Return of the Maker: Dean Devlin wants new SG movie

I would love to see 2 more movies, but I do wonder which cast they would use. But I also don't want it to mess up the current storyline of the series.

Maybe it could be like the books that Bill Mckay wrote. It could be a 'what if SG1 never happened'. If Stargate 2 and SG: Alantis are going ahead then that franchise is safe so why not pull out some more SG films?

I loved the film and sometimes I think it is better then what the series has become, so I'd love to see more films :)

Movie casting

As much as I enjoyed the movie, Stargate, to me, has become RDA and MS and the current universe. I'm not sure I could make the transition to the McKay one.

Row

i agree. but i didnt see the movie until i was at least half way through season 2

movies

Hello everyone. Well, I think they should definitely do movies. Stargate movies, Stargate SG-1 movies and keep them separate. Hey if Star Trek can do it so can we, right? We all know that the SG-1 people are planning a movie after season 6 right, so they can do that and if Dean and his crew have a movie that's a direct sequel to the first movie then they can do that too. I'd put them out at different times of course so people don't get too confused, but I see no reason why they can't do all the movies, just keep the names different. It would be nice though if the SG-1 people and Dean's people could do it together, then I think we'd get great movies. Who knows, it'll probably be very difficult to keep it straight for the masses who aren't into the series to differentiate between a movie sequel to Stargate and a movie from the series Stargate SG-1. We who are involved with the series forget I think that not everyone in the world knows what Stargate SG-1 is, or even Stargate the movie. So, I'd be happy with anything, just keep it coming, don't let it end. Maybe, if after the SG-1 moive is done and out and the spin off happens, then Dean could put out his movies and see what happens. I want to see them all!!!!! SS

i personally like the current incarnation of sg.

if a movie was a 'let's ignore the last 6 years and make a sequel to the original theatrical release'..wouldn't hold much appeal to me.

Jack, sam, teal'c, daniel, fraiser, hammy, jonas, chevron dude, davis, et al. are the stargate team to me now.

yeh, ive got used to having sam and janet around. they weren't in the film, or the bill mckay books. and i dont like barbara shore.

Totally true, I love the characters of SG-1 now. A movie without them would be weird and seems impossible to do without confusing everyone. Don't know how they could do it but I'd love to see them try, just for the fun of it. At least we'd get an SG-1 movie!!!!!! Keep 'em comin' boys!! SS

also, there was no mention of sam and her team in the movie, even though, as she explains in cotg, she should have gone through then, and she had been studying the gate at the pentagon.