Cover art released for Deathly Hallows.

No Inspiration

Newbie, :).
Not sure if you guys know this already, but the cover art for Deathly Hallows(Book 7) has been officially released, :).
You can check it out on any of the popular fansites.
Lena.

Or see here

Adult one looks good but I shall be buying the children's version to complete my collection!

xx

Yeah see, I'm confused!!! They have an adult version and kid version, right? Well I pre-ordered the book, so which do I get?

its a very interesting cover art, you see the patronus stag, you see gringotts or some place with lots of Gold, you know the books starts at privet drive, you see an amulte, and so on, lots to speculate on.

The only difference between the adult's and kids versions is the cover. Some people get embarrassed by the look of the book they're reading :D
You should be able to find out which you've preordered, is it online or in a shop?

when i preordered my copy they asked whether i wanted the adult or kids cover. i said adults and didnt think much of it but the kids one looks so much more interesting!

Yeah see, I'm confused!!! They have an adult version and kid version, right? Well I pre-ordered the book, so which do I get?
The kid version is the most common and bigger seller. Unless you specified an adult version, you will likely get the kid version.

This is the one I usually get.

I actually didn't like the title - it's so anti-climactic. The cover art supposed to be spoilers of sorts, and I have one comment on the US Children's version.

Harry dies. The pic below shows him minus scar. The bigger version of this picture shows him and Voldy inside a colliseum-like place, which I think is the other side of the veil, the side where only dead people roam. harharhar!

hp7childus_phixr.jpg

Also, just a short note about the drawing, this version of Harry is a lot cuter than the previous ones. I think this guy is better-looking than Dan Radcliffe. Then again, it's my opinion.

I saw the cover art when the news reports came out. Will be getting the kids version as well since all my others have those covers. I do like the adult cover on this one but then again I like the colour and detail in the kids cover too.

I do know people who buy one of each. :p

Harry dies. The pic below shows him minus scar. The bigger version of this picture shows him and Voldy inside a colliseum-like place, which I think is the other side of the veil, the side where only dead people roam. harharhar!

I think that may be carrying it a bit far. If you look at the picture, its hard to tell whether harry has a scar or not, but it is definitely not a sure thing that its not there.

Personally, I think there is a line that definitely is his scar, though i can see how whether it is or not could be debated. If you look right at the point where his hair crosses in front of his head, there is a line of "hair" that is much lighter. I think this is his scar. However, I suppose it potentially could be just hair.

By the way, did anyone notice that in the American version of the cover it almost looks as if Harry and Voldemort are working together? Harry isn't looking at Voldemort or even facing him. Plus both of them are looking up at something in the upper right corner, they both have their hands out but no wands, and there is rubble all around them. I think that all of these facts are significant. Any speculation about what could be so terrible that Harry and Voldemort would be willing to work together.

Also, the dark figures that you can see in the background- I thought at first that they were the Death Eaters, but look at them- some of them are not in cloaks. I think that it could be both the Order of the Phoenix and the Death Eaters, and like Harry and Voldemort, they are being forced to work together for some reason. Any ideas on this? Or other ideas of who the dark figures could be?

One last thing- Does anyone have any idea what that medallion looking thing around Harry's neck might be?

I prefer the adult version as I do with every other HP book. I have all the kid ones though.

I dont need to pre-order, my sister works in a bookshop.

By the way, did anyone notice that in the American version of the cover it almost looks as if Harry and Voldemort are working together? Harry isn't looking at Voldemort or even facing him. Plus both of them are looking up at something in the upper right corner, they both have their hands out but no wands, and there is rubble all around them. I think that all of these facts are significant. Any speculation about what could be so terrible that Harry and Voldemort would be willing to work together.

It may be just me, but I don't think they were working together; Harry looks like he's trying to get something, but Voldemort looks like he's trying to prevent it, or is even scared of whatever it was that Harry is about to get.

Also, the dark figures that you can see in the background- I thought at first that they were the Death Eaters, but look at them- some of them are not in cloaks. I think that it could be both the Order of the Phoenix and the Death Eaters, and like Harry and Voldemort, they are being forced to work together for some reason. Any ideas on this? Or other ideas of who the dark figures could be?

I think they are the dead, because that place looks like the other side of the veil in the death chamber. notice how it resembles the death chamber, with the veil and all, except here it's bright and there's a sky. They might be on the other side of the veil already

One last thing- Does anyone have any idea what that medallion looking thing around Harry's neck might be?

It might be a device that allows him to go beyond the veil and out. Of course, these are speculations. As usual... I might be wrong.

I think they are the dead, because that place looks like the other side of the veil in the death chamber. notice how it resembles the death chamber, with the veil and all, except here it's bright and there's a sky. They might be on the other side of the veil already

It might be a device that allows him to go beyond the veil and out. Of course, these are speculations. As usual... I might be wrong.

I think you're right about them being in the veil. I don't believe they're dead though.

Have you seen the British children's cover version? The trio are being sucked into a veil-type monument. Some people think they're being thrown out of it, but if you look at the direction their hair is flying, it's forwards, which shows they're been drawn into it. Then again, with all the coins and jewels in the picture too, they could be at Gringotts! Maybe the bank has a veil and they go through it?

Yeah, Ron especially looks like he's trying not to get pulled in.

They all look quite battered and bruised as well.

And is that Dobby sitting on Harry's back, clutching the sword? It seems likely to be him, with the pointed ears and etc.

It could be dobby, or even Kreacher. Then again, since there are jewels and coins everywhere, perhaps they're at Gringotts and that's a goblin. Maybe there's a veil at Gringotts?

Have you seen the British children's cover version? The trio are being sucked into a veil-type monument. Some people think they're being thrown out of it, but if you look at the direction their hair is flying, it's forwards, which shows they're been drawn into it. Then again, with all the coins and jewels in the picture too, they could be at Gringotts! Maybe the bank has a veil and they go through it?

Also, if you look carefully, the place that it appears they are being sucked into is the same orangish color that the U.S. cover is.

You're observant! I never noticed that!

Attachments

• American.jpg
    American.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 301
  • UK.jpg
    UK.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 280