Prue Vs Paige

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria8475

It goes on.....
Woohoo another Charmed weekend on Living!!! Thanks for letting me know Evo. :D

And this time the choice is between Prue or Paige.

Prue, the eldest, who always felt as if she had to look after her little sisters. She was always on top, able to be as "Charming" as she was whilst holding down a high powered job. She had an amazing relationship with Andy, which i thought made a lot of the first series work, culminating in him sacrificing both his career and then his life for her.

Paige, the illegitimate child. The whitleighter half of her, adds a little something to her telekinesis. Once adjusted, she settled into the family and the trade like she'd always been a part of it. In her heart of hearts maybe she still feels that she's being compared to Prue, but she's done plenty to make her shine just as brightly.

So who would you rather go to lunch with?

yeah i'm thinking about this, and having a reaaly hard time. I always loved Prue, and sometimes felt like i could relate to her. But Paige has really taken to her role as a Charmed one and completely made it her own. Plus she changes her hairstyle as often as Prue changed boyfriends. :D

Still loyality (and a little respected for the dead) is making me lean more towards Prue.

The epsidoes for today:

Fifth Halliwell Vs Murphy's Luck.

Murphy's luck is one of my favourites. It's really a chance to deal with the difficult emotional choices that people have to make. It's also a little reassuring to know that if super-witches like Prue can have a bad period, it's only natural for the rest of us too :D

The Fifth Halliwell is good too. Again with the difficult choices. Do you tell your new sister that she suspect your even newer brother in law of being a demon?

Baby's First Demon Vs Primrose Empath.
well anything with Wyatt in it is really cute :D Plus the first time to meet Jason. Yum. However seing Prue as an empath, esp at first and dealing with other people's feelings was a total laugh. And our first indication that Cole does *really* love Phobe.

Charmed again 1 and P3 H2O
Obviously Prue's funeral, the wonderful acting my Holly and seeing Paige for the first time, make Charmed again a great ep. On the other hand there was Penny giving Prue that immortal advice: "Believe in the greatest of all powers". And no that's not the power of three!

Unfortunately i didn't watch these, so don't know which ones won. Maybe someone can fill me in.

Charmed again 2 and From Fear to Eternity.
The fear demon, despite being one of the best ones ever faced, just doesn't stand up to the chance of seeing Paige accept her destiny and get to hug Penny!! :D

Bite Me Vs The Truth is Out There.....and it hurts.
Now i am a huge Prue/Andy Shipper so i loved the ep when she eventually told him. It was also really cute when they asked each other how they felt :D Unfortunately though the majority did not agree with me and Paige becoming a vampire was more attractive.

So what i have (and this may not mean much because Prue could have won the first three ;)) is Paige 2 - Prue 0!

The battle of the sister's

Just had to vote for Paige! She is fun with a capital F. Who would I like to go to lunch with? You mean you've got to ask! :D

I recorded the episodes yesterday as I had to go out, but I can see by your write up that Paige is winning. lol, YES!!

:D

I decided to sit on the fence, (in other words took the easy way out!)

I think they're both great characters, Prue because she was the original, she took charge and looked after her sisters so much (and had a string of VERY cute bfs :D) Paige is so funny, and you can see that her character has evolved much since Charmed Again from being a reluctant witch to becoming headwitch for a time.

*Goes off to watch Charmed*

Hey Evo. I'm glad you recorded the eps maybe you can look over the first three and see who won it them. Then we can have a fairer count. :D

Sarah, i agree completely - they are both great and Paige has come leaps and bounds. Hey she was the god of war and single handedly vanquished an unvanquishable Cole!

Today started with:
Sam I am Vs Dream Sorceror
And Prue got the vote - that girl rocks even in her dreams. Plus the little sideline of Piper and Phoebe casting love spells is too funny. I guess watching Paige meet her biological father is more of a serious ep but it's high quality drama.

Centennial Charmed Vs Ms Hellfire
Unsuprisingly Paige won this round despite the fact that Prue gets to wear the coolest outfit and almost kill her sisters!

So it's now Paige 3 - Prue 1

Come on Prue!!!

The round up for the rest of the day:

A Paige from the Past and She's a Man Baby, a Man
Prue as a man beat teenage Paige, even if she was a little drama queen. Both good episodes. Paige dealing with her parents death, that's gotta be a tough subject for any show to do and they handle it really well. While Prue gets a new perspective on the male psyche ;)

Hell Hath No Fury Vs Deja Vu all over again
So time the choice was between Andy's death or the Prue post death period. And Paige did it. As she probably deserved to in that ep, what with all the good she did ;).

A Knight to Remember and Witch Trial
Two Paige's! For those of us who don't think one is enough! :D It doesn't hurt to have a yummy medieval knight madly in love with you either :D But Prue ends on a good note, dealing with Andy's death and coming to terms with the fact that magic isn't responsible. Plus first time they get a visit from Grams and Dan and Jenny move in next door.

So for the weekend the score:
Paige 4 - Prue 3
which is actually quite nice. With a bit of luck the first 3 eps will have worked out so that they both end up with 5 each :D

I had to vote for Paige.. I just think the series has overall been better from the 4th season onwards..when Prue was in it she usually decided what they were going to do, but now they all have a say. I think Paige is more interesting than Prue. Strange saying that now, i remember hearing they were going to kill Prue off and i thought i wouldn't like it anymore lol!!

hi again everyone..been a while again.

:)

Hi Jolinar!!

Hey!!

I haven't had chance to wtach the video yet. But as soon as I do I will post the results. Bet Paige wins tho. :p

Hey Jolinar,

Nice to see you around :wave: Charmed was just not the same without you around :D And yes i definetly remember you saying how much you liked Prue and how it wouldn't be the same without her - Paige really must be doing something right! :D

Evo - yeah i agree, Paige probably wins.

awww i feel loved maria :) lol

been thinking some more..maybe paige isn't 'better' than prue just different..but overall i do prefer charmed with paige than with prue.
not sure if that sounds confusing or not!! lol!!

:D

Paige is definitely different and way better. :D I agree with you, Charmed is so much greater having Paige. :)

It's weird now watching the old episodes where Prue is there.. I just think 'where is paige?' lol!

Yeah me too. It feels like Paige has been there from the begining. She's fitted in so well. :D

Really?

I like Paige and I think the show would not be in the same place without her but still when i watch old episodes with Prue I'm thinking "that's how it's supposed to be."

I think somewhere (in this convoluted mind of mine), i'm still hoping they'll find a way to bring her back.

But then the good old "power of three" thing would be out the window?

well she'd be dead so i don't suppose she can contribute to the power of three. I see her in more of a Grams role. Just watching over them and telling them how everything they're doing is wrong and how it could be done much better ;)

It isn't the same without Prue...but....it has got a lot more fun to watch now that Paige has come into it, I think....

I agree the later series have been more fun, but that may not be just about Paige. I think the other two have loosened up a bit too, especially Piper. And the string of cute guys (Chris, Piper's fireman, Jason, Nate, Leslie) probably add to that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Critiques 3
Maria8475 Charmed 0
Maria8475 Charmed 5
Maria8475 Charmed 5
Z Charmed 26