5.06: Rite of Passage

i liked this ep. It was a good janet ep and we don't get many of those. Jack explaining the magnets was great. :D
seeing janbet with the gun was great and i'm defo looking forward to the next ep. :)
the only thing i would have liked more was a bit more about nirrti.

Anni, sometimes I really love you and your soapbox. You have an interesting perspective on the show. And it does affect how I view the show.

Most of the time I don't agree with, but sometimes I do. And you clearly don't hate the show because something keeps drawing you back to keep watching and hoping.

And I'll admit it had something to do with how I wrote my fic illusions. It forced me to think more deeply on the consequences on what I was making them do on the larger scale of the universe.

So keep going on your soapbox and continue to make people think. :smile:

i do agree with you anni, on the cassandra letting nirti go part.
they shouldn't have. they had an eenmy in their grasp and let her go. would the tokra have sprung her? nah. the tokra woulda let cassie die.
to my mind they shoulda dialed up an uninhabitable planet and sent her to her death or delayed a bit, called the tokra and had them waiting to 'capture' her on the other side.
as much as i loved hammy backing janet up, technically he was wrong. they compromised the whole facility.

gotta dash, write more later

well, i won't hop up on a soap box but i did like the epi.
i would like to see more janet epis, the ones shes in are really good. i really liked sam's reaction to cassies boyfriend dominic- and you think father's are overprotective. that was good.;)

Like the episode too, and Jack's reaction when he explains the magnets. That was priceless. :lol: Also it was cool to see the Janet's mother side.

Krystal :p

For the most part I liked this episode. I thought it was nice to see a Janet episode. She is am important part of the SGC and it was nice to see a little bit more of her. She is a strong passionate character with high ideals. I loved the way she handled Cassandra. I didn't care for the way Cassandra acted.

The interactions between Sam and Janet where very good. Loved Sam's reaction to Cassandra's boyfriend as well.

Don't think Nurti's character quite measured up to what it could of. But I liked Janet holding the gun on her and Hammond backing her up. Yes, Janet is military and that is important to her. HOwever she is also a doctor and a mother. As a mother there are somethings that are more important to her than her military career. One of those things would be the life of her daughter. I see no problem with her doing whatever is necessary to save her daughter even if it might mean the ruin of her military career and life.

I think the development of the charcters does add to the show. In fact it is a crucial element to it. It adds meaning to the interactions and the teamwork we see when they are out there facing the unknown. However I also believe that this development could be done with more of the action and menace that we saw in the first two seasons. For the most part I believe that they have done a decent job with the show and I find them quite enjoyable to watch.

In response to Anni, I do not believe that all humans have the honour to follow through on their word. However I believe they should and can easily believe that General Hammond would do just that because he is a man of honour. Although I am sure there are others who would have done as you suggested and not let her go.

All in all I liked it. Especially when Nirti showed up, things got rockin' then. And I'm no shipper, but that moment between Daniel and Janet in the corridor, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

You're right, sky, the fact that Jack's magnet explanation made a certain amount of sense was downright scary. That's two weeks in a row with Jack doing the science stuff!

I haven't seen this ep yet, so can someone clear up the magnet thing?
Thanks,
Raptor

raptor:
they were talking about how cassie could maneuver the chess piece with her mind. jack said it was magnets. the chess set was a travel one so it had tiny little magnets in the base, and since cassie was putting out electro magnetic spikes, waves, whatever, it was a logical conclusion that she was moving the piece because of that fact rather than her telekinesis

yeah, and like sumone said back there, it was scary how sum of it made sense!!!!

loved the eppie. nothing bad to say

ciao
jaxie

5:06 Rite Of Passage

Well I kinda liked this one.
It was good to see Cassy back again and to catch up on what she has been up to.
I liked to see the relationship between Cassy and Sam and also Cassy and the Doc.
Thought Cassy was a little bit of a brat in the begining...but kinda forgive her for it by the end of the show.
Again it was another..we have a gou'ald and we let it go...
But all in all it was an ok episode.
I think it would have been a little better if the orginal actress had played the part of Cassy this time round...but as she was not able to do so...the other made a good job of filling her shoes:D

Ok - there were some aspects I liked about this ep but I ended up being quite disappointed.

As if we are going to let a Goa'uld system lord just walk out of the SGC with all the knowledge they've gained !

That's smart !

There were a few other "nits" as well with various parts of the plot.

Why oh why don't that have TER's setup in the gateroom. The SGC has had so many "unseen" visitors that only the TER's pickup that you would have thought it would have become common practice every time a team comes through the gate.

If I remember from the episode "Show and Tell" where the base was overun with ReeTou they all agreed to get some kind of TER scanner installed for the future. Did it ever happen - nah !

Now you could say that it's takes time to create this type of equipment but I'd say - if they can build an Fully functioning IRIS that quick they can build anything ! :D

I thought of more after watching it but I try and forget them and get on with the next episode. For me it was a 5/10 :eek:

Originally posted by Sphinx
If I remember from the episode "Show and Tell" where the base was overun with ReeTou they all agreed to get some kind of TER scanner installed for the future. Did it ever happen - nah !

Now you could say that it's takes time to create this type of equipment but I'd say - if they can build an Fully functioning IRIS that quick they can build anything ! :D

Yeah I had forgotten about this..they did say they were going to do that.
Its amazing what they 'forget' to put into a story line when they want:D

Originally posted by Sphinx
why don't that have TER's setup in the gateroom.
Just an idea, but might be becos then they'd have to have thne on like 24 / 7 (or near enough) and they might run out of power of something?!

umm, its been a while since i saw this one, but I did quite like it. I agree about the TERs though....

I missed about half of this episode, but Idid see some of it. I really loved the line about Jack pretending he's dumber than he is. But come on, it took a teenager to figure that our when Sam, astrophysicist, Daniel, genius linguist guy, and Teal'c, well, haven't really got anything for him, but they couldn't figure that out!?!?!?!? And the future of the universe is in their hands!!!!!!?!?????!!
I think they just assume he's dumb now. When he talked about magnets on the chess pieces he did make sense, and no one even stopped to consider that, they just assumed that because Jack said it it was totally weird or something. Oh well. I'm waiting for an episode where he'll startle the heck out of them by being so smart, and finally having to show it.
Oh, by the way, what was it last week that he was so scientific in? I missed the episode.

catgirl;) (meow)

I just loved RoP. It was great! Already seen it about 5 times now.

The part about the TER's is right. If they were installed in the gate room Nirti had no chance at all to enter the SGC unnoticed.

But there's something else I would like to point out to you. In 1969 we get to see Cassandra as an old lady. Why is it then that everybody thinks she might die? Or is it just a flaw in the show? They just forgot about 1969.

Anni, I think you are partially right. Not all the way though!

Falcon Horus ;)

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
But there's something else I would like to point out to you. In 1969 we get to see Cassandra as an old lady. Why is it then that everybody thinks she might die? Or is it just a flaw in the show? They just forgot about 1969.
Maybe it could still kind of split into another alternate reality? Like 2010, they kinda changed the past ... ?

Yeah, that could be!! But 2010 wasn't an alternate universe!! It was them 10 years in the future. Anyway, it was just a thought a friend of mine had. It's good to think about it, though!! :)

Falcon Horus ;)

I'm sorry , I really didn't like this ep much. The missing TER really ticked me off, The, oh let's let a G. go to save one little girl where as later on

Spoiler Meridian
oh, Danny's just one person, oh well we can't use all our resources to save him

I did like the Jack one liners. I'd looked forward ot Nirty but was disapointed with her & all in all I don't like Cassie much & never did. I like Anni's usual enlightening soapbox speech. Thanx Anni.