Wrong Time !

Kephallinian

Hi all,
well I know the time line in Xenaverse is ...'slightly' different but I was waching "send in the clones' noticed something I didn't before...ie. they kept saying Xena and Gabrielle lived 2000 years ago, yet the Xena fan said in the begining that they are 'Myceaneans", that's about at least 1500 years off.
just thought I'd let those who didn't know and those who might find it interesting.
cioa,
Keph.;)

Well, actually I've heard them referred to as Pre-Myceneans as well. But then again, since when do they follow history? ;) If they met Caesar, Augustus, Cleopatra and Caligula, then they lived 2000 years ago. But if they met David, Goliath, Ulysses and Helen, then it was 3200-3500 years ago. And if they met Ares and Aphrodite....well, then whenever they lived, they were locked up for claiming they met imaginary people!

Wow! What knowledge. The magic of the show is that there isn't really any concept of time other than the battles, the historic figures,....do you remember when Joxer, Gabriella, and Xena were in the present dealing with some unscrupulous scientist? I forget what exactly the plot was, just saw part of the ending...can someone fill me in? OH yeah....Joxer had xena's personality and strength, Xena had Joxers....what about Gabriella? hmmm
Help!:errrr: :disturbed :hjbigeyes

well august,
precisely why I used the words "timeline slightly different"...It's part of the fun and one of the many reasons I love watching the show,when you know all those people lived through such a wide spectrum of time...and yet Xena and Gabby...of course and Joxer, met them all, well, almost.
I just realized that they didn't meet Alexander the Great did they?

cheers,
Keph.

Gala~ Gabrielle's spirit was always in Gabrielle's body

Keph~ No

Originally posted by Euterpe
Gala~ Gabrielle's spirit was always in Gabrielle's body

Keph~ No
I'm sorry....confused. Of what is this a refrerance?

What she means is that in the eps "Soul Possession" and "Deja Vu All Over Again," Lucy played a modern day obsessed Xena fan named Annie, who discovered that she was actually the reincarnation of Joxer. Ted played her skeptical boyfriend Harry, who discovered that he was the reincarnation of Xena. (And was able to tap into her memories, fighting skills, etc.) Renee played... Mattie, I think her name was? A new-age-y past-life therapist, who helped them to discover all this, only to find that *she* was Gabrielle reincarnated.

Ares later tried to enforce his "marriage contract" with Xena, only to discover that this would mean he waould be married to a man! So he put Xena's soul back into the body that most resembled her original one, that of Annie.

Oh come on ! One week she was helping King David, the next, she was 900 years on fighting Julius Caesar. Then she hears Homer tell the story of Spartacus (For our US readers, Homer died around 600 years before Spartacus was born.):D Wrong time doesn't even BEGIN to describe it and all this is ignoring the fact that she was supposed to be a contemporary of Hercules. If you're going to watch this tripe, disengage your brain first.