Favourite, Gemmell series.

The book was epic cause of The history he build with the other three books. It was more interesting seeing how The Oppressed Rigante people like Ring,Maev dealt with their lives than Gaise dealing with his things. Plus characters like Moidart,Huntseeker,Mulgrave saved the book from beint too much of Gaise cheesyness ;)

Ive r all of dg's books an have to say the rigante are by far the best . then it would be the drenia saga second followed closely by the troy books . in fact the only books that let me down were lion of macedon & dark prince sorry to anyone who likes these books but they just dont float my boat :p

I loved Parmenion. Lion of Macedon is great havent read Dark prince yet.

It was like historical Fiction about ancient greece and when the cities went at eacother like crazy.

Dont get me wrong i love anything to do with ancient greece but just couldnt get into the books :)

I'd say the Drenai series was the best. Skilgannon, waylander and Druss books were amazing but then again there was some books such as king beyond the gate that I thought were poor in comparisson.

Drenai hands down lol. the others are great but i just loved the Drenai. And the Waylander trilogy being the best three books :). Followed by white wolf. love Skilgannon

1. The Drenai/Damned Series

2. The Rigante Series

3. The Troy Trilogy

4. Dark Moon

5. Ghost King Series

6. Lion Of Macedon Duology

7. Hawk Queen Duology

8. Echoes Of The Great Song

I didn't think much of Morning Star or the Shannow Novels
(I think I'm on my own there)

1. Jon Shannow Tales

2. The Drenai - i have read only Druss,Tenaka Khan,Waylander books so far.

3. The Rigante - his best written series,best supporting characters books.

4. Lion of Macedon - great historical fantasy books.

5. Ghost King - the second book was much better.

Mmm thats a tough question as apart from Hawk Eternal and Ironhands Daughter I love all his books.
Also would you add the damned in with the denai series? seems stand alone to me as it's not really drenai cos its not set in drenai or has drenai characters.
Also i've seperated waylander as i treat them as a trilogy rather than part of the drenai series as a whole.
Top 5;

1. Druss i.e Legend, the legend of deathwalker, first chroniclers of Druss etc

2. Waylander

3. Rigante

4. Troy

5. Shannow

the rest are pretty much on par with Skilgannon leading the pack.

Mmm thats a tough question as apart from Hawk Eternal and Ironhands Daughter I love all his books.
Also would you add the damned in with the denai series? seems stand alone to me as it's not really drenai cos its not set in drenai or has drenai characters.
Also i've seperated waylander as i treat them as a trilogy rather than part of the drenai series as a whole.
Top 5;

1. Druss i.e Legend, the legend of deathwalker, first chroniclers of Druss etc

2. Waylander

3. Rigante

4. Troy

5. Shannow

the rest are pretty much on par with Skilgannon leading the pack.

Drenai books are all in the same series. They do have history,world in common. Waylander changed forever for example Drenai. The thirty,Earl of Bronze Armour etc

The theme is the history of Drenai and characters are second hand. The characters are important in how the change Drenai history afterwards.

Thats why all 12 books are marked one series no matter there are stand alone books,a few trilogy in it.