Fated Children

anthorn

What do you think of this "BLURB" I know i've posted it here before but i would like some hints help and ideas. I have everything planned out, i just can't decide on what my main characters Anthorn and Nikita are.

A thousand years ago a war brought almost ruin to the world of Giana. Only by the combine efforts of the Councils best mancers was Anwyn the great evil defeated. Now years on the world has changed. Blamed for the long ago war, women users of the mystic arts are no longer able to use the most of their abilities, they suffer under the shadow of men. While the council, hidden away in their sky fortress Leviathan hold on desperatley to power. For a rebellion is coming and a rumour has surfaced that Anwyn will be reborn in the womb of a child of krushev.

Faircaira will give birth to that child, or so the council believe, and for that she must die. Garrison is an alcoholic, content to spend his days at the bottom of a bottle. Until, out of his past comes Faelii with an irrisistible offer. One final adventure. Sorrel is a harlot, but she suffers from great guilt and shame for the daughter she sold years ago to slavers.............

Okay and here are my current ideas for Anthorn and Nikita.

1) While half the world away, a boy awakes amongst firery ruins with no idea of his past or who he is and how he came to be there. Befriended by Nikita, a Singer they are thrown into a world of dark and shadow and betrayal.

2) Expelled from Mana City Anthorn walks the land alone bitter and angry. When he rescues a songmage he discovers a secret a thousand years old, drawn into a conflict older than them all, they must confront their pasts if they are to survive the present.

3) While half the world away, the arrival of three masked strangers at Anthorns home, sets in motion the end of a story began over 3,000 years ago.

4) Anthorn and Nikita have spent their lives upon the crime ridden streets of Mana City and have, on many occasions perpertrated those crimes, but when they are caught they are given a choice. Death or help hunt and kill a legend long dead

5) The Guardians have protected the lands for several hundred years, they are both respected and feared by all. Nikita was a Guardian, but now accused for a crime she did'nt commit by those wanting her dead she must run. Her only friend and hope is her lover Anthorn and fellow Guardian. But can he risk it all and condemn himself to die alongside her, to save her?

So any ideas or such would be great.

Okay, to quote some replies I've seen here before, what is the question?
This "Blurb" as you call it reads like a synopsis, or even somewhat like a movie preview (In that kind of dramatic overdone way they often use), but possibly you've intended it to be nothing more than an outline.
As an outline, I'd say it's a great start. The only "question" I see here is "i just can't decide on what my main characters Anthorn and Nikita are." So, what exactly did you mean "what they are"? Do you mean are they human, or gods, or ghosts, or trolls? Do you see how your post might be a little difficult to figure out? Please clarify what you are looking for, and also, you might read the sticky that is everpresent in the parent thread you just posted in:

"Guidelines for Posting Work for Critique: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING"

What do you think of this "BLURB" - I have everything planned out, i just can't decide on what my main characters Anthorn and Nikita are.

1) While half the world away, a boy awakes amongst firery ruins with no idea of his past or who he is and how he came to be there. Befriended by Nikita, a Singer they are thrown into a world of dark and shadow and betrayal.

One small possible typo catch: Did you mean to say "Befriended by Nikita, a Singer comma they are thrown into a world..."

- Zubi.

Yeah bad keyboard skills.

I know what races they are and there personalities i cant decide on What they are. Are they thieves etc.

it sounds a little like you've written the blurb before writing the book :)(although i'm guilty of that meself):)
which might be why you can't define your main characters yet.

i'd suggest just ploughing into the tale - you think they're thieves? make it so - and if they change midway through, just go back and rewrite it a bit. my main character started off as one thing, then the story stalled because he was, essentially, wrong. so now he's something else, and the story is starting to rewrite itself around him a lot better.

it's your tale at the end of the day, chap.

chop.

Anthorn, I apologize - I thought this was in the "Critiques" thread. There's a post in there called "Guidelines for Posting Work for Critique: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING". It might help you sort out your thoughts about this.

- Z.