more substantial stuff. I haven't watched the show since it first aired so my memory of it is more nostalgic than specific, but I recall each episode as a pretty good mystery. There were 218 episodes of X-Files. I wonder what Lovecraft would have thought of a Weird Serial that published 218 stories?

The outsider alien manipulating and mutating mankind ? He's very much enjoy that aspect of the X files.

thunderbyrd

i wonder what ole HP would have thought about the first season of "True Detective"?