Technical sos

MJRevell

www.mikerevell.com
I've just encountered a problem with my 360, and was wondering if any of you have any idea on how I can counter it.

Basically, when I turn on my Xbox, the tv has a dark and slightly pink tint to it. It's not the console, because I tried it on my brothers tv with different leads, and it works perfectly. The colours on the tv menu seem fine as well, but I have no lead to watch tv, so can't test to see whether it's the tv itself. What I did try was plugging my computer into the tv using a VGA cable, and it had a light pink tint to it. I use a VGA cable on my Xbox, which I think is where the problem might be.

The strange thing is that it has always worked perfectly until today. I unplugged it all to move some things around in my room, and now this has happened. If anyone can help out, it would be much appreciated!

So, it sounds like the problem is in the television, and not the 360? Have you tried unplugging everything and re-plugging it all back in? Have you tried plugging in a VCR or a DVD player into the television? Or borrowing one for a few minutes from a friend or neighbor? Or plugging the 360 into someone else's television?

Beyond all this, I'm useless for advice.:)

It sounds like the VGA cable. Maybe it's not sitting in the socket correctly or maybe you just need to buy another VGA cable.