T3: Rise of the Machines (2003)

Kristanna Loken

The Coming Attractions Web site reported that Kristanna Loken, star of the upcoming Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, was training in the Israeli martial art Krav Maga for her role as a female cyborg. Loken was reportedly seen training at Los Angeles' Krav Maga National Training Center.

Krav Maga is the official self-defense system of the Israeli Defense Forces.

It doesn't matter. She is still gonna have her hands full with Arnold! And her role doesn't sound to physically demanding since she can control ANY machine she wants including Arnolds terminator (T-800)! T3ROTM is gonna be AWESOME!

Stahl Wins T3 Lead Role

Nick Stahl (In the Bedroom) will take on the role of an adult John Connor in the upcoming sequel film Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, Variety reported. Stahl, 22, takes over the role originated by Edward Furlong, the trade paper reported. Production is slated to start April 15 in Los Angeles.

Stahl teams up with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Kristanna Loken. Jonathan Mostow will direct the movie. Tedi Sarafian wrote the script, which was rewritten by John Brancato and Michael Ferris.

hey

i hav asimple question
do u think they will honour the termintyaor movies and say the phrase "come with me if u wqant to live"?again?
lol:D

Arnold fans have a picture of Arnold reprising his role in Terminator 3:
http://www.thearnoldfans.com/news.html

http://www.latinoreview.com/moviereviews/2002/setreport/t3.html have an eye-witness report from Machette:

"I live up the street [from the T3 set] and have been down there the last couple days. Seems that there's some kinda animal hospital and equipment rental buildings that are gonna get blown up. I managed to catch a glimpse of the Terminatrix. She's pretty damn hot. She was ripping the door off a light duty truck. She is dressed in this tight, I mean tight-ass brownish leather outfit. Man is she hot! She was also tossing this guy around. The cable work looks pretty cool.

There was a brand new Lexus sitting out front too. What I saw last night was awesome. They had a dummy version of the Terminatrix strapped on the hood of this other type of truck. Like if she just got run over and is trying to get whoever's inside. The pyro guys strapped all kinds of explosives to the truck, as well as a mock propane tank. After tons of prep work, and all kinds of safety checks. The truck ran full tilt into the propane tank, and blew-up! The brand new Lexus went bye-bye. It's ok though, cause the security guy said that they were going to blow up 3 of them, so there's 2 more to blow up! But man, was that scene scary cause the fire went everywhere. It looked like it surrounded the whole camera station where the director was at.

I wasn't able to snap any pics cause all the security guys there were ready to pounce on anyone flashing a camera. Maybe tonight. The security guy said that they were gonna be moving to Downey next week to film on the old Rockwell plant. That's the same plant they filmed Spider-man, y'know, that place where the crewman got killed. Well, wish me luck with the pics."

T3 sounds pretty good, my hubby can't wait to see it. Has bought the first 2 on DVD. Special editions too. Like a kid with a new toy.

annette :D

Stahl Talks T3 Role.

Nick Stahl, who will play an adult John Connor in the upcoming Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, told Entertainment Weekly magazine that he didn't consult Edward Furlong, who originated the role in Terminator 2: Judgment Day, according to a report on Cinescape Online. Furlong was not asked to reprise the role by director Jonathan Mostow.

"I haven't talked to Edward Furlong," Stahl told the magazine. "The fact is, it's been 10 years since the last movie, and people change, so it's like creating a new character. I think audiences love these movies so much they'll give me the benefit of the doubt."

Stahl added, "I auditioned about five times, and there were three screen tests, which is more than I've done for any movie. But the director, Jonathan Mostow, is a pretty thorough guy--probably because everyone knows there's going to be constant comparisons to the first two films. The first time I did a screen test, I had to come to them, go into a room, and sign all these documents before I could even look at it. And they only let me read the first two acts. Don't ask me anything about it, because if I tell you, someone will come to my house and kill me."

Danes In, Bush Out Of T3

Clare Danes has replaced Sophia Bush in a key female role in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines less than a month after production began on the sequel film, Variety reported. Danes takes over as the romantic interest of John Connor, played by Nick Stahl, in the Jonathan Mostow-directed film, which also stars Arnold Schwarzenegger and newcomer Kristanna Loken as the cyborg villain, the trade paper reported. Filming on the 100-day shoot began April 15.

Mostow reportedly felt that newcomer Bush seemed a bit young for the part. Danes is 23. "This was a difficult decision, because Sophia is a talented and charismatic performer," Mostow told Variety. "However, we feel, after reviewing the dailies, that her appearance and manner play younger than what we wanted for the role. We look forward to working with Sophia on future projects."

I also just realised that Kristanna Loken (Terminatrix in T3) was a guest star on 'Star Trek; Voyager', she played Malia in the episode 'Favourite Son'.

Schwarzenegger on his change of heart.

(from SciFi Wire)
Arnold Schwarzenegger, who reprises the role of the T-800 cyborg in the upcoming sequel film Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, said that he feels a lot of responsibility in doing another film in the popular franchise. "It's fun," Schwarznegger told reporters on the Los Angeles-area set of the film. "And it is a big responsibility at the same time, because people expect this movie, obviously, to be as good as, if not better than, the second one and the first one."

This week, Schwarzenegger and co-stars Nick Stahl and Claire Danes were at the Rose Hills cemetery in Whittier, Calif., shooting a scene in which the T-800 retrieves a coffin from a crypt under a hail of gunfire from sheriff's deputies and SWAT officers. Dressed in black leather jacket, leather pants and trademark shades, Schwarzenegger hoisted the black metal coffin on his left shoulder (with the aid of a strategically placed crane), turned and trained what appeared to be a 50 mm tank machine gun on the officers and opened fire with a loud percussion and yellow muzzle flash.

"The good thing about [doing this] is that Hollywood ... and the whole industry is in a mood for making the sequels better than the originals, or making the three-quel better than the sequel," Schwarzenegger said, still bearing makeup that simulated bullet hits to his face, revealing shiny endoskeleton beneath. "In the old days, just 10-20 years ago, they always tried just to do the hit-and-run thing, where they throw a little bit of money at something and said, 'OK, let's make some money out of that,' and then bow out. Now they're thinking of it much differently. So therefore they make it in a quality way. They hire good people, the best in the business in every department and spend the money on it."

As for his much publicized comments that he wouldn't do the sequel unless James Cameron directed, Schwarzenegger said, " changed my mind. And, you know, that's it."

He forget to mention that the money comes in handy too!

Sounds good Dave. From reading that my hubby will definitely want to see it.

annette :D

more news

Mostow Makes T3 His Own

Johnathan Mostow, director of the upcoming Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, told SCI FI Wire that it's daunting stepping into the shoes of James Cameron, the franchise's creator and original director. Does Mostow feel pressured? "It wasn't until now, when you stuck microphones in my face," he joked to reporters during a recent visit to the film's Los Angeles-area location. "Obviously, it's a daunting semi-masochistic effort to step into this director's chair, but no pain, no gain."

Mostow added, "I just don't think about it. What can I do? I worry about things I can control. All I can control is just trying to make the movie as good as I possibly can. I'll leave it to other people to sit there and go, 'Well, it wasn't as good' or 'It was better' or whatever. It's sort of irrelevant. All I'm hoping is that this is a movie that as a story stands up as a companion piece to the other two movies, and that essentially I've done justice to the franchise, and that I've told a good story that people go to and they go, 'You know what? That was a good story. That was an enjoyable two hours spent in a movie theater, and I was engrossed in what it was.'"

Mostow (U-571) spoke during a break in filming in the Rose Hills cemetery in Whittier, Calif. In the scene, Arnold Schwarzenegger reprises his most famous role as the leather-clad cyborg, and he must negotiate a phalanx of sheriff's deputies while removing the coffin of Sarah Connor from a stone-and-stained-glass crypt. Why would Mostow want to take on the venerable series? "I thought that there was a great story to tell, and for me it's about the story," Mostow said. "I think ultimately, at the end of the day, that's why people go to the movies--if there's a compelling story with characters they care about. And the world that Cameron created is one that allows for opportunities in storytelling that you don't usually get. ... It's a decade later, and all the issues that [the main character, John Connor, played by Nick Stahl,] faces as a young adult are totally different than those that he faced as a kid. That's really interesting. Here's this kid that's carried this burden of being this leader in the future. It's very lonely, because nobody else in the world knows about it or believes. Even if he tried to explain to somebody, they'd think he was crazy, and that's a really interesting character."

Though the film is only in its fifth week of production, it has already undergone at least one major cast change--Claire Danes stepped in for Sophia Bush, who left the film after shooting began. "The gamble that I took [with Bush] was that her star quality would compensate for the fact that she probably was too young for the part," Mostow said. "At the end of the day, after looking at a couple days' worth of footage, she was just too young. She's a terrific actress, with great star qualities, and I think she's going to be a major movie star."

Winston Pushes Limits In T3

Special-effects guru Stan Winston told SCI FI Wire that he'll have to top himself with the robots and effects on the upcoming Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. But Winston, who created animatronic dinosaurs for the Jurassic Park movies and cyborg endoskeletons for Terminator 2: Judgment Day, added, "We have twice as much to do in half the time. We have a lot of stuff to do in a compressed period of time, and we're doing it."

"We go into every movie with the idea of what are we going to do differently and beyond anything you've seen with the Terminator, with Arnold?" Winston said in an interview during a break in filming on the Los Angeles-area location of the film, which brings back Arnold Schwarzenegger as the titular cyborg. "You've got to end up knowing that you're going to see Arnold at the end of this movie in a way you've never seen him. You've got to know that there's a new Terminator, everybody knows it. We have the TX, ... the female [Terminator]. What does she look like? She's got to be beyond what you've seen before. ... It can't be a replication of what we did with Robert Patrick and the T-1000 [in T2]. We have to create a new Terminator. Someone that you believe could in fact kick Arnold's ass and in the shell of a very beautiful woman. So that's what we're doing, and that's what we've done."

Winston would not divulge details about the new special effects, which he promised would include actual operating robots. "In Terminator 3, ultimately, [we will have] the most advanced robotic effects and the most advanced digital effects and an advanced blending, and above it all, artistically and creatively, the new Terminators will be beyond what you've seen in the previous movies. That's what we have to do."

Kewl info Dave. Have put the website on my favourites for when its up and running. :D

annette :)

SARAH CONNOR'S CRYPT

The arnold fans site:
http://www.thearnoldfans.com/news/166.htm

has details of filming in the Whittier cemetery: shooting location of T3's crypt heist. There are photos of the plain original "crypt" structure giving an idea of the talent and imagination going into T3.

The stainglass window that Arnie breaks through is actually something they built added on to the original structure. They added extra headstones and moved shrubbery around.

Back