Wow

I'll be the first to admit that clip shows are not my favorite thing to watch unless there is a point. Politics was okay because they were trying to stress the inherent dangers in Gate travel. Out of Mind was ... well ... not very well done especially and had one of the things I hate most in clip shows ... someone remembering something they couldn't possibly remember because they weren't there.

However they are done for a reason, financial of course and they are generally planned out well in advance. Usually to make it possible to add a little more to the budget of another episode or two. The upcoming episode that MS directs is an example. The budget for this episode outways most of the other episodes so costs have to be cut elsewhere. I would imagine we'll have another clip show this season to make up for it, or we'll find that they are doing a lot more eps that take place on existing sets rather than location sets.

And I'm also :confused: by the comment that Shades of Gray was 80% clip show. I don't think we're watching the same episode. ;)

Cheers,

Like almost everybody here, I also don't like clip episodes.

Originally posted by MythingLink
And I'm also :confused: by the comment that Shades of Gray was 80% clip show. I don't think we're watching the same episode. ;)

I'm with jsc and ML.

Originally posted by jsc
Skydiver,

When did Shades of Grey (Season 3) have flashbacks? Was it the now infamous shower scene?

Yes, I agree, the flashbacks in Divide and Conquer were well handled! Few and a bit different than in the original episode. Tastefully done!

Texane,

Is that the hunky Michael Dorn of the Star Trek series?

Padders,

Have you seen Window of Opportunity yet? Or do I have to yell at you during your backswing?

[Edited by jsc on 10-10-2000 at 10:59 PM]

Yes! Some of the best looking scenery around!

Martouf - to add to your Daniel trivia: he was (perhaps still is) dating the actress playing Sharee in the series.

Texane,
The now infamous shower scene is a joke started by DSD
and kept alive by humor! It refers to the joke in his interview in TV Zone that he thought he would look great in a shower scene. LOLLOL! It is sort of a standing joke ... a very sick one and unimaginably imaginable scene. But it does show some of DSD's rather interesting if disreputable humor. In another Forum we ended up having all the males (SGC) in the shower scene ... not quite what DSD wanted ... including Maybourne and Apophis.

I can refer all of you to one of my clients, who is a psychiatrist . . . he could probably give you a good rate on a group session!

The Queen of the Universe is suggesting that MOI needs the services of a SHRINK in a client role to you, my queen!

Darn! That is a lousy come back, but it is all that I could come up with at the moment.

Martouf - to add to your Daniel trivia: he was (perhaps still is) dating the actress playing Sharee in the series.

I've been informed that MS and VB are no longer a couple. MS is free and clear. ;)

Cheers,

ML, you seem to be very well informed. How do you know that?

Yes, MythingLink, what are your SOURCES? and can I be a fly on the wall the next time you use them? But how can flies ask questions, DARN!

ok i confused people, the shades of grey full of flashbacks was the tng shades of grey, which was in season 2 or something. the stargate shades of grey had none.
and if we get dsd in the shower i demand equal time for the rest of the guys ala tango and cash.
maybe someone's already answered this but according to the gate guide season 4 just wrapped filming so all the eps are now in post preduction(sfx, looping, editing ect)
season 5 should start filming sometime in the new year. i think last year they started around feb or march to meet their june debut date.

Originally posted by MythingLink

I've been informed that MS and VB are no longer a couple. MS is free and clear. ;)

Cheers,
MythingLink, info like that should be posted on all threads - your member count would skyrocket like a space shuttel . . .

well i think this has become a "girly" thread now :) Abydos and Nepi will be here in a second i am sure and happy about mything's post. Nepi, i am just going to have to read your fan fic :)

Don't you just love it when someone says 'according to my sources ...'? ;)

Cheers,

Originally posted by jsc
O.K., MythingLink, who are your sources?

Nice one, jsc. You'd make a great researcher for a law firm! Dig in there! Jab a stick at them! (if being a fly on the wall doesn't work)

Darn, Texane, I am curious, so I poke and jab. Like the idea of uncovering sources. Would love to know who Watergate's Deep Throat is,et cetera. You know, MythingLink, what is your source, more than just my curiosity have we jogged yours too, Texane?

I don't think my sources are nearly as good as MythingLink's on this particular topic - I just happen to read alot and have a varied set of clients. It's amazing what you pick up throughout the course of a day.

Now you have the best receipe for being a spy! Listen and don't talk! Darn and I though the CIA lost that receipe too!

Back