6.16: Metamorphosis

my point was that well were all yacking about what MIGHT happen, usually when the episode is finally aired the first few posts are put in spoilers so that we don't get slammed in the face unprepared...just my opinion, I love spoilers...

Originally posted by Arc_Angel
I loved the shippy moment between Sam and Jack, I was all like, arrrrrr :D
It was cool how the people went all red then exploded into water just like on X-Men the movie :D
I think she said he was a chicken or chickenish, I don't think she swore.
Was it just me or did Nurti look more like a body builder now?

I thought this ep was fab :D
I'm gonna have to find the transcript and take a look, cos i coulda sworn she said what i thought...:)

Nurti was way muscly! And loved the special effect of the bursting water thing (thats the technical name ;))

xxx

Hmm, don't know about this one. I might watch the rerun, as I missed some of the second half, but overall I am not impressed. Not a typical Deluise ep - they are usually funny and fast paced. Did Peter DeLuise have a cameo in this ep? If so I missed it.

Oh i liked the little Oz bit at the end, them aliens looking at them blankly hehe was pretty funny :) I didnt notice DeLuise either

xxx

Hiyas!

I LOVE this episode! Well apart from the noticibly ickyness of some of it.

The scenes between Sam and Jack were wanderful! Oh I so remember 'Beneath the Surface' from this ep. I was almost squeeling! :eek:) (Guessed that I'm a 'shipper?)

'Shipperness aside, I did think it was a good episode, and what is up with Jonas? I hope that will be explained in further eps. Though I think it might have something to do with his faster learning capabilities and maybe something to do with Naquadria?

Oh and the most ickyness scene was with Nyriti (according to NTL that'sthe spelling!) and Jonas. I mean the implication when they started that scene, my Pasta meal suddenly went hald un-eaten! :)

Also did anyone recoginise the main mutated dude (can't remeber his name) coz I swear I've seen him play a simmilar role somewhere else. Maybe as a Viidian in Voyager?

Anyway the only thing I didn't like about this ep is that it ended very quickly. It all seemed over in 2 mins. Each ep so far seems kinda squashed, but then they were trying to fit all unanswered questions into one season. So it's only fair.

(Er sorry if I mentioned that before, it's been a long day for me.)

Anyway great ep, nice shippyness and a nice little set up for something more later. Yay.

Elisa

The main mutated guy was (I think) played by Alex Zahara, who has definitely been on SG1 before, as one of the animal/god types that Tonani's (sp?) people worshipped.
Have a look on www.imdb.com for him, I wouldn't be surprised if he popped up in a lot of tv sf, he was certainly familiar to me. For some reason I can see him in a Nazi uniform - so maybe in one of those Voyager eps.

Originally posted by Sammy O'Neill
Can i just clear something up? Right at the beginning, did Sam call Jonas chickensh*t or did i hear wrong? Cos i was like, woah!

I recorded the ep and had to rewind at that bit to make sure my ears didn't deceive me. I think she does swear, but it's partially masked by the alarm. Jack swore in 'Unnatural Selection', but that wasn't masked though - he definitely said sh*t as he woke up first time.

Originally posted by Arc_Angel
It was cool how the people went all red then exploded into water just like on X-Men the movie

Yeah, as soon as I saw Alebran burst into water, I thought 'X-men', but it looked cool :D

They've definitely set something up for later episodes - Jonas being more different genetically than he realises.

All in all it was a really good ep, but seemed over too soon :(

I had the same thought when Alebran 'burst' I was thinking X-Men all over again - but it was OK cos it fitted in with the whole idea of the story and manipulation of DNA

As soon as Jonas came out of the cage and attacked the ESP guy I knew there had to be something different about him, otherwise the ESP guy would have known. Jonas was pretty cool when he was talking with Nirrti and she was offering him all that power to rule the galaxy with - kind of wound her up a bit then hit her with the 'I'd free all my friends and then kill you - not necessarily in that order'

You know, I like Jonas and, at the risk of getting bombarded by all the Daniel fans, I don't want to see Jonas' role cut back to make room for Daniel (although I am certain that is what is going to happen) Hope they can find a way to make it work for them both. Can't help thinking that it was Michael Shanks choice to leave the show, he wasn't pushed out, and now he has decided to come back in poor old Corin Nemic is going to suffer ::runs and hides under the desk anticipating the backlash to that comment::

Did you notice that the story was by James Titchenor and Jacqeuline Samada - the actor who plays Nirrti

The Russians have become the ‘Star Trek redshirts’ of Stargate. Whenever they appear you know they are going to die.

“Hail Dorothy, the wicked witch is dead!†– we haven’t had a ‘Wizard of Oz’ quote from Jack for ages, but it just seemed forced and out of place to me.

Janet requests that the sick alien is taken to “Isolation Room 3â€. Isolation Room 3 appears to be a large room occupied by Janet, Hammond, all of SG-1 and the Russian SG team, together with at least 2 more medics, and at least 2 more guards. I wondered why they didn’t invite dialler guy along too. Who exactly were they 'isolating'?

X-Men -- Our bodies are composed of a very high % of water, but it does contain quite a bit of other solid stuff that would not break down to a colourless liquid, whatever you did to it. Broken down cells look like mucus or algal scum, and what about fats and bones? So, they scene outside the infirmary on the trolley could not happen. If someone did immediately and suddenly convert completely into water and carbon dioxide, there would probably be enough gas produced to result in an explosion.

We do learn more about Jonas. He is different to humans from Earth, enough for Nyrti to find very interesting, and he flirts with nurses.

I think it was overall a cool epi. When the guy bursted into water I was like: "They stole that from X-men!", but I didn't mind.

Nirrti did look somewhat different and to be honest I liked her more in her long dress than what she was wearing in this ep. I mean, it's Anise they dress in leather not Nirrti.

And the shippiness...no offence but I thought they had wrapped it up in season 4, in Divide and Conquer.

Jonas was great in this ep. I really would like to see him in season 7 because he's a great guy. No offence to all the Daniel-fans (as I am one too) but I really hope Jonas will stay as an important member of the SGC and SG-1.

Greetz, Falcon Horus ;)

sam did say chicken****...although i think it was more AT than sam. Still laughing about it

jonas has the worse pickup line in the world...'maybe i'll get sick?'

To me, the whole eps was a lot like a fan fic. It's a plot (generally speaking) i've read a dozen times before...but i throughly enjoyed it.

my one main quibble is the ending. dang, sam was mighty perky after what had to be her second trip through the machine.

I love the nirti/jonas scene, nice and creepy. I think hammond's gonna think twice bout sending russians with jack...they tend to die, gotta be bad on relations

and nice foreshadowing about Jonas. So he's human but different?

I love teh sam angst, and the jack angst. anyone else notice right before she laid her head on jack's shoulder, she looked at tealc? either asking his permission or silently asking him for privacy (depending on how your ship swings)

I love teh sam angst, and the jack angst. anyone else notice right before she laid her head on jack's shoulder, she looked at tealc? either asking his permission or silently asking him for privacy (depending on how your ship swings)

Yeah i noticed that too, but not sure what to make of it, if anything at all, will have to watch Saturday repeat :)

btw, i think i'm the only person that didnt think 'x-men' when the guy burst into water :) i just thought 'ew' and 'cool' :)

xxx

you're not the only person. I've heard the x-men reference more than once.

great epi. can't wait to see it on the big screen.

it sure sounded like at said chickensh*t.... have to check the closed captions when the epi finally airs here to tell though.

i went back and looked at the scene sky was talking about. she definately looked over at teal'c and he nodded at her before she put her head on o'neill's shoulder? whats up with that?

did anyone else catch sgt davis calling carter sir when the russian team was coming back?:rolleyes:

sir is a common gesture of respect to any ranking officer, male or female.

You can look at the sam/teal'c silent conversation one of three ways (probably more)

1) she was asking teal'c to give them some privacy...or maybe they had more of a talk in the lockerroom of Promised Land than we were shown and he was telling her to go for it

2) she was seeking teal'c's permission (assuming she and teal'c are involved)

3) she was seeking teal'c's permission (assuming he and jack are involved)

Personally, i go for what's behind door #1 :)

Originally posted by Sammy O'Neill

btw, i think i'm the only person that didnt think 'x-men' when the guy burst into water :) i just thought 'ew' and 'cool' :)

xxx

I though X-Files...but then I've never seem x-men...

wan't it Walter who called Sam Sir...

Originally posted by skydiver
sir is a common gesture of respect to any ranking officer, male or female.

You can look at the sam/teal'c silent conversation one of three ways (probably more)

1) she was asking teal'c to give them some privacy...or maybe they had more of a talk in the lockerroom of Promised Land than we were shown and he was telling her to go for it

2) she was seeking teal'c's permission (assuming she and teal'c are involved)

3) she was seeking teal'c's permission (assuming he and jack are involved)

Personally, i go for what's behind door #1 :)

Oh & remember Teal'c was present in S4 when Jack admitted all his feelings...I go door #1 though adding the bit mentioned before about keeping it to himself since it's not to be publicly known...

Ok maybe its because Im not really a shipper but my thought when Teal'c nodded at Carter before she laided her head on Jacks shoulder was because Jack had said to her 'you should get some rest'
She looked at Teal'c and I thought he nodded in agreement to say yes she should get some rest!

But maybe thats just me! ;)

ok just watched the ep on squinty vision. Agreeing with Pamie above, I though it looked like an over dramatic nod in agreement that she should rest...but then why DID he turn his back, he could have kept talking with Jack, or he wanted them to have some privacy... too bad it didn't last very long...old water works next door & all. One thing I didn't catch was, weren't we supposed to find out why Jack doesn't like the Russians so much? or is that another ep, or did I just miss it?