Congrats, JAD

Cool, you guys are more then welcome to come over. :)
Yeah, arifares would proably be even cheaper to Canberra than sydney, since no-one EVER comes here. Plus you wouldn't have to pay for a hotel, you could stay at my house.

I'm getting my Ps in April, even though I could have got them in September when I turned 17, but I was slack and haven't been practising enough. I am hoping to get them In April when we go on school holidays. There's just so much work now that I'm back at school. :(
I hate yr 12. Talk about boring. One more year and them I am free. YAY!!!

How long until you get your L's Marty?

July next year, i get my l's...... we just got a new car too that's wicked to drive !

i've been back at school for 2 weeks now.... it sucks i hate it, i hate doing stuff that's never gonna help me in life

Id be glad to, so are we talking serious because i am, it would be great to hang out with you guys, and if you go to the con, im goin, the car can wait...

i haven't asked yet........ but i don't think my parents would let me go alone.... hmm..... i wonder if cory wants to come..... or i wonder if parents would let me go with my older bro?.....

its worth asking, or maybe your parents could talk with shelbys parents and come to an agreement, and i t would be cool if cory can come as well.

yeah, i dunno how to ask them though -
"Wanna go on a family holiday to sydney.... in say october?" :)

or " mum how would you feel if i went on a holiday to canberra and sydney in october for the stargate convention with some friends"? but i dont want you to come" :)

The truth always worked best with me. Make your plans so they could be cut in stone. PLAN for all contingencies.. then hit the parents with the asking truthfully then whine and beg and plead... but not enough to annoy them.Have the parents talk together... THIS HELPS BELIEVEME!

Originally posted by JAD69
Id be glad to, so are we talking serious because i am, it would be great to hang out with you guys, and if you go to the con, im goin, the car can wait...

I'm serious too. I would be really fun to hang out together and go to the con.
jsc is right about organising everything before we hit the parents though. We need to work out what we would do, how it's all going to happen.
my parent's are pretty nice, so if you do descide to go to sydney via canberra they would have no probs about it. i'm sure they would speak to anyone's parents.

Originally posted by jsc
The truth always worked best with me. Make your plans so they could be cut in stone. PLAN for all contingencies.. then hit the parents with the asking truthfully then whine and beg and plead... but not enough to annoy them.Have the parents talk together... THIS HELPS BELIEVEME!

my parents are usually dumb enough to fal for that :D

LOLLOL!!!

Actually it was the intensive planning that interested my parents...before they said no!

Most of you people are old enough to show how responsible you are. If you get a massive case of I am responsible and do what you are responsible for parents will be impressed. Do the intensive planning and the responsibility thing and the parents will be suitably impressed. If they say call at specific times do it, tell them things like I am going here, will call et cetera. You know what pleases your partents you have lived with them all your lives! Then hit them with your plans about the convention.. Save your money for it. Impress them! any more tips just ask. But get welll layed plans done and keep to them. And it will be great to hear about the next convention you all go to!

yeah, but it's not like im 17 guys.... im only 14, nearly 15 :)

i still havent asked im to scared, cause i know they will say no..... :(

i had another solution, i cant be bothered typing it out again, it is in the BOBWXI in review thread. i think.

hmm... i just read that thread,
i am hoping my bro could take me or something, he MIGHT (if he gets off his lazy arse) have his p's by then.....

before when i was planning to go to BOBW XI we was going top make a family holiday out of it, so it wouldnt be too bad (hesidently speaking)