Help...80's or before book series

daverwhite

I know this is vague, but in the 80's i remember reading some books in a series of 5 or 6 in good versus evil. I cannot remember the author or any of the titles, but seem to recall the "hero" having to look for markers or signs. The hero was a boy/teenager If i remember correctly. The series was set in the UK i think and seemed to be more or less, (for then), present day.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated, as trying to recall details has been driving me mad.

Thanks

It wouldn't be Susan Cooper's The Dark Is Rising Sequence, would it?

EDIT: (Consisting of five books - Silver on the Tree, The Grey King, Greenwitch, The Dark Is Rising, and Over Sea, Under Stone.)

I never finished the series, but I recall the young boy Will having to look for Signs.

Scriven,

Thanks!!! I'm pretty sure that is it. I never finished the series either, but a conversation last week jolted aspects of the book back to mind and its been driving me crazy trying to think of titles, the name of the series, etc. I definitely recall some of the titles you mentioned and i remember "Will" as the main character.

Thanks again.

You're welcome. I might pick up those books again some time. :D