Least Favorite Character

Pravuil

Bona na Croin
Nature & wolves & rain & sunshine & mist! & orchar
So there has been a thread discussing the topic of your favorite characters within George R.R. Martins epic series "A Song of Fire and Ice", but I am more interested in your least favorite characters. Use this thread as a vehicle to vent your rage at the characters you simply loath or just dislike for some particular reason. Please have at least five characters but if you dislike more don't let this minute number stop you... For me my least favorite characters are probably:
1)Biter
2)Gregor Clegane
3)Ser Illyn Payne
4)Melisandra
5)Chett the kennelmaster

The above are all interesting characters to read about, and I have to admit I love to hate everyone of them. All except Chett...I simply dislike him.

I now trout slap you as well. Sorry, bub, but this has been discussed. See all 214 posts. Enjoy.

Least Favorite Characters

I do have an annoying tendency to do this sort of thing.

But, for sh&ts and giggles, I would vote for:
Stannis, Stannis and again Stannis
Vargo Hoat
Tywin Lannister
Gregor Clegane
Catelyn Stark

BRIENE five times over. Nearly every one of her chapters are dull as ****.
I usually skip em on reading thru

I now trout slap you as well. Sorry, bub, but this has been discussed. See all 214 posts. Enjoy.

Least Favorite Characters

I do have an annoying tendency to do this sort of thing.

But, for sh&ts and giggles, I would vote for:
Stannis, Stannis and again Stannis
Vargo Hoat
Tywin Lannister
Gregor Clegane
Catelyn Stark

Maybe you should take it a bit easy on someone understandably new to these boards and not use degrading terms like "bub". Besides, fish tends to leave an unsavory taste in my mouth. :)

Cersei, I would kill that bitch. Hopefully Tyrion will do it for me.

I enjoy reading her, but jesus, her stupidity makes me cringe xD

You see, this question of least favorite character can be a bit misleading in its meaning. Someone mentioned Brianne as their least favorite because her chapters read so dogged and slow (which I completely agree with), but I think that would be better defined "Which perspectives are your least favorite".

I thought Cersei's perspective was wonderful, but it would give me immeasurable satisfaction to see her kidnapped and reduced to a whore in Astapor.

You see, this question of least favorite character can be a bit misleading in its meaning. Someone mentioned Brianne as their least favorite because her chapters read so dogged and slow (which I completely agree with), but I think that would be better defined "Which perspectives are your least favorite".

I thought Cersei's perspective was wonderful, but it would give me immeasurable satisfaction to see her kidnapped and reduced to a whore in Astapor.

Haha, Yea.

Maybe you should take it a bit easy on someone understandably new to these boards and not use degrading terms like "bub". Besides, fish tends to leave an unsavory taste in my mouth. :)

TKs canadian....so he was using the Wolverine "bub". Dont stress, Im sure no insult was meant.

Characters that I hate

Tywin
Littlefinger
Cersei
the "Late" Lord Frey
Gregor
the Brave Companions
Joff...he probably should be higher on this list

Of the POV characters, Theon Greyjoy is the one I disliked the most--his chapters were still interesting, of course.

I just hope it's true that Ramsay is flaying Theon alive, in the best Bolton tradition. It made my day to read that.

Here they are...

1. Joffrey
2. Cersei
3. Lord Walder Frey
4. Theon Greyjoy
5. Melisandre

Through the entire story I thought Joffrey was a punk and just a vile person. At least he got what was coming to him. Cersei is a vile and terrible person as well, probably where Joff got it. Walder mostly for the Red Wedding. Theon got on the list with his actions against Winterfell. I understand why he did it, but I still don't like it. And lastly Melisandre because she just annoys me with her "Azor Ahai" and her interactions with Stannis.

I don't think anyone should really hate Theon. He's a character to be pitied not hated. He's really not worthy of hatred. I think he's probably the most tragic character in the series. He's ironborn but not really of the ironmen because he was taken away at age 10. He's never able to become a northman/Stark because of his heritage despite spending 10 years with them. He really has no identity.

When he finally returns to the Iron Islands he's treated with no respect and from that point on in the story, he's a step behind everyone. Asha humiliates him repeatedly, his own father doesn't trust him with any job bigger than harassing some fishing villages, and the men he leads aren't sold on him, either.

He takes Winterfell but, again, he's a step behind everyone. The people of Winterfell continually harass him and Osha takes Bran and Rickon right from under his nose (remember, Osha tricked him into believing she was on Theon's side...once again, he's a step behind). Then Ramsay ends him by tricking him into opening the gates of Winterfell. Ramsay adds insult to injury when he says in response to Theon's question about Ser Rodrick, "Aye, but he thought us friends. A common mistake." Poor one-step-behind Theon never realizes that Ramsay is saying that Theon just made the same mistake.

So Theon is a character to be pitied, not hated. His every action is one blunder after another. To hate him is to give him a respect that he certainly doesn't deserve.

Characters that I hate

Tywin
Littlefinger
Cersei
the "Late" Lord Frey
Gregor
the Brave Companions
Joff...he probably should be higher on this list

What's up with Littlefinger? Sure he's a bit of a twat but you gotta admire how scheming he is. He basicly set in motion everything.