T3: Rise of the Machines (2003)

Wow!

I just got back from the theater and wow! The movie was really really great. Nothing will compare to my experiance at Universal, but it's still really good.
The end kinda surprised me, not quite what I expected, but without going into spoiler territory that's all I can say.
The Terminatrix was pretty kewl, but I liked Robert Patrick's Terminator a whole lot better. But it was kind of interesting to see the bad-guy not a guy for once. I'd have probably picked a different actress tho, but she was good.

Hey, glad you liked T3, I thought it was brilliant too.

Kristanna Loken for me was excellent, she sort of looks right through you, and has a very robotic move about her. I think if it wasn't her it would have been "Famke Janssen" has she was said to be interested in the role.

However as with "Tapestry_03" I feel the T-1000 was a better terminator.

I cant wait for T4.

:D Evolution

Ya know, Famke Janssen would have been good as the Terminatrix. I already don't like her as Jean Grey as it is. But Kristanna Loken did a really good job, she was very believable. I like how she just didn't have a personality whatsoever and never cared who saw her morph or anything.
Is there really going to be a T4, or is it just a hope and dream? Because, eventually Arnold is going to get to old for this. He can't stay buff forever.
(And, in my humble oppinion, the only one seeing him that naked nowadays should be his wife!)

I too loved T3! Wow, what an ending, it totally blew me away (if you'll excuse the pun!). I didn't see THAT coming! I think the rest of the people in the cinema were feeling the same. When the credits came up, everyone just sat in absolute silence in shock, before some people actually started applauding!:cool:

I love the Terminator series! It's cool! I for one can't wait for T4 and really think that it should be made!:cool:

One other thing, I just LOVED the bit at the beginning where we do the usual Future bit with all the HKs flying around and the hundreds of T-800s skulking around. But it REALLY freaked me out when one of them turned and looked directly at me for several seconds!:eek: It thought the thing was going to jump out of the screen at me!:D

I know what you mean, Jwells. It totally reminded me of the ride/show thing at Universal with the 3D head coming out of the screen, starring at you from two inches away. Actually, that scared me half to death the first time. I had taken my 3D-glasses off for a second, had no idea what was going on, when I put 'em back on I almost jumped outta my seat!
Yeah, I like how they all correspond with the future intro. That was a really good idea that they've carried thru-out the whole series.

One thing with the future scenes in all the Terminator movies.

They just keep getting better and better!:D :cool:

I've recently bought the Special Edition DVD of T1. You can see the fact that the HKs and (I've forgotten the tank designation!) are radio-controlled models. You can also see that whenever the live actors are supposed to be near them, they're working in front of a rear-projection screen. But I suppose it was pretty cool when they made it.

In T2, the future bits get better. You see more T-800s and the resistance fighting the machines. But again, you can see that they're models.

But in T3, they are fully-realised CG renderings and are REALLY realistic. I'm talking about all the machines: the HKs, tanks and T-800s. I mean, we've NEVER seen that many of them before! It was SO cool!:cool: :cool: :cool:

I guess that if there is a T4 made, the entire film will be like the future scenes. For that I CAN'T WAIT!!!!:cool: :D :cool: :D

Yeah your so right, the CGI is so much better, but them computers have moved on somewhat from 1984.

I really do hope they make a T4, even if they have to computer generate Arnie.

:D

Yeah, I've been thinking about this. Up until now we've only ever seen glimpses of the future, but now the future is fully realized. There is no possible way that T4 (I believe it will happen!) cannot take place during all of horrible things we've already seen. We're going to see Terminators walking around like they own the place, and John and Kate will be spending their time hiding and fighting. We've only ever heard this and barely seen it; imagine the possibilities now that it is the only thing we would be seeing!

By the by, not to start or spread rumors. I was just looking at upcomingmovies.com to see what they might have to say about T4. Thus far, the only confirmation is that WarnerBros. has the rights to refuse it. Not that that's a good thing, but hey, it is some kind of fact on it :rolly2: Also, the site says that should they decide to make it Claire Danes is contracted. Here's the link, should anyone want to go check it out (so I am not accused of spreading rumors): http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808406215&intl=us

Hey, maybe Jessica Alba could play a Terminatrix in the 4th installment. (Muahahahaha!!!)

Yeah, I think your right T4 has to happen...

A possible maybe for the next Terminatrix could be Vin Diesel, he is very very interested.

:D

Yeah, Vin Deisel would be great. But, um, I think 'Terminatrix' is the feminine form of the word.......

I think I have to agree with everything Seventhswarmi said. This was a Terminator too far!

T2 was really just a remake of Terminator, with better special effects and story refinements. This was just a remake of the end of T2. And a poor remake too, it walked all over the story.

originally posted by Matrixfreak
a nuclear blast emits huge amounts of electromagnetic radiation which would shut down the electrical grids that power the computers that weren't destroyed in the blast.

I agree, they've ruined the story by changing SkyNet from an orbital satellite as originally proposed, into a computer virus like the Sentients in the TV show 'Odyssey 5'.

And the ending that the future is inevitable, the war with machines cannot be prevented, is inconsistent with the Temporal mechanics they have already presented. Either Time is fixed, we all have a fixed predetermined destiny, or it can be changed. It already was shown to be changed once -- CyberDyne systems which designed SkyNet only existed because of the technology from the future left behind when the original Terminator was destroyed. They cannot have it both ways.

I have to disagree with you. Did you see the same film as these guys and me?: http://www.ascifi.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18152

The special effects were better, the new Terminator was more advanced, there were more explosions and more chases, but they ruined the story. And what was with the music?

And you cannot compare the special effects in Terminator to those in T2. T2 had a budget about 40x that of Terminator.

T4 might be interesting though. It could hardly be any worse!

Yeah, Dave, I know there are kinda sucky aspects to the movie, but overall, you gotta admit it was pretty good. But, you gotta realize one thing about me when I say a movie is good, I'm looking at the filming, camera angles, CGI, and special FX of it all. The story line usually registers in my mind after the second viewing, which I've only seen it once.
I never really notice the music until the second time around. Just like the other night when I was watching LOTRTT for the second time, I was sitting in the auditorium and suddenly thought, "Wow! I want this soundtrack!" A lot of things don't register with me, tho, in the theaters.
My only problem with the story line was the ending (so far, gimme some time to watch it again); it all just didn't properly add up to that outcome.
But all in all, I've still gotta say T3 is the best yet when it comes to filming and everything else.

Do you think now that Arnie has become Governor, they will still go ahead with T4. As I said before, they could computer generate him.

I hope they do....we need the T4 film, they can't leave us in mid air!

Oh and please bring back the TX as Kristanna Loken. :D

Maybe they'll just add an alternate ending when they release the DVD. John Conner dies; the world as we know it ends; all humanity is capoot.

Surely I jest!

That would be such a cop out.

Anyway I've seen the list for the special features for the DVD, and an alternate ending is not one of them. yay.

:rolly2: I think they will see sence and make a forth film, or I'll go round and sort them out. :D

I just watched T3 on VHS and really liked it, very intense at times and a terrifying concept...

Looks around to be sure nothing is coming out of her computer :eek: :lol:

Originally posted by Tapestry_03
Yeah, Dave, I know there are kinda sucky aspects to the movie, but overall, you gotta admit it was pretty good. But, you gotta realize one thing about me when I say a movie is good, I'm looking at the filming, camera angles, CGI, and special FX of it all. The story line usually registers in my mind after the second viewing, which I've only seen it once.
I never really notice the music until the second time around.

I've just seen this again, and I now agree with you. I still prefer the story and the ending to T2, because it is more upbeat, but T3 has a more realistic ending. The fact that the end of the world was inevitable, that everything that happened was fated and unstopable; that was much more consistent with 'The Terminator' plot than what happened in T2, where they appeared to be able to change the future. Now we know that they only postponed the inevitable.

I'm not sure about a T4 though, because if the future is inevitable, then we already know what happens:

Connor and Brewster lead the survivors of the Holocaust into a resistance movement. He sends his father back in time to protect his mother from the T-100, then re-engineers a T-100 and sends it back to protect himself as a young boy, then he is killed. Brewster sends back a second T-100 to protect Connor and herself from the TX.

Back