Astronomy?

hehehe. Hav a great Xmas!!!! I'll be going away 4 just under a week, so don't be surprised if i dont answer your messages 4 a while.:D :p

i just got back too.i had a great christmas.most people just gave me money so i am gonna go out and buy a telescope pretty soon.but it is supose to snow on sunday monday and tuesday!gonna get about....3-9 inches!hows it goin there?

Things are pretty great here. got a few vouchers, money-dunno what to do with it yet, probably save, chocs and an expensive manual camera (doing a photography cource nxt yr) and maybe get into astrophotography!!:cool: It is very nice day up here...blue skt, few clouds...too much wind though:( going to try and take advantage of any clear night 4 using my telescope. What u doing 4 new years? Im probably going to stay home, have some bubbly...

ya.i got a digicam for christmas.when i get my telescope i am gonna try taking pictures.someone on space.com has a 4.5" reflector and has a digicam and he takes pics,said they turned out good.the site was messed up so i didn't get to look at them.i think that i am just gonna stay at home.seen enough relatives for the year

hehe, me too. (relatives)
Do u know about the rotten tomatoes site? it is very similar to this one except it's about all generes of movies/tv. the site is www.rottentomatoes.com i started a scifi thread which no one has replied yet under the general discussions forum. if you want to join u r most welcome. my username is Equinox.
Party hard tonight!!!Hav a great time.

Nic

no i didn't know about that site.i looked for that post and i couldn't find it...maybe you didn't post it?looks like a good review movie page!

I did post it bec i went to find it yesterday, and did find it. It is eaither on the second or third page. to go to the next page it is in very small writing right underneith the list.

Another awesome site is www.scififlicks.com

Did u hav a great new year? I just stayed up to 12.50pm watching tv. Went to the posties whistle (english bar) at 11am after a walk with some group of 'older' people, had a apple cider...yummm!!! :rolly2:
Didn't feel too good so coulnt open the bubbly that evening. Going to do it tonight though..yippeee!! :D

C Ya soon M

Nic

no i still didn't find it...but that other site is real good!;) i had a great new year.i also went and got me a 4.5" reflector telescope with go-to!lucky me!it was on sale thats the reason i got my go-to and i got a $25 rebate which takes care of the taxs!so thats really cool.i was gonna go star gazing tonight but i have to align my **** on it and its like 15 Fº!really cold out there.might snow again though:D c ya!

Oh well, its probably been knocked off the list now as there has been no one replying it. Instead i posted a poll yesterday, 4 or more people have already replied already.
Went to see LOTR today...it was great...highly recommended. ***** star!! The Embasy which was the first cinema to screen it was done up, pretty amazing, there was a huge 20ft carved cave troll on the enterance roof.
Congradulations on your purchasing your 1st telescope! Was the a view finder you were talking about? They can get quite anoying somtimes as they never stay where u want them to. bugger about those snow storms. we never get anything like that here. The ranges about 40km away have only little snow on them then there are the volcanoes, one which is active (eekk), but thay are about 200 km away (90-120miles, somewhere about there)...
:rolleyes: hope thats not too boring chat.

have an ex 2002!!!
I was wondering whether u believe this is the 2nd or 3rd yr of 21st century/melenium?

adios amigo

Nic:D

i saw LOTR a while ago too.it is really good!ya its a wierd finder scope.it has a red dot kinda like a lazerpointer,it looks like a bigger verion of a lazer pointer except you can't see the dot unless you are looking in it.well on space.com i asked how to align it and one guy told me to get about 200-300 yards away and point at a street light or a top of a tree.i live in the city and it twists and turns so i need a new way b/c its too close.i think it is the 3rd yr of the 21st century right?c ya

Okay, thats somthing like what i did but were facing a hill so its a lot easier than in the middle of a city. Umm, im starting to run out of things to say...anything interesting going on there?
It's been very cloudy up here so havn't had a chance to outside. Walked up Mount Kaukau yesterday (about 45-1hr track) Very nice view.:cool:
Well it's scifi saturday today!! But season one of farscape finished last week (4 the second time), hope theyre going to show season 2. Roswell waz on lastnight, the eppies are later than they use to be (10pm), and max got drunk...funny...hehe:rolly2:
Cya 2
adios amigos
Nic

hmm.what season was that on?are you sure it was max because micheal just got drunk in the last eppy.max said "i already told you not to drink because of what happened to me when i got drunk" i haven't seen that eppy before but its cool.i finialy got my finder scope aligned and saw jupiter,m45,rigel and sirius,and the moon.jupiter i am prob gonna have to get a barlow to see it better,i just see a white round ball with 2 brown stripes going across the front and bottom of the planet.i couldn't find saturn for some reason but the moon very fine detail.its really cloudy tonight though.in new zeland(sp?),does it have alot of grass and trees and land?or do you just live in the city?where i live they are taking out most of the trees and building houses so there are practicly no trees anymore.

Im in the suburbs, about 10 mins out of the capital, which is a very small city compared to us standards. It's spelt ZEALAND by the way. there is a lot of farmland in the nth island, more sheep than people! baaaa
There are qiute a few native bushes left.
I don't get the huge bright lights of downtown, only get to see about 1/2 the sky as were surrounded by hills. Down here, saturn is suposed to be in the North to west direction, quite high up.
Last time i went up, saw a bright star very close to the moon, looked at it, had a definate shape but compaing the place to the sky chart couldn't find out what it was, can u help me with that?

Im talking about season 1, 4 roswell.:alienooh:

bye

Nic

so you can see alot of stars then,that would be really cool.umm,about a month ago jupiter was very close to the moon.there were alot of questions as of what it was,but it was jupiter and its moons;) the moon looks so different at high magnification.c ya

must hav been, i didn't see any of the moons like i did when i first viewed through the telescope bec it was too close to the moon?
hav u signed up on the other sites it told u about?
ummm yeah.
im procrasinating at the moment, supposed to finishing of my curtains, theyve got constellation symbols on them, pretty cool.
what music u into: try these sites if u dont know them: www.mp3.com and www.audiogalaxy.com
gotta go

cya
Nic

ya i think that the light pollution of the moon would block jupiters moon depending on how close it was,as it got farther away you could see it.i use to be really into music,i have visited both those sites,but now i have kinda dropped out of liking music and barely listen to the radio at all.now i am doing space:D what music u like?

Well im into allsorts of music, but nothing classical or heavy eg some rock;)
Instrumental is the fase im going through such as movie themes...downl;oaded heaps!

But there was somthing weird, jupiter wasn't maked on the map, oh well.

What is your fav planet/moon???

I would hav to go with Europa

caio

hehe.i went threw that.loved those movie themes.i am in a movie thing right now,i see practicly every movie that comes out and if i don't see it i really don't want to.but i always have opinions on every movie.if you ask me what is my fav movie of 2002 i could prob tell ya.lol....2003 is easy,matrix!my favorite planet is jupiter and my fav moon is either Io or Ganymede.i saw jupiter and the 4 large moons.this is my last night to stay up late to look at stars untill a week if not more:( what eyepieces do you have for your scope?i have a 26mm and a 10mm,i am going to get a 3x barlow from meade in a couple months for planets.