Atlantis Trailer

HeyLynny

Explorer
I heard the trailer was shown during Stargate last week. Since I have TIVO I scip commercials so I missed it. Anyone know of a link to it?

Teaser would be a more accurate description. Your not missing much. It was just a CG thing, passing through water as the screen read a few lines and a narrator recited them (stuff like "Prepare for the Mysteries of Humanity to be Revealed" or something), then a stargate appears in the water at the end of the add.

That was it? OK, then I didn't miss much. I'll keep my eyes peeled this Friday. I'll have to actually watch the commercials, but just this once.

Skiffy showed it tonight, Monday night, March 8th. On Mondays, four or five old eppys are shown. During the last one shown the teaser says something like, "things to come," it shows the gate open and in the Stargate font it says "Stargate Atlantis, coming in July."

Does anyone know where I can download the Teaser/Trailer for atlantis?
Thanks if you can help

my posts aren't showing up (?)

You need to have our members pm or email you with this data. we dont allow members to advertise sites where everyone can download epys - copyright issues.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by Texane
my posts aren't showing up (?)

You need to have our members pm or email you with this data. we don’t allow members to advertise sites where everyone can download epys - copyright issues.

Hope this helps.

You're missing a few options there.
This is a commercial.
It might be on official websites.

The Atlantis Trailer could be on sci-fi's website or
on the official site for the new show.

Oh, hey I forgot another option.
In general Sci-Fi runs there commercials a lot.
As far as I know there are no rare versions of the commercial.
Just tune in.

you don't really think Skiffy or MGM or Greenwhatever really think it's o.k. for you to download their trailer do you? Think they are turning their backs on those contracts, do you? Well, the advertisers will be glad to hear they can violate their contracts, forward the trailer to anyone, and get a lot of new work with other executive producers/cable networks after they do so. After all, what's a little violation of multi million dollar contracts between "friends"?

Unwise, my friend.

Texane what are you talking about?

I'm saying check official websites that have the
copyrights
for the show. Those ligitimate websites
may have this short commercial.

If you need to see the preview check:

Sci-Fi
http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
http://www.stargateatlantis.com/

They may, or may not have the commercial preview
for the new show.
Either way those sites would clearly have permision or
copyright have the trailers for download.

If you've checked the "official" sites, then anywhere else is, by definition, unofficial and within the remit of Texane's statement.

Originally posted by PTeppic
If you've checked the "official" sites, then anywhere else is, by definition, unofficial and within the remit of Texane's statement.

Duh! I said that Texane's original post was
". . missing a few options . ."
I didn't say he was wrong.
Texane was talking about full episode download
sites.
I understand objections to full episode download sites.

- - - - -
We are talking about an ad. If there were some kind of fan
site (that had nothing to do with full episode downloads)
I see no reason for worry about copy write violations.

Example: When the new Masters of the Univers show started
fans of the show made the comercials for the show into
downloadable files. He-Man.org posted links to these short
commercals for the cartoon.

Now He-Man.org from what I understand does have a good
relationship with Mattel, so if Mattel had a problemb with
the download of the comercial for the show they could have
told He-Man.org to remove the links to these ads. They didn't.

There is a huge diffrence between full episode download and
download of a comercial for the show.

Originally posted by McHorde-Trooper
I see no reason for worry about copy write violations.

There is a huge diffrence between full episode download and
download of a comercial for the show.
That's the problem... the only difference is the size. They are both still copyright and therefore unauthorised copying and distribution is against the law, and can't be condoned by ASciFi.COM through the distribution of websites.

You could say that a music single is only 3 minutes - barely longer than a trailer/advert... and we all know what the industry is doing to the people who copy those...

And if you think it's being heavy-handed, look how many mainstream directors started out making adverts...

That's the problem... the only difference is the size. They are both still copyright and therefore unauthorized copying and distribution is against the law, and can't be condoned by ASciFi.COM through the distribution of websites.

You could say that a music single is only 3 minutes - barely longer than a trailer/advert... and we all know what the industry is doing to the people who copy those...

And if you think it's being heavy-handed, look how many mainstream directors started out making adverts...

Well if Texane would have stated that from the beginning
instead of referring to "download epys" and random incoherent
stuff about "contracts" . .

I mean it doesn't matter if I think it's silly or not
the board policy is the board policy. I have to
go along with it.

PTeppic keep a copy of you're post to re-use if the topic
comes up again.

Remember don't be vague.

That's the problem... the only difference is the size. They are both still copyright and therefore unauthorised copying and distribution is against the law, and can't be condoned by ASciFi.COM through the distribution of websites.

Exactly so, PT. In fact, this is one of the subset arguments presented to the courts in the Napster case.

One of the arguements regarding the unauthorized use of advertisements and trailers (the arrow used in the trailer for Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves was later used without authorization and became a legal issue) is that you must be even more talented (and with the underlying contract) to create and edit trailers because you must capture an audience in a much lesser period of time, which then creates (if the trailer is good) a huge amount of income from those persons who are not P1 audience members.

[color=darkblue-]Those of you who write games probably understand even more.[/color] You must keep a potential audience's attention for approximately 8 - 9 seconds to the point they buy your game. At that point, the game must not only be the best, virtual time, "real" game as a whole, you must again keep the purchaser's attention in attention sound/color/plot "bites," giving him or her something to do/locate/unwrap the riddle, kill the enemy with (and you cannot have just one weapon, room or planet; you must be diverse with numerous adversaries - guys, this is work!) each few seconds play into whether a player enjoys the entire game. This is the only manner you will persuade a player to purchase the next version. And more importantly, this will keep him or her from telling their friends that your game sucks. You have so little time to accomplish so much . . . . These very small ads, sound bites, logos - they are very expensive, and protected under the law.

With trailers, again a very short few seconds to tempt, to interest non-P1 watchers to turn on the television, while in the same time let your P1 watchers know when the next installment is. The Trailer Creator and Editor, in many instances, are in a completely cold spot. They have no control over when their trailer is run, the dates, times. You would think each channel/cabel would have highly educated advertisers helping them with that, but on some days it must be tough. They are trying to get a "cold slate" to turn on the t.v., to a show they have never watched, possibly being shown on a station they were never interested in prior to the trailer, and during all this time, trying to get new fans to watch a show, or go to a movie. There had not been enough of the movie of RHPOT to make the trailer with the actors. An advertising team came up with the arrow, and it worked! As you may recall, it had become a big "issue," big laugh, big embarrassment that Kevin Costner did not speak with an English accent during the movie (he claimed he did not have enough time between movies to practice), and the jokes started a few months before the movie. The trailer was such a success, it was inserted into the movie. The trailer with the arrow saved some really big backsides on that one.

Trailers, logos, advertisements and jingles have made an incredible amount of money for those who have the talent to write and edit them, usually for the rest of the writer/editor's career.

and who can forget, "two all beef patties, special sause lettuce cheese pickles onions on a sesame seed bun?

do you remember the three little old ladies, with one demanding, Where's the beef???
(that commercial was less than 20 seconds long.)

or [color=darkblue-]I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony. . . I'd like to buy the world a Coke and keep it company . . .[/color]

These jingles, commercials and songs made a fortune for the companies advertised, specifically because they were "catchy" enough to remain in the minds of the audience. Most of them were, and are, less than 30 seconds long.

I am a litigator and my father was an advertiser. I've kept up with these legal issues for a while. They interest me.

:cool:

Originally posted by McHorde-Trooper

Well if Texane would have stated that from the beginning
instead of referring to "download epys" and random incoherent
stuff about "contracts" . .

I mean it doesn't matter if I think it's silly or not
the board policy is the board policy. I have to
go along with it.

PTeppic keep a copy of you're post to re-use if the topic
comes up again.

Remember don't be vague.

Yup you're right McHorde-Trooper board policy is board
policy.

Now that that is settled the mods might want to lock this thread
since it is clearly off topic and the original topic's ligitimacy is in
question.

They just had a new commercial on tonight different from the simple underwater one from before. Showed some of who I assume will be the cast ;)