What comic books/graphic novels are you reading at the moment?

Let's see, I've been reading a lot of Hitman Reborn. Its standard shounen fare but its enjoyable. Also jst bought several Whistle! volumes. I'm really enjoying it. Sports manga seem to be the genre I enjoy the most.

The past week I've been steadily working my way though my Sandman collection for the first time in ages. Awesome stuff.

Let's see recently read Planet Hulk which was an epic read though it needed more characterization and improvement on the plot progression. Also bought my first Fables volume which was a good read but not as awesome as I was expecting it to be.

Currently reading Mitsuru Adachi's Cross Game. Adachi is the master of highschool sports romance. The end of volme one was a kick in the guts, totally threw me. Even though Adachi tends to recycle plot points a lot, he still manages to make thes story fresh and compelling.

Also doing a reread of one the best(if not THE BEST) sports manga, Slam Dunk. I'm a big fan of both anime and manga. Its great to revisit this classic.

This time, I'm reading some Cowboy Bebop and You're Under Arrest, then perhaps I'll move onto another reread of Neil Gaiman/Yoshitaka Amano's The Dream Hunters. It's a perpetual favourite of mine, so I never get tired of reading it.:)

I'm reading The Complete Nemesis the Warlock: Book 1

I'm loving all the reissued/recollected 2000AD stuff..

I've recently discovered Y: The Last Man, which I'm quite enjoying three books in...

I have enjoyed this series for years. Its writing so well. Great characters and story.

Brian K Vaughn is one of my comic writers. After wards check out his Ex Machina and Runaways if you like him.

I unearthed some old Nadesico manga a while back whilst sorting out, so I'm reading that. I also rediscovered some Ranma 1/2 books, so they'll be added to the to-be-read pile.

Conan and The Midnight God

Batman 665+

Last couple of days before that i read these :

Max Punisher: Widowmaker trade by Garth Ennis and Lan Medina
The Walking Dead vol 4 and 5 by Robert Kirkman and Chris Adlred
Invincible vol,7 8 by Robert Kirkman and Ryan Ottley
Tom Strong vol 1 (library book )by Alan Moore,Chris Sprouse
Criminal: Lawless by Ed Brubaker and Sean Philips

I am a brand new convert to graphic novels and have just read V for Vendetta - mightily impressed. Will be reading Watchmen next!

The Walking Dead vol 6 by Robert Kirkman and Ryan Crabtree
Fell 6-9
by Warren Ellis and Ben Templesmith
Hellboy vol 7
by Mike Mignola and others.

Back