the lost david gemmel book "Lost Crown"

kalmiston nakki

for those who did not know David wrote childrens novel with his daughter in 1986

David finished "Lost Crown" and sent the manuscript to his publishers.
They didn't like it, saying that they didn't think it had a "voice"
for children. So it was shelved. When David asked for the manuscript
back the following year, so that he could work on it, he was told it
had been lost. As if that wasn't enough, it had been saved only on an
Amstrad PCW disk that was corrupted. So the "Lost Crown" was well and
truly lost.

synopis of "Lost Crown"
A fantasy adventure about Luke who wakes in a strange forest to find himself surrounded by wolves. He is rescued by Capricorn, a child warlock, and a conceited owl who tell him he is trapped in the world of Nightmare and can only escape if he performs an act of great bravery.

ah that old chestnut!! yes its a shame...

there is a novel that im sure most of you know about but i will mention just in case.

White knight black swan published under the name Ross Harding...its a good read!

A good read and a nightmare to find! its over £1500 on amazon as it was a limited edition. They are like gold dust and if anyone ever wants to sell a copy please, please, please PM me!

I confess to not knowing the 'Legend DG' did childrens books.

he never really did kids books this was a one off attempt for family that never happened and then got lost.

As to WKBS, you can get them cheaper than £1500 i have had and sold about 5 copies in the last 7 or 8 years, so they are very hard to get,a nd they are also a lot more expensive than they used to be but one pops up here and there usualy sells for 500 - 800 .

Where are you from? This has been an ongoing discussion on Gemmell Mania Forums and several of us members have been trying without success to get hold of a copy.

Im just UK based in the midlands.

I have sold copies on my web site (see my profile) and also on ebay under my ebay id general_parmenion.

Im a member of drosgemmell a forum dedicated to gemmsll, and after over a decade collecting his books ...well lets just say i was well enough know for selling his books that he emailed me to say that he like the way i sold his work, i was honest, reliable and had great sources...oh and i was responsible for driving the price of his books up...yep...sorry my bad!!

when i started Legend in HB 1st edition signed was worth £200 withing 5 years it was worth £1000. and now...well it depends on the buyers but £1500+

WKBS.... it comes in fits aand spurts...but now Mr g is no more they will become even rarer.

If any one wants a copy, then i can add them to my book hunt wish list, and i will try and source a copy....it may take quite a while though...and be expensive

OMG - yes! put me on the wish list!

My first DG book was Legend -1987 (I think). It's all rumpled now and battered but it's still my fav book. I only have one signed book of DG and thats TROY.

But I think have every DG book now apart from Dark Moon and WKBS.

Advance notice for anyone out there who feels flush...i have managed to get hold of a spare...the holy grail of Gemmell collections....a very very good condition copy of Waylander signed HB 1st edition, there are only about 200 of these that were not sent to libraries, they only published 1000, it will be going on my shop site soon for £1500. This is about as rare a book as they get with gemmell.

(sorry Brian this is not meant as an advert...its more of a heads up, these things sell so fast, i thought i'd let the fans here have an opportunity to get it)