Firefly Question:No Soilers Please

unclejack

Hey yall, I haven't seen the show firefly yet but I just ordered it from Netflix after hearin from everyone how good it is. My question is this...if a show is on so briefly but has such a strong following even after it's off the air then why don't they bring it back? Remember I haven't seen the show or the movie Serenity yet so try not to post any spoilers here if you can cuz I wanna be able to enjoy them both. Anyway, Family Guy went off the air and everybody ranted so they brought it back. I can only assume that the movie left no room to elaborate on the concept at the end but don't tell me if I'm right please.

To answer the question, you'd have to ask TPTB at the studio. There was a huge fan reaction when it was pulled, with coordinated appeals, petitions and allsorts. But to no avail. DVD sales I think have been very good, if not increasing but the movie didn't to brilliantly. Very well, but not enough. As far as I can tell.

The fans want more. Whether we'll get it is another matter.

The fans' intensity doesn't matter. Only how many of them there are matters. And this show just didn't have many.

Uncle Jack, I wish I knew the answer to that question too!!! I didn't see Firefly when it was first broadcast but from what I can gather it was shown here in Australia (I think other countries also) firstly out of sequence, they started with the second episode (The Train Robbers) and the pilot episode was shown halfway through. Also they kept changing the time slots, so you never knew when the next episode would be shown. That was very distracting.
I was fortunate enough to have watched it on DVD, in sequence, whenever I wanted to watch it and then watched Serenity. This is the only way to do it.
There have been various rumors circulting about a return of Firefly but nothing has come off it YET!

Most of the origianl DVD money went to produce the film Serenity. After that I have heard that there is the possibility that they are going to produce a show which will be sold with a new release of the film which will help tie it in with the series.
After that who knows - every geek I know is waiting for a new series and I think in hindsight the channel that cancelled is really feeling stupid. However I also understand that the director/creator is currently working on some other projects (films) and so we might have to wait a while