Series Two - dates?

Re: Series two

Hi and welcome to Chronicles. Your post was moderated because it contained a link and you have less than 15 posts. I have approved it. You might want to post something in the Introductions forum too.

It will be good to have someone who loves Torchwood posting in this forum, and most of us are quite critical of it. I apologise for that, but I'm one of them.

As regards your question: my guess would be that Torchwood series 2 will start in the same week as last year. I think the the first episode was shown on Halloween last year. I haven't seen anything from official BBC sources.

Re: Series two

How bad can it be... oh yeah, I remember, we've seen season one...

I heard it was Jan 2008....and what's so wrong with torchwood?
Where shall I start? :D

But seriously, read the episode threads in which we dismantle it. Too much to condense into one post here. I actually liked it for being so bad though.

Now that Season One is airing in the US, I'm interested in what our American friends make of it.

Will Season 2 be shown on BBC3 then repeated on BBC2 later like Season 1?

I could've sworn I'd read somewhere that it was going straight to BBC2.

And I've heard January 2008, too.

I like Torchwood but then I'm from the American South and I like collard greens, fried okra and boiled peanuts. After seeing a YouTube video comparing Torchwood to Scooby Doo, now I can't get that image out of my mind. The SUV is the Mystery Machine and there's Shaggy, Fred, Scooby, Daphne and Velma. God help me, even though I know he hasn't said it, I keep hearing Owen say Ruh Oh! and half expect Jack to break out singing Sugar, Sugar any minute.

I did enjoy Gwen and Owen's lusty turn at the tree in Countrycide. (Couldn't they have come up with at least one name for these two that doesn't make them sound like clones?)

Obviously I've got too much time on my hands. It's back to writing John Barrowman's character in my latest novel for me. At least then I can control his angst and moody snappishness.