Uniform

Well after watching 'civilisations' i can see archer is headign the kirk way... getting the women... etc...

lol

are we trying to ..........rite as little as possible? lol

this thread is supposed to be about 'Uniforms'

heh

well u started it......................or idd i?

anyway ok bak to uniforms.

tell me wat each colour stands for? like y do some wera red,some wera yellow and some wera ........blue.....i know its the simplets question but i only started watching ST recently. :(

lol

yet................i wait................and nothing from neo.......................:p

hey neo? i know im going off track gaian but the mafia have asked me to try and get u to leave ur alleginace with the big man and join us...............no?lol

Sorry i am sticking with the big man... and i suggest you tell the mafia to be careful as the big man is all powerful and so are his soliders

lol

ok then!

so neo ?u were going to tell me something about the clours?

uniform colours :-

in TOS:
Yellow for command
Blue for Science/medical
Red for Security/Engineering

in TNG onwards:

Red for command
Blue for Science/Medical
Yellow for Security/Engineering

Also,

TOS:
(Horrid) Green - Full Dress functions
with a 'V' neck rather than polo.

post TOS/ and TNG onwards:

Became a completely separate uniform style.

cool

and is this correct that deanna and......kira wear weird outfit which difer from the rest? y is that? lol

yes, Chilly.

Kira is Bajoran military so I guess that is an explanation, but Deanna's costume is plain silly.

No one else in the entire series wears her skin tight 'bunny suit' until Seven of Nine turns up. Seven needs it to support her Borgified body implants, I would guess, but why would Troi wear one. Does she think her patients will be more comfortable?
She supposed to be a trained professional counsellor.

We know the real reason for them, and the Yeoman costumes, but it is a little out of synch with the Federation ideals.

lol

yeh i thought deannas was weird too. i mean its soooooo tight!lol

i thought shed have to wear a starfleet one coz he IS starfleet.

ah well

she always wore different to most of the crew...

lol

she was weird
i saw her in an epi of casualty the other day. she was hardy recognisable without the "over the top" outfit and hairstyle!lol

wesleys uniform was just funny when he was cating officer ensign or wahtever!lol

Collar Pips...

The pips on the collars of the uniforms signify rank.

There are two kinds seen: gold and black.

Black pips >>> Chief only O'Brien has been an example of this.

Gold pips >>> Commisioned officers

one gold pip >>> Ensign

two gold pips and one black pip >>> Lieutenant Junior

two gold pips >>> Full Lieutenant

two gold pips and one black pip >>> Lieutenant Commander

three gold pips >>> Commander

four gold pips >>> Captain

The Maquis members on Voyager who are not Starfleet wear Starfleet uniforms but don't have pips. Instead they have bars with black and gold stripes which sets them aside. The stripes representing the equivalent starfleet rank.

Admirals

A separate system:

Pips are contained within two identical rank bars, one on each collar, with two, three or four pips inside them depending on the Admirals rank, but what these ranks are has not been specified.

lol

way cool!

i didnt know that!

ive been watching voyager for yonks but never noticed how the marquis dont have pips.....lol. ill look out for it now!lol

to pip or not to pip

Yer it was never really mentioned in the series but noticed it...