Not so important connections

Sam and Arya meet a whore who only sleeps with customers after they wed her! +
Tyrion is looking for his first WIFE who was WED then made a Whore by his father +
Tyrion is looking for his first wife in places where whores go =
Tyrion's Death at the hand of First Wife Come Whore when they meet........ I'm afraid.

yes??????? No??????? Maybe???????

KotD, very interesting possible connection. Tywin said Tysha went "wherever whores go" and from Arya's and Sam's POVs that Braavos is a city where women go to sell themselves.

I think it's a very cute theory! And could be true. But I don't think Tywin ment anything by "where whore go", to think in what circumstances he said so...(But I'm a Logicoholic and trying to quit, so whatever, everything is possible! :))
death by his wife
Because of my logic-reason-realistic dependence and weaning, I'll say: Whoo Hoo! Kill the ******* Tysha! (And I don't care if he is my favorite character, weaning is more important)

Tyrion is looking for his first WIFE who was WED then made a Whore by his father +
Tyrion is looking for his first wife in places where whores go =
Tyrion's Death at the hand of First Wife Come Whore when they meet........ I'm afraid.
Well that's theory I like.:) Does we have her's description?

Here is another one: The fake Arya Stark who is to wed Ramsey Bolton - she is a northern girl, that Littlefinger have found.. could she be actually Jayne Pool (Sansa's best friend)? When they separated Sansa and Jayne, Jayne was taken by Littlefinger ('cos he knows what to make of young girls...)
What do you think?

Oh I wish my powers of google-fu were better and I could point you to the thread where we discussed this....Boaz probably has a thread bookmarked where he thinks it is, but then when he sends ya the link its about what type of wine Arbor Red is (Merlot? Chianti? Bourdeaux? The mind boggles..)

With the Jeyne Pool as FauxArya, theres no reason to think she is, and no reason to think she's not. So that ones inconclusive....but dont feel bad Tysha, you can live off the largesse of your other ideas for months without having to come up with another ground breaking one.

With the Jeyne Pool as FauxArya, theres no reason to think she is, and no reason to think she's not. So that ones inconclusive....but dont feel bad Tysha, you can live off the largesse of your other ideas for months without having to come up with another ground breaking one.
First, there ARE reasons to think she is:
1. Lord Petyr leaned forward. “I’ll find a place for her.” “Not in the city,” said the queen. “Do you take me for a fool?” - that means Littlefinger had her and could bring her when it needed to.
2. Jeyne Pool is a northern girl, and they needed one who looked like a northern girl (Arya had a Stark=Northern looks).
3. When Jaime saw the fake Arya:
"Jaime had never paid much attention to Arya Stark, but it seemed to him that this girl was older". Jeyne Pool was older...​
4. And the most important reason - Jeyne Pool was Sansa's friend - she knows the Stark Family well, if someone would queston her genuineness and ask her some tricky questions about Winterfell or Starks - she would know most of the answers, cos she lived there and been very close to Starks!
- So if Littlefinger was to choose among all northern girls he had, the smartest choice whould Jeyne Pool!

And don't hate me because I shattered your Alleras=Sarella theory, LOGIC is not a bad word!:p

Last edited:
When I say theres no reason to think she is, I mean theres no concrete reason. Theres also no concrete reason to think she's not. Im not saying anything against it...Im just saying.

When you say "we decided..." realize that lacking any evidence to the contrary I tend not to post disagreements.

I dont want to argue your points Tysha. Except for the last one. Theres no one left to care whether or not its Jeyne or Arya. That was the gist of Jaimes comment. So theres no reason to even worry about whether or not she knew the Starks. In fact I would say thats a reason against it for if you know the Starks well enough to ask tricky questions then you probably know who Jeyne Poole is. Oh well I dont want to argue this one...really I dont.

Tyrion is looking for his first wife in places where whores go...
Well, that whore at Braavos called Sailor’s Wife:
"...Sailor’s Wife appeared beside her. “He sings a pretty song,” she murmured softly, in the Common Tongue of Westeros. “The gods must have loved him to give him such a voice, and that fair face as well.”
She speaks common tongue of Westeros - that is a hint for her being Tysha.. the only one I fear..

When I say theres no reason to think she is, I mean theres no concrete reason. Theres also no concrete reason to think she's not. Im not saying anything against it...Im just saying.

When you say "we decided..." realize that lacking any evidence to the contrary I tend not to post disagreements.

I dont want to argue your points Tysha. Except for the last one. Theres no one left to care whether or not its Jeyne or Arya. That was the gist of Jaimes comment. So theres no reason to even worry about whether or not she knew the Starks. In fact I would say thats a reason against it for if you know the Starks well enough to ask tricky questions then you probably know who Jeyne Poole is. Oh well I dont want to argue this one...really I dont.
You said it brother!

I've had this prophecy dream, that I will die, and it will be by stoning, oh, wait IT"S NOT A DREAM AAAAH!
Anyway, despite all the enmity I will continue :rolleyes:
I'm new here so you prabably had this "valonqar" thread before, anyway:
"It’s High Valyrian, it means little brother" Do you think it will be Jaime? Cos he is her little brother too:
"She and Jaime were twins, but Cersei had come first into the world, and that was all it took."

Oh gosh.. I was born to late.. everything has already been discussed..(except Alleras=Aegon lol but I know better than to mention this one)

Not but feel free to add yer two cents into the Valonqar thread so we can beat the horse some more. There is nothing TK enjoys more than rebeating an already dead horse....maybe locking down coolant leaks or something....I dont know.

Locking down coolant leaks?!?! Who writes your material? Did you steal that from Larry David?

Tysha, as was said above, we mostly agree that Jeyne is the new Arya... that is until someone comes up with a better idea. Notice that she was not sent north until Ser Roderick, Vayon Poole, Maester Luwin and all the major retainers of the Starks are dead. No one with half a brain or any real connections are left to give substantive testimony regarding Arya's identity... except for all of her siblings still alive (which the Lannisters don't know about).

Since it appears that Littlefinger put this together for the Lannisters and the Boltons, then he expects to be rewarded. But he also has the one person who can identify Jeyne and who actually has the better claim to Winterfell. Littlefinger also knows that the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch can positively identify Jeyne... so either he's holding Jon as a trump card to the Boltons or he'll have to deal with Jon, i.e. an assassin is coming for Jon.

....maybe locking down coolant leaks or something....I dont know.

Funny, you should say that but I was just reading yesterday about nuclear incidents at sea and came across the K-19, (which I was a little disappointed with the movie), and did you know that there are about 20 nuclear torpedoes, warheads and other weapons sitting at the bottom of the oceans somewhere that were never recovered. I think I just found a substitute for beating dead horses.

I digress, yes please Tysha, some original thoughts on the Valonquar would be very helpful. (...oh, please GRRM give us something new to discuss soon...)

I'm back everyone. Could the valonqar thing be figurative, as in, Jaime could kill Cersei indirectly by not helping her, and then... I don't even know.

In my opinion, I'm still rooting for Tyrion there, I just think that would be the most just thing to happen.

Boaz, I liked your points on the fiasco identifying Jeyne would become (I always figured that the girl they sent to Bolton as Arya was Jeyne, it just fit). I'm not sure when Sansa would find the time to journey up north and identify 'Arya' as Jeyne, that seems a little far off. But then, Jon is a little busy on the wall... What about Bran? And on the subject of Littlefinger, who do you think he will ally himself with in the end? Right now it seems that he's just taking any opportunity to weaken everyone other than himself.

Right now it seems that he's just taking any opportunity to weaken everyone other than himself.
Littlefinger is intentionally setting the Boltons up or the Lannisters are indulging in wishful thinking by sending Jeyne north. From my experience of reading thirty some years of fantasy, I'd say that the Boltons are going down when Jon or Sansa exposes them... then again my experience told me that Ned would live, DOH!

Who do I think Baelish will ally himself with? GRRM paints him as the biggest opportunist in the Seven Kingdoms and mayhaps that is exactly what he is. But (and I've discussed this before) he might be a closet Targaryen supporter.

Baelish's grandfather was a merchant. His father's holdings amounted to a few acres of rocky island. How then did Petyr get to be fostered by one of the seven leading lords of the realm? It would have made more sense for a lesser lord of the Vale (any of them were still greater than the Baelishes) to foster Petyr than for Lord Tully of the Riverlands to take him in. For example, at the same time as Littlefinger was being fostered at Riverrun Ned and Robert were being fostered by Jon Arryn. Ned and Robert were both sons of one of the great seven lords and so both were fostered by another of the great lords. How did Littlefinger (as a son of the poorest noble family) get access to the same privileged education? My explanation is royal intervention.

I don't have any proof, but Targaryen blessings could have granted his grandfather nobility and secured his education. He might be fighting for their return.

If the Targs did not help his family, then the blessings came from the Arryns. If the Arryns did help the Baelishes, then Littlefinger only loves Littlefinger. He was not loyal to Jon Arryn, the man who gave him everything he had. Quite the opposite, he planned Jon's murder. He murdered his fellow conspirator Lysa, the woman who gave him everything she had.

He obviously wanted Jon dead. He wanted Robert dead. He wanted Eddard dead. He wanted Joffrey dead. He wanted Tywin dead (though he had no hand in it). He wants chaos around the throne. This helps him help either himself or the Targaryen's return.

In helping himself, he'll look for allies for a season. The Tyrells and the Arryns seem the most obvious alliances to me. But he could still remain allies with the Lannisters until they realize how he's betrayed them. The Martells and the Greyjoys might be possible alliances, but their goals seem to be at odds with his. He might find better success in the lesser family members... Arianne, Asha, Victarion, Theon, etc.

He seems hell bent on destroying the Tullys and the Starks. He's succeeded or at least they're being destroyed by his friends and allies.

He will not ally with Stannis because of Stannis unyielding nature.

I don't really think Littlefinger is a closet Targaryen supporter. Of course there's a chance because I'm not in control of the story. But I think, more and more, that Lord Petyr Baelish is for himself. I think he believes himself the smartest, cleverest, most daring, most patient, and ambitious man in the seven kingdoms. He does not believe in gods. He does not believe in nepotism. He believes in himself. His goal is the Iron Throne. For himself. He wants to be King Petyr I.

The Targaryens, Tullys, Starks and Lannisters would never stand for this, so they'll have to be eliminated. But some members of the Martells, Freys, Arryns, and Greyjoys will be more amenable to his ascension so they can be worked with.

Littlefinger's vision may be...

King - Petyr
Queen - Sansa, Margaery, Dany, Arianne, or even Asha (though this marriage would be like that of Phillip II of Spain to Mary I of England, not only did they sleep in seperate beds... they lived in seperate countries)
Hand - Mace (a hollow title with no power whatsoever)
Lord of the Twins, Harrenhal and the Riverlands - Black Walder
Lord of the Vale - Nestor Royce
Master of Laws - Lyn Corbray
Lord of the Westerlands - Harry the heir (after marrying Myrcella)
Lord of the Northlands - Jorah Mormont or whoever marries Sansa

What about Bran? Sorry, Bran bores me. I don't give him any thought. Yes, he'll have some influence on the divine aspect of the story, but the political intrigue interests me much more.

Last edited:
I don't know... I see Littlefinger as the kind of person who'd rather be on the sidelines, pulling all the strings. I always thought he'd rather control the king than be the king, but I don't know, he confuses me. :)
Harry the Heir and Myrcella? That's interesting. I never really beleived that he would end up with Sansa, but I don't see how Myrcella is going to marry him either.
That would be a funny GRRM joke, if after all the struggles and all the Dany hype Petyr ended up on the throne.

Back