X-Men (2000)

I'll give it more than padders 3/10, probably a 6/10.

I don't know if I'll see X-Men 2. It's supposed to be better.

If you only can see X-Men 2 or Matrix Reloaded, my recommendation would be Matrix Reloaded.

I just saw it today and it's a 10½/10!

I did enjoy X-Men 2 but not a fan of 'The Matrix' so will watch 'Matrix Reloaded' on DVD when it comes out. :)

I must admit thought Patrick Stewart played a brilliant part in X-Men. Mind you I'm a fan of his anyway. ;)

annette :D

X Men

Well, I finally got around to wathing this film last night. Better late than never, I suppose. ;)

I really enjoyed this film, actually - so it's probably a good job I missed all the hype - which IMO is a great way to set far too high expectations for a film.

Good tight scripting, and some good character humour (not to mention self-parody!) made for a really enjoyable viewing experience.

Classic scene - after Mystique imitates "Wolverine", and Cyclops asks one approaching how he knows it's really him (those who've seen it will know what I mean :) ).

There was some nice strong casting, with Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen (Brits!) making for convincing and powerful - and ultimately, human (!) - figures.

In the end I'm glad I've seen it. Now all I have to do is finally get around to watching the sequel! ;D

Re:X Men

What can I say? I loved this film as well. I've been a fan of the X-men since I was knee high to Xavier's chair. I always felt that they had that extra something... that 3rd dimension lacking in most of the Superheroes. The film, I think, certainly did the comics justice. :)

Check out McKellen in Gods and Monsters...a formidable actor to say the least.

Re:X Men

I never actually read much Marvel - especially when I got sucked into some of DC's mature releases under the Vertigo label (Sandman, Hellblazer, Doom Patrol, etc).

I did, however, at some point get some X-Men re-issues of older storylines. Somehow the more modern comics seemed to be too drowned in "glamour", whereas the re-issues at least had stories where each character had its niche, rather than being rotated around almost disposably.

The only thing I was disappointed with about the film was that Colossus wasn't present. Even though he could easily have been the dumb giant figure in the comics, in the ones I read there always seemed to be a nice vulnerability to the character - especially his protectivity of his sister.

Still, the film did the characters present out well - especially Wolverine, of course, whom the film seemed to particularly focus on.

Re: X Men

this movie is awesome guysI liked each shot in itIt takes me into another world, very creative and makes me think alot at each sceneisnot it great to have such powers...lol

The first 2 are really classic stuff. Not exactly sure if the 3rd is worth watching. I'd have to see it again to make up my mind.

Really i thought the third was the bigest pile of wank i have ever seen! To much messing with the story for my liking! I have jsut seen a trailer for the new film Xmen Origins, the legend of Wolverine, or soemthing. Have to say got a little bit moist at the concept as finally Gambit is coming to the big screen, And he looks amazing! Can't wait to see him and Wolverine going for it!:D

I have watched the first two X-men films several times each and consider them among the best comic book movie adaptations ever made. However, I agree with the majority here about the third one. It did have its moments, including the appearances of many of the minor characters that didn't make it into the first two films. But what they did to the main characters was just unforgiveable. :(

This movie is still a classic, one of the best for me- seeing the intro of wolverine and everything in the beginning is awesome. Loved the feel of it, but the ending was kind of bland.

Re-watched this the other night, and what was really surprising is how young all the actors look! X-Men still feels like a relatively recent film, but it's 23 years old now! Which means all the cast are 23 years younger! :D And 23 years is the difference between 1977 and 2000, which felt much, much longer!

Anyway, it's an alright film, but compared to more recent ones what really struck me is how relatively low-budget this was, yet they managed to do well with what they had and Bryan Singer did a great job in making everything feel bigger than it was.