Robinson, Kim Stanley: The Mars Trilogy

Tabitha

Save Angel!
The Mars Trilogy

Has anyone read these books?

I was reading padder's thread on Water on Mars and it reminded me of something I hadn't thought of for a long time - how I used to think that I would be at the front of the queue (after all the qualified people of course), for a trip to Mars.

I still feel this way - although not so strongly, and I think that it was Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars trilogy, Red Mars, Green Mars and Blue Mars, that made me feel this way.
They were the first books I read that made the idea of space colonisation seem like it was actually within our reach. While much of the science was a little beyond my paltry two years of university physics and maths, it was still fascinating, and while the story got a little fantastical in parts I really connected with the basic concept - Humans colonise Mars

Let's do it people!

But really, what did you think of the books? It's been a while since I read them, so I would be happy to hear some reviews (ie. reminders :) )

I have not read the Mars trilogy but I have read his alternative history fiction, The Years Of RIce and Salt. IT is a decent book.

The Mars trilogy is a tough read, on one hand it is Hard SF in the details and thought regarding colonization of Mars, but on the other characters come and go without logic. The series perhaps might of used some editing. Kind of worthwhile for the scope, ideas and subject matter.

bb