Does the Great Burn mean that the B5 crew ultimately failed?

Does the Great Burn mean that the B5 crew ultimately failed?

• Yes

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters

Whitestar

Personally, no because in the long run, humanity prevails by evolving into pure energy beings, leave Earth before its sun goes nova, and moves to New Earth to become the new guardians of the younger races.

Well the Great Burn had nothing to do with Babylon 5 or it's crew. Their mission was originally just to help prevent any further alien-human conflicts like the Mimbari war. As things took shape they went outside their remit to the point that they actually overthrew their 'lawful' government in a military coup, so I suppose in that sense you could say that their actions did lead indirectly to the Great Burn as it fostered a resentment in those extremist factions ousted in the coup :)

Winters_Sorrow said:
Well the Great Burn had nothing to do with Babylon 5 or it's crew. Their mission was originally just to help prevent any further alien-human conflicts like the Mimbari war. As things took shape they went outside their remit to the point that they actually overthrew their 'lawful' government in a military coup, so I suppose in that sense you could say that their actions did lead indirectly to the Great Burn as it fostered a resentment in those extremist factions ousted in the coup :)

Yes! That's exactly what I'm referring to. :)

As far as the B5 crew failing, no they didn't. The Great Burn happened years after B5 was decommissioned. At that stage it fell to the Rangers and the Galactic Alliance.

B5 filled its extended role superbly and did its job way beyond what it was originally designed for.

So in that respect the B5 crew fulfilled their roles.

Personally, no because in the long run, humanity prevails by evolving into pure energy beings, leave Earth before its sun goes nova, and moves to New Earth to become the new guardians of the younger races.

Do you think new Earth was/is the Vorlon Homeworld????

Yes, New Earth was indeed the Vorlon Homeworld. It was mentioned towards the end of the fourth season by Lyta Alexander. :)

Back