Staff member
9.19 : The Truth (part 1)

-----------------------------
Creating topic, remember you
can only discuss this episode
inside this topic. Reviews of
the episode are encouraged
-----------------------------

Gillian Anderson has lauded the return of David Duchovny. They started their journey together on 'The X-Files' nine years ago, so she's pleased that he will return for "The Truth," the two-hour series finale that's now before the cameras. "I would have thought, 'Well, wait a minute, this isn't right. This isn't right,'" Anderson said in an interview, explaining how she might have reacted had Duchovny not agreed to play Fox Mulder to her Dana Scully one last time on the series.

Anderson, who is contracted to appear in a second feature film based on The X-Files, added, "I'm very glad that the show is completely ending now, because I have a feeling that even though I would have mourned to a certain degree in saying goodbye, there would have been something left undone. It wouldn't have been as clean, and I feel like we have an opportunity now to really tie it up in a whole, constructive and completing way." Fox will air "The Truth" on May 19.

The Truth (parts I & II)

Are The Gunmen Really Dead?

The Lone Gunmen--the three geeks who helped FBI Agent Mulder over the last nine years--apparently died in a recent episode of The X-Files, but they are slated to appear again in the series' upcoming two-hour finale, the Vancouver Sun reported. It's unclear whether the Gunmen--played by Tom Braidwood, Dean Haglund and Bruce Harwood--will appear in flashbacks or otherwise, the newspaper reported.

"Anything's possible on The X-Files," Braidwood told the newspaper. He added that it's "pretty clear" the Gunmen died. "I shouted, 'Dead man walking!' as each of us walked on set that last day," Braidwood said with a laugh.

As for the Gunmen's demise, Braidwood said, "From the character's point of view and as an actor playing a character, I personally didn't see the justification in [the Gunmen's being killed off], so I was a little disheartened. Largely because of the nature of the characters that we played in the show, the kind of things we represented, the humor we brought to it, the sense of morality we brought to it. But I didn't disagree with it, in the sense that all the writers have been terrifically supportive of the Lone Gunmen and very fond of them. They didn't make the decision lightly."

Great articles, thanx for sharing with us Dave.

Krystal :p

The time have come for the truth and the end of the X-Files. Tonight is the Season Finale. Remember that it will be broadcast at 8:00PM and have a duration of two hours. Don't miss it. :rolly2:

Krystal :rain:

Tonights Finale

Its a sad day for us, the X-Files fans around the world. Tonight we will be witness to the last two hours of new X-Files, ever. I know i met many people through the X-Files, be it on sites or at the store when i was digging in the boxes for the old classics. I met two of my best friends through the website i created, and i know they share the same opinion when i say its the end of an era. It was fun while it lasted, and i'm very sorry its over, because i doubt they'll be another like it.

xxx:crying: :iiworry: :fangs:

Oh man! I won't get to see it for ages!
Can anyone spoil it for me? please?
Or pm me!
I really want to know what I missed!:(

Thankx for the links,
you're right Lonewolf, it does seem a bit dissapointing.

I think they did a pretty good job of both wrapping most things up, and leaving just enough for a possible movie -- but I'll believe there'll be a movie only when it actually goes into production.

I enjoyed the 'curtain calls' of all the past characters -- good to see them again. Personally it's always seemed that the conspiracy storyline was being made up as they went along so the explanation of everything kinda pulled things together, kinda. Mulder's return really showed that he was the heart of the series. If felt like the X Files, again.

The final scene, where they exactly re-staged the scene from the pilot where Mulder first tells Scully about his sister and his quest, down to the lighting, the appearance the hotel, their positions relative to each other, everything, made a nice bookend to the series.

I can't wiat to actually SEE it, but I think that the last scene sounds cool.
What about Gibson and Marita, what were they like in this eppie?

Originally posted by Lonewolf89
*sniffle* That was sad. A litte disappointing though.

Yeah, I find it disappointing, I don't know I was waiting for more things since was the series finale and two hours. Anyway was good.

As Shiloh say the past characters appearances was cool. I really enjoy that part. :D

Originally posted by lisasg1
How many characters made appearances?

Let me see, is I remember all. Forget me is I left someone. The ones I remember Krycek, Mr X(I was so happy), Cigarette Man, the three lone gunmen, Covarrubias and the boy, Gibson Praise. That are the ones I remember. :D

don't cry, it was a great ep. I'm satisfied & I have it on tape;)

I quite like this ep, it was good to have Mulder back *& I loved the interaction between him & Skully. I stopped watching x-Files for about a year, when the 'Dog' came along. I quite liked how they got the 4 of them working together in the end.

Well I think they did a pretty good job all in all. I wasn't happy what they had done with either The Gunmen or Krycek and I was glad to see them back even in that way.

As for not getting enough answers, well...when have they ever told us anything? Most of the reason I liked this show was because of all the twists and turns and I like that they left questions in our minds even as they answered some others. It keeps with the spirit that is, was, and hopefully always will be...The X-Files.

Spoiler?
I think the Gunmen or Krycek thing fit in well, we discover at the end how Mulder now has faith & belief in God, seeing how they've carried the Skully & her cross thing through out the show. They're ending on a point or 'we found out it's inevitable that the aliens are taking over BUT we can still have our faith...I liked that bit even though I'm not heavily religious