Wow

So Richard Dean Anderson and Michael Greenburg work for Gekko people or are the Gekko people?

RDA and M. Greenburg are Gekko Productions. BTW, I read on another site that Showtime will air Chain Reaction and 2010 on Nov 10th and 17th, which is sweeps week. Then we get reruns again til Jan. I think I read somewhere, RDA said it takes about 7 days to tape each ep.

Well that explains it a lot. I am not surprised that they will do a scene from a future ep if they are there.

Sounds like a very busy schedule. I suppose it is because they try and fit it into a small timetable. I mean if the only make 1 series a year they could take up to 40 weeks to do it but instead take a lot less time - guess that saves a lot of money.

I don't know for sure - just guessing, but I would imagine that the work is year round if you take into consideration that the writer's are probably working before and during the normal hiatus time for the actors. Possibly at the same time, a lot of the pre-production people are also working during that time finding location shots, doing costume designs, set designs, and such so that everything is ready by the time the actors have to stand in front of the cameras again.

Cheers,

They would take like a few months of holidays per year wouldn't they?

I just found out that RDA has a lil' girl!

They are always on hiatus from around the end of October or so until the end of January or so. Give or take a month. <G>

RDA has a daughter named Wylie Quinn Annarose. She's a lovely little girl and completely has her father wrapped around her little finger. <BG> He's taken her skiing with him and basically when he's on hiatus, he spends all his time with her.

Cheers,

if i remember correctly, season 5 won't start filming until early spring. so they're probably already into taping chain reaction/2010, and then really only the producers, writers etc will work getting stuff ready for the next batch of taping. yes, unfortunately us in the us will be on re-runs after next week except for the two in nov until january. though i understand season 4 will end sometime in feb rather than march like it did last year, so once the new eps start in jan they should continue until the finale.

If i remember correctly RDA is married to a woman in her thirties?

Sorry, RDA and Apryl aren't married. Just co-habitating like Kurt and Goldie. <G>

Cheers,

Heh, ok i get ya :)
I have heaps of chat transscripts that tell me little things about them all :) Did you know that Daniel likes to play the Comp. game Quake? (I hate to say it but many years ago i was addicted to Quake more than Stargate, very very bad)

Showtime just announced reruns until January, when Series 5 begins.

It's still Season 4, just the end of it. There are always 22 eps per season. They're just taking their usual break in the middle. ;)

Cheers,

Someone is late - RDA's daughter was born back in 1998.

I had also read that much more of the filming was being done at the base in "Colorado" until they could get ahead of the ball deciding what actual locations they would be at a few weeks ahead of time.

Well you guys are so lucky to get reruns.
They always seem to have a flashback ep in every series and a double eppy in the middle of every series, is this the same with series 4?

Idon't know about either for this season. People said that Chain Reaction and 2010 would Not be parts one and two. But closely linked. So far NO flashbacks! I tolerated for Politics (which was not a fave...but loved the idea behind it)and HATED it in Out of Mind! Hope no flashbacks!

i too hate flashback eps. in fact the worst eps of tng i ever saw was shades of grey which was 80% flashback. of course in reality a flashback episode is usually a sign that the person in charge of finances hasn't done a stellar job and they're sorta short of cash so they save money by filling the eps with stuff they've already bought and paid for. now when they flashback like they did in divide and conquer i really don't mind it so much, true we'd seem most of it...but some of it was new.
has anyone found out for certain if chain reaction/2010 are airing in november or have they been pushed back.
if i've got re-runs for 3 months i'm going to lose it, go wacky, be three fries short of a happy meal!!!!!<G>

Agreed - too many flashback epys. And lately, epys here (Dallas, Texas/Showtime) seem to be out of order . . . a little annoying, and usually a reason to locate the remote control . . .

flashbacks.. arr the curse of tv fans :) I agree about the budget thing although i am guessing it is a planned tactic from the start to save money for either a double episode or the season finalle.

SkyDiver, only 3 fries short .... that is not too bad really :)

I was rereading some of this - RDA hurt his back during time off? I guess if you are the "Gekko people", your contract doesn't quite read like everyone else's. Michael Dorn's contract states he is not permitted to fly his fighter jet during filming.

Skydiver,

When did Shades of Grey (Season 3) have flashbacks? Was it the now infamous shower scene?

Yes, I agree, the flashbacks in Divide and Conquer were well handled! Few and a bit different than in the original episode. Tastefully done!

Texane,

Is that the hunky Michael Dorn of the Star Trek series?

Padders,

Have you seen Window of Opportunity yet? Or do I have to yell at you during your backswing?

[Edited by jsc on 10-10-2000 at 10:59 PM]

Back