Info on the two-week hiatus

So as most of you in the US may have realized, Alias is on a two-week hiatus, i found out why yesterday. I'd give you the link where i found the info out but it was on Livejournal and has since turned into a flaming war after which the entire thread was deleted.

But, apparently the producers want to dumb down the show and asked the writers to go re-do some future scripts. I wish i could quote it word for word but i unfortunately can't remember it :(

I'm just so annoyed, it's completely disrespectful toward it's audience, i personally don't want the show spoon fed to us, the twisty plots and characters arcs are the things i *love* about this show, it treats its audience intelligently.

Hopefully JJ will get his way and won't change a word of the scripts, only time will tell.

That's surprising! I thought Alias prided itself on it's intelligent plot lines and writing. I hope JJ comes through, too. Making the story simpler would be a big disappointment.

Originally posted by Lonewolf89
I thought Alias prided itself on it's intelligent plot lines and writing.
Me too :( maybe the "dumbing down" will only include more cleavage shots or action sequences? Who knows? I still think anything like that is unnecessary though.