Who's your fave BtVS character?

Who's your fave BtVS character?

• Total voters
Spike. I love Spike! He's hot, cool and has peroxide hair, which I love. He is a brilliant character, funny, sarcastic and overall amazing to watch. Plus, James Marsters portrays Spike perfectly. I couldn't imagine any other actor playing Spike!

I've gotta say Anya - looks, personality and humour, all wrapped up in a kick-ass demonic package. What more could you want in a woman? Almost every humorous moment in the show's later seasons I attribute to Anya, not to mention that one of my favourite episodes (Selfless, Season 7) centres on her. Whedon & co. did a fantastic job of bringing out the conflict in her human and demon sides, as well as forcing her to choose between them. And her decision had such tragic consequences :(

If I got another choice, I'd have gone for Tara (I notice I pick the ones noone else seems to...). It was rare to see such a gentle and warm-hearted person with no personal agenda on Buffy, and she really brought out Willow's good side.

Maybe in terms of "relevance to the story" neither Anya nor Tara were that important, but hey, to me the BtVS story was always about the characters rather than defeating the Big Bads, and in that sense both Anya and Tara were pivotal, both in themselves and for the effects they had on the Scoobies.

Well it looks like I'm the first to pick Tara. I really felt sorry for her character. Had a real bad habit of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I really like Buffy.

She was a strong character. I liked the juxtaposition of her strength and intellect yet her awkwardness in social interactions.

They've all got their ups and downs but I voted Anya. Love the way her demon background gives her odd insight into the absurdity of human behavior, and she provides some very welcome and necessary comic relief in some of the darker episodes late in the show. On any given day though, it could easily be someone else.

I missed the show when it aired, so I had no idea how popular Spike was. He is a far more interesting character as the series progresses than I initially gave him credit for, but he hardly inspired my devotion. I think I was a little turned off by some of the things he did out of "love" for buffy, such as the Buffy bot or the attempted rape.

Went for Spike. If not him, then Giles, who could've just been a stuffy stereotype but his character had decent depth.

I voted for Spike - but also had to mention Wesley, such an amazing character arc and he ended up being one of the most badass characters in either show!

Faith.
She's my favourite Slayer, hands down. I loved her story arc and her fall into the darkness, which I think made her more human than Buffy. She didn't have Buffy's support group or family background, but still (eventually, yes) came round to the good guys' side again.

There is a lot of love for Spike, which I'm going to come out and say I don't get. I loooooved evil Spike and his obsession with Slayers and his crazy love for Drusilla. However, the defanged, ensouled Spike? Meh. Not so much. He is the one character I felt was waaaaay overused in the Buffy franchise.

HI this is my first post here. In the end I went for the boring answer of Spike.

I like him overall, but my favourite incarnation of the character if you will is his season 2-4 of Buffy and S5 of Angel incarnation. I liked him as a cocky rival to the heroes, rather than the lovestruck hero.

I did find it hilarious though learning about what a wimp he really was in S5-7, with his history as a mummy's boy failed poet. It made the character more endearing to learn that his tough guy persona was just an act LOL.

For me, the strength of BtVS is that I raged for and against different characters at different times.
Across BtVS and Angel, I even began to like Harmony Kendall. She made vapid an artform!

I've been watching Buffy consistently since I was 11 years old. I still remember watching some Season 2 and 3 episodes when they aired though, which was several years prior to me actually watching the show consistently. I've been a Buffy fan for more than half my life! In my early 20s, I had a coworker who was also into Buffy. For the past 6-7 years, she and I have been texting back and forth discussion topics about Buffy and Angel (the shows), which include a lot of character development conversations and intricate dissections of the plot.

That being said, Spike is my favorite character. Has been since I was 11. This is due to the fact that James Marsters does such a great job with the character. Also, James Marsters has the same birthday as me, so my 11-year-old self was all over that! However, his character development from nerdy poet to self-sacrificing hero is one of my favorite stories. Without writing documents worth of details, he has the most interesting character evolution, and the most drastic, out of all the characters in the Buffyverse.

Tara is my second favorite, and I'm sad to see there isn't that much love for her. She is beautiful from the inside out, and her backstory is sad but empowering. I cry every time I watch the end of season 6!

Spike was a terrifc character. He started as a one dimensional villain and, over time , ended up becoming one the best and most interesting characters on Buffy . His journey from villain to hero and finally champion, was a great story arc for the show.:cool:(y)

He also had some of the best one liners.

"Sorry, I was paralysed by not caring."

Who's your favorite character from the show?

And why?

I'll toss mine in - Spike's my overall fave. He's what got me into the show and it has less to do with how he looks than with how he sings. First ep I saw beginning to end was "OMWF" - and had Spike not been able to sing, I dunno if I'd've kept watching. ;)

I like Spike for other reasons, but my brain's a bit on the Swiss cheese side at the moment, so I'll have to come back when I'm less distracted.
Spike. Hands down. I was watching BtVS before he appeard in season two, but Spike will always be my pick. There are plenty of fave characters and many that I would want to protect with my life. Though, end of the day, no character was as captivating as William the bloody (...and no, this is not being said based purely on my crush *cough*, that's part of it, but I genuinely thought his character was amazing. )