Reaper's Gale

I ordered the hardback, but I live in California, USA. Maybe that has something to do with it.

I too live in California (just a little bit north of you, infact) and I ordered the hardcover, which shipped a couple of days ago.

Yaay! I cancelled Murphy's Law. Just got a notice from Amazon, UK, that the Reaper's Gale has been sent and will be here no later than May 16. Happiness abounds in the Murphy household.

I got the paperback in the end.

Does anyone have the hardback yet? I noticed my trade pb doesn't have a section with the Houses/Holds like all the other books did (and its absense is pretty annoying - how the hell am I supposed to remember what the positions are in all these daft Holds?). Was wondering if they put that in the hardback?

Anyway... 250-ish pages in so far, and enjoying it very much.

Read it!

Will refrain from deep discussion until more people have finished it, but I will say this: it's very much like the Bonehunters in scope, feel and plot twists.

Should probably start a spoiler topic for those who've finished it.

Which still doesn't include me - damn lab reports :(

I got the paperback in the end.

Does anyone have the hardback yet? I noticed my trade pb doesn't have a section with the Houses/Holds like all the other books did (and its absense is pretty annoying - how the hell am I supposed to remember what the positions are in all these daft Holds?). Was wondering if they put that in the hardback?

Anyway... 250-ish pages in so far, and enjoying it very much.

I have the hardback but it doesn't have the list in, as its a different region and the deck of dragons etc doesn't have any power

I'm a patient kinda guy. Plotting for world takeovers does that to you...;)

I'm not sure when the book will be out here, probably not before June.

Saw, one copy in the Fnac store in Leuuven (Belgium) paperback for 23 euros. Gonna buy it tommorow.

I'm not reading a single post in this forum until I've re-read all the first 6 books and then read Reaper's Gale (I love Erikson so much that that will probably only take a fortnight :s), but I just want to say OH GOD IT'S SITTING ON MY TABLE AT HOME I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT

I'm considering it man, but I feel like I've forgotten too much of them, it's been well over a year now and Erikson's books have so much in them to forget. Convince me if you can, though, I don't think I really need much convincing. ;)

I srill have to wait until June 1st for my copy, which is in 12 days and 12 hours time:( Pardon? Who's counting? :D

I'm a patient kinda guy. Plotting for world takeovers does that to you...;)

I'm not sure when the book will be out here, probably not before June.

I got the same problem here in Canada, its listed on amazon.ca as June 26th I think. I also convinced my local library to stock the entire series so it will be coming there as well :)

However I will have to get it for my collection of the series, I like to have books like the Malazan story because its well worth a re-read from time to time.

I'm considering it man, but I feel like I've forgotten too much of them, it's been well over a year now and Erikson's books have so much in them to forget. Convince me if you can, though, I don't think I really need much convincing. ;)

I find that as soon as I begin to read a new Erikson book I start to get thoughts just like you mention, at first. But then as I read a few more chapters I can't put the dang thing down! I loose sleep to read Erikson! :eek: :D

The bookshop said Reaper's Gale will be on the shelves tomorrow - about 16 hours time. :D

He had better be right, or this will be one very annoyed Sword Maiden :eek: