Favourite Character?

Nicole

Hi
I noticed there wasn't a thread on this and decided to make one. Feel free to post your favourite character, and why you like them/ why you don't like other characters.
The character that really got me was Bannor. He was what my sister and I would call an "Aragorn character" (this does not mean he is like Aragorn, it is just our way of referring to the archetypal male character. It just so happened that we read LOTR first, and so called it the "Aragorn" character. It could have been anything, in fact, I think there's a theory about it)
Anyway, I just loved Bannor. I can't really explain why, but he was by far my favourite character, despite his short comings. He was very compotent and queit, but he could be hilarious! It just about killed me when...I don't want to give anything away, so just when his character changed a lot (hopefully you know what I'm talking about) Anyone else feel the same way?

Bannor is great, as are the Bloodguard in general. You've got to love Foamfoller, Pitchwife and Mhoram too, of course. Vain and Findail were fascinating too, and TC himself. ;)

Ahh! It's been too long since I read these! (not really, I just have a terrible memory). I forgot about foamfolower! How could I forget about him! He is also one of my favourite characters. Findail, is an interesting character, but I didn't find him very like-able

Foamfollower's great, but i have to say that (apart from TC himself) Bannor is one of my favourite characters.

The character i most feel sorry for is Pietten. I know I'll probably be lynched for saying this, I know he killed Lena and tried to kill Covenant, but he was driven mad, and then deceived by Foul.

I quite liked Vain from the second trilogy(can't remember if that's the right spelling). He never said anything but he was always there, and you were never quite sure of his purpose and whether or not he was some kind of threat.

A wonderful enigma:)

Saltheart Foamfollower is my favorite. Laughter heals the soul, after all.
Mhoram would probably rate second. His was a gentle strength.
Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever is third. He comes around quite nicely.
Lord Foul the Despiser. Sometimes it's good to be bad.
Bannor. For the reasons Nicole gave.

This list could go on. I so loved the story. Linden Avery is my least liked character, but I don't dislike her, and that's only 'cause I figured she was horning in on Tom's terf.

The Unbeliever himself was my favourite character, he's actually my all time favourite character at that.

To many people he is seen as a frustrating character but in the books the only frustrating bits I found were some of Donaldsons somewhat over flowery description of certain things.

Anyway, I just loved Bannor. I can't really explain why, but he was by far my favourite character, despite his short comings. He was very compotent and queit, but he could be hilarious! It just about killed me when...I don't want to give anything away, so just when his character changed a lot (hopefully you know what I'm talking about) Anyone else feel the same way?

What I loved about Bannor, was how SRD was able to convey so much personality with him just by say... having him raise an eyebrow. A simple gesture like that would often say more than several lines of dialogue ever could. Very clever.

I guess my favourite character would be the bloodguard as a whole from the first few books. They were simply brilliantly written.

Hile Troy. When I read the Illearth War for the first time he seemed to have so much attitude, in a cool way, yet with this tragic air around him.

"Bannor used to make me want to scream" ~Thomas Covenant to Linden Avery. I always loved that line... because it was true. His flat impassive mein and that slight shrug of the shoulders. The other Haruchai in the second chronicles were just as good. Brinn, Cail, Ceer, Harn. Can you imagine those guys fighting off showing ANY emotion just BEING on a Giantship?
I liked the Bloodguard a lot. However; Stone and Sea! the Giants hold my heart forever.
Saltheart Roamsrest Foamfollower was my first giantish love, then came The First of the Search (Gossamer Glowlimn -- gads I LOVE her name), and of course her beloved husband Pitchwife. "Behold, I am Pitchwife the Valorous! Gaze upon me and suffer awe."
To which the First had replied, "Forsooth, and if you do not climb down from yonder perch, you shall be known as Pitchwife the Fallen!"
Another great line: "Forsooth! Are we not Giants? Let this Lurker await our good readiness."
Mhoram was another favorite. He truly was Covenant's friend.
The Ranyhyn, while not human characters were also in my heart.

Oh and of course... Nom!

Cant' think of anyone I didn't like reading.

The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant "The Unbeliever" is on my annual reading list.

"Bannor used to make me want to scream" ~Thomas Covenant to Linden Avery. I always loved that line... because it was true. His flat impassive mein and that slight shrug of the shoulders. The other Haruchai in the second chronicles were just as good. Brinn, Cail, Ceer, Harn. Can you imagine those guys fighting off showing ANY emotion just BEING on a Giantship?
I liked the Bloodguard a lot. However; Stone and Sea! the Giants hold my heart forever.
Saltheart Roamsrest Foamfollower was my first giantish love, then came The First of the Search (Gossamer Glowlimn -- gads I LOVE her name), and of course her beloved husband Pitchwife. "Behold, I am Pitchwife the Valorous! Gaze upon me and suffer awe."
To which the First had replied, "Forsooth, and if you do not climb down from yonder perch, you shall be known as Pitchwife the Fallen!"
Another great line: "Forsooth! Are we not Giants? Let this Lurker await our good readiness."
Mhoram was another favorite. He truly was Covenant's friend.
The Ranyhyn, while not human characters were also in my heart.

Oh and of course... Nom!

Cant' think of anyone I didn't like reading.

The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant "The Unbeliever" is on my annual reading list.

BiB: I can hardly believe you dared say that! :p

I also liked Vain. Okay, I thought the Ur-viles were pretty interesting, the little that was revealed.

Vain was always lurking there, and vexed Findail, and had an ultimate purpose to help restore Law.

From The White Gold Wielder, pg. 458:

The Demondim-spawn's reply was so unexpected that Linden recoiled a step. "You will not die." His voice was mellifluous and clean, as perfect as his sculpted flesh--and entirely devoid of compassion. He neither dismissed nor acknowledged Findail's fear. "It is not death. It is purpose. We will redeem the Earth from Corruption."

Memorable line, but the voice as described wasn't what I expected from Vain's mouth, when he spoke.