Sarah Michelle Gellar - Christmas In Washington

stripe

Sovs Favorite Moderator
Its always nice to know that the stars like to help charities

Source: SMGFAN.Com Message Board
Date: 12/1/00

"Christmas in Washington,"

Sarah Michelle Gellar is host of a concert to benefit the Children`s Hospital in Washington D.C. With the Coors, Billy Gilman, Brian McKnight, Jessica Simpson and others.

Other performers and VIP`s scheduled to attend are: President Clinton and his wife Hillary, Eric Clapton, Tom Petty, Dixie Chicks, Bono, LeAnn Rimes, Christina Aguilera, N`sync, Ethel Kennedy, Ted Turner, and Freddie Prinze Jr.

President and Mrs. Clinton and guests will be receiving a special gift from The Longaberger Company this Christmas for Christmas in Washington. Turner Network Television asked Longaberger to provide baskets as gifts for this Very Special Christmas From Washington, DC.

Performers and VIPs who will receive Longaberger baskets include: President and Mrs. Clinton, Eric Clapton, Tom Petty, Dixie Chicks, Bono, LeAnn Rimes, Christina Aguilera, Jessica Simpson, N`Sync, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Ethel Kennedy, Ted Turner and Freddie Prinze Junior.

The week of November 13, Basketmakers were busy creating 85 Small Wash Day Baskets for the event. An Evergreen Plaid(TM) liner, protector, and commemorative brass tag accompany each basket. The baskets will be filled with gifts provided by companies such as Origins, MAC Cosmetics, Godiva Chocolates and the Four Seasons Hotels.

To give each basket a personal touch, a postcard is included for the recipient to sign and send back to the Basketmaker. "I think it would be great if I knew who received my basket," said Basketmaker Allison Hershberger. "It would thrill my son!"

Deserving Basketmakers were nominated and voted upon by fellow co-workers. A total of 85 Basketmakers from the Frazeysburg and Hartville Plants were selected to weave baskets for this distinguished event.

Longaberger has also provided baskets for the Academy Awards, the Primetime Emmy Awards, the NAACP Image Awards and the Joni Mitchell Tribute.

Christmas in Washington will air Sunday, December 17 at 8pm and Tuesday, December 19 at 9 pm on TNT