DS9 Quiz

I guess it's my turn then.

Another literary question I think... in 'Paradise Lost' DS9 we learn that Sisko once served under Admiral Leyton, when Leyton was Captain of the USS Okinawa. Five other officers are mentioned who also served on the Okinawa. These were 'Daneeka', 'McWatt', 'Swonden', 'Orr', and 'Moodus'. At least some of these names are taken from a novel by Joseph Heller. Can you name the novel?

(A long question, but it has also been made into a film, and you will have heard of it even if you never read it.)

CATCH_22
Yeah i know this Yippee
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
I did it so recently.
Oh this is so great i got one. Thank you.

Ok just to double check
Am i right?:rolly2:

and i think its snowden not swonden in the book.

Oh i had the perfect question and now i've forgotten it i may aswell just give you this one then and i bet youanything after i've done it i'll remember the first question again. Oh never mind.

Here it is:

Now in the series Quark falls for one of the waiters and when they go into the gamma quadrant. The waiter comes onto him and he panics but he finds out that she's a female in disguise. Now what is her name? but not just that There was a similar storyline in a comedy series with Rowan Atkinson called black adder in the second series in an episode called Bells but she comes in a few others. What was her real name and her boys name.

So i want the ferengi name and the male and female name of the girl in Blackadder. now with all these clues it should be easy to find.

I'll let someone else answer. I know these because I have the 'Complete Blackadder' scripts book.

But I just wanted to say that that cross-dressing theme is much older than you think. There are supposed to be only five story plots in the whole world -- I've forgotten what the others are -- but the one where boy and girl, or twins are split up and mistaken for each other -- is at least as old as Shakespear -- it is the main plot of "Twelfth Night".

I have the 'Complete Blackadder' scripts book.

I know so do i. i love Baldrics family tree from the primedial soup.

it is the main plot of "Twelfth Night".

Yeah i saw it at the theatre. It was really funny. Although that might have had something to do with the fact that we were sort of making the main star (one guy played both parts) laugh. He was trying to not laugh but you could see the grin on his face. We were in a small studio part there were aboutseven rows and we were right at the top in his eyeline. He was looking right into my eyes as we were all trying not to laugh cos the guy had to have an emotional reunion with himself So we were grinning cos he was grinning and he was grinning cos we were. :laugh2:

Yeah but i need her female name and the ferengi name of the one in DS9 otherwise no go. sorry!!

I'd love to post the answer to this question, cos I know it...but dmalfoy won't let me...cos she told me the answer...:(

Look now we have Bob and Kate now we need the ferengi name. Its the DS9 part of the Q? and no one can get it. ain't that ironic!:rolly2:

Okay - the Ferengi's name was Pel

yes - i cheated - i looked it up -- however - i did know it was the ep "Rules of Acquisition" -- and i knew what happened and remembered seeing it -- just, off the top of my head, i wasn't gonna remember that name -- but - looking it up isn't any more cheating than rewatching the ep --- ;)

Ok since markpud dave and H2 have all answered parts of the Question the first to put them all in one post gets to ask the next Q?

Bob, Kate and Pel.

Next question...

Vedek Bareil, Kira's sometime love interest, who was favoured to succeed Kai Opaka, but lost to Kai Winn, used to be a gardener on Bajor. During this period in his life, what was his greatest ambition?

Originally posted by Dave
We all look up the answers H2, I couldn't remember the name of the episode.

oh - i figured as much - i was just being honest --
my brain's about 1/2 fried, and right now, if it's not Highlander, MacGyver, or Law & Order, i don't remember it --- well, not very well, anyway ---

Mind bogglingly easy question: Just cos i'm that bored.

What ship was Sisko serving on when Jennifer died?