X-Files Ending

shiloh

Cogito ergo doleo
All over the news this a.m. - Chris Carter is pulling the plug, and Season 9 will be the last. The final episode will air in May.

Oh well it had to end one day. At least we got another season then. As we were told that it would finish after Season 8.

Thanks for the news Shiloh. :D

annette :)

DOH!

i came herr to pso the sad news.....................lux like someone beat me 2 it! lol

ah well
i for one will be sad. i started watching it when i was like 11 or 12. the 1st programme that i was oally addicted to.............gud memories................:(

9 seasons ain't bad. Stargate is only doing 6. :p

Originally posted by Annette
9 seasons ain't bad. Stargate is only doing 6. :p

Shame series 9 is Mulderless... then again series 8 was pretty much Mulderless and that wasn't too bad.... though I can't really remember an episode from series 8 that I thought was brilliant.

I thought they were thinking of continuing the series with Dogget and Ryes (whatever her name is :rolleyes: )

I think they were but ratings have gone down that much since Mulder had left and with Gillian Anderson going too. Think they knew they were fighting a battle they weren't gonna win. (if u see what I mean) hehehe!!!!!!!!!

annette :D

X-Files was amazing when it started. It came out just at the right time, when people were becoming curious about unexplained again.
Plus the chemistry and tension (in general) between Mulder and Scully was great.

It would be a miracle for any show to keep the interest and ideas as new and as fresh over 8 years are so.

i know it's awful......but there is a some light on the horizon. Mulder is going to come back for the series finale :D

me no likey mukder......me wanna continue seeing doggett!!!!!!! lol

AFter season 9 we won't see either unless we watch repeats/videos/dvd's.

Originally posted by Maria8475
i know it's awful......but there is a some light on the horizon. Mulder is going to come back for the series finale :D

He is?? :eek:

He's going to appear in the last 2 episodes as far as I am aware.

Originally posted by Annette
He's going to appear in the last 2 episodes as far as I am aware.

Really????? Hooray!! :rolly2:

ah well
i just hope rob patrick makes more movies....lol

Hey! Yeah, Mulder's gonna be in the finale 2- parter.
Doggett is really cool too!;)

Me too, if the series had carried on into a tenth season that would have been one of the things i would have wanted CC to explore further. Their relationship development did seem kind of rushed because they only had 2 seasons together, whilst Scully and Mulder had 7 plus the eps from S8 and 9, but i liked what i saw :D

I'm sad its ending, but i'm glad its not doing a tenth without both DD and GA, it just wouldnt have worked, no matter how great Doggy and Reyes are. The support just wouldnt have been there. Its been a great nine years, but there are still DVD's and repeats as Annette said earlier, i know i'm gonna love watching all the old eps over and over again :) and theres still movies to come, so its not really the end. Theres still more Mulder and Scully to come in the near future :)

xxx