Avoid These Movies At All Costs!

oh my god, Cornelius, can you post more details like the director, year it was made etc? this sounds like a film i HAVE to see!

Alysheba said:
Good point Jenna. We all have different tastes in film. What may be someone's bomb may be someone else's blockbuster. Personally, I loved "Romy And Michelle" too. LOLOL. Okay, they were dumb, but I liked it.

my little sis and i LOVE Romy and Michelle! it's so stupid, which makes it so fun. Mira Sorvino especially is genius in it. "would you excuse me? i cut my foot earlier and my shoe is filling up with blood..."

Druids - I had such high hopes for this movie, since it starred Christopher Lambert of Highlander fame, but I believe it was the most horrible movie I have ever seen. Or I guess I should say TRIED to watch. 30 minutes of this was as much as I could take. The acting was so bad it was actually painful to watch. I paid $5.00 for it in a bargain bin at Wal-Mart. That should have told me somthing. I overpayed for it by about $4.99.

WizardofOwls' mention of Christopher Lambert brought a movie to mind I think should be avoided. It's probably been mentioned already but I did not like Highlander II. That was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

95% of all sequels are bad. For example:
  • First three chapters of Star Wars - terrible acting, goofy dumbass characters - Jar Jar Binks? - predictable and a waste of money and hours off my life
  • Highlander 2+, Back to the Future 2+, Rocky 3+, just about ANY horror sequel (I'm thinking Freddy, Jason Halloween, etc), Matrix 2 and 3, etc, etc. ad infinitum, ad nauseum.
  • Comedy sequels too - Ace Ventura, Hot Shots, American Pie, Porkys, Vacation, etc.
And I would also add just about anything by Quentin Tarantino (although I did like Kill Bill) - overdramatic, overdone, overkill - Reservoir Dogs was probably the dumbest movie I've seen in a long time.

And for those of you who said you didn't like The Matrix or Titanic....wtf?
-g-

I like most of Quentin Tarantino's directed movies...and in a contradictory vein find the man very annoying and too full of himself. On the other hand, I thought Titanic and the Matrix sequels were total yawnfests...which means that hedgeknight and I probably shoudn't get together to watch movies ;)

I thought Titanic and the Matrix sequels were total yawnfests...which means that hedgeknight and I probably shoudn't get together to watch movies ;)

Well, I liked The Matrix but detested Titanic so maybe I could sit in the middle:D

Foxbat said:
Well, I liked The Matrix but detested Titanic so maybe I could sit in the middle:D

Stop copying my brain, Foxbat. It is rude.

The Matrix was great the second film was ok the third sucked big time titanic utter rot back to the future followups where ok highlander 2 and 3 very disapointing quentin tarrintino movies are great loved the original direction of them. I don't know if this was mentioned before but the worst film I've ever seen has to be Rosemary's Baby. The "scariest film of all time" I think not it nearly killed me with boredom. Also on the subject of sequals What about Aliens and Army of Darkness (cheesy I know)

How can you folks say Titanic was a yawnfest? That just blows my mind. Not enough action for you MTV/ADHD kids? :)
-g-

Titanic is just poor.

And long.

Titanic is just poor and long.

cornelius said:
"the warrior" don't know why I rented it, but it sucked. the title was totally misplaced, it should have been " old man coughs while son thinks of maybe becoming a soldier"

Ought to say here that this is different from the Asian/British film "The Warrior" directed by Asif Kapadia. Which was rather good.

hedgeknight said:
How can you folks say Titanic was a yawnfest? That just blows my mind. Not enough action for you MTV/ADHD kids? :)
-g-
Not that, but totally flat characters enacting a romance that's so devoid of feeling it bores the hell out of me...and an annoying old bat whose obnoxiousness and low opinion of the next generation becomes so obvious with her "no, we didn't do it" statement.

ravenus said:
Not that, but totally flat characters enacting a romance that's so devoid of feeling it bores the hell out of me...and an annoying old bat whose obnoxiousness and low opinion of the next generation becomes so obvious with her "no, we didn't do it" statement.

Really? :eek:
So, what WOULD be a movie where characters enact a romance that is not "so devoid of feeling it bores the hell out of" you?
Padme' and Anakin (Attack of the Clones)?
Norman and Ethel Thayer (On Golden Pond)?
Jim and Michelle (American Wedding)?
Frodo and Sam :)eek::p:rolleyes:)?
Or any of the Kevin Costner, Sandra Bullock, Bennifer movies?

No really - inquiring minds want to know.
-g-

There is no reason to get so cross. Titanic is just crap. :D

'On Golden Pond' does movingly portray a relationship.
Frodo and Sam in the 1st LOR film did, in all honesty, almost get me a bit choked up, but that was not a romance really as far as I could feel.

I was saying to someone on another thread that I am planning to go to and see 'Brokeback Mountain', except I'm not sure that I should because I'd probably cry. I cried in 'E.T.' and 'Ordinary People' and if I weep much more I'll lose my macho appeal.

There are moving films in the world, hedgeknight, Titanic just should not be mentioned anywhere near them.

GrownUp said:
There is no reason to get so cross. Titanic is just crap. :D

'On Golden Pond' does movingly portray a relationship.
Frodo and Sam in the 1st LOR film did, in all honesty, almost get me a bit choked up, but that was not a romance really as far as I could feel.

I was saying to someone on another thread that I am planning to go to and see 'Brokeback Mountain', except I'm not sure that I should because I'd probably cry. I cried in 'E.T.' and 'Ordinary People' and if I weep much more I'll lose my macho appeal.

There are moving films in the world, hedgeknight, Titanic just should not be mentioned anywhere near them.
Chill out, brother - I'm not cross or angry or even irritated. Just curious as to why Titanic is a "crap" movie. And I was being flippant and mean about Frodo and Sam. Haven't you heard of the "gay hobbit" rumors? :rolleyes:
Speaking of moving films - how about the bathroom scene in Dumb and Dumber? I nearly $#!+ myself laughing! :D :eek: :D
-g-

Any film that has Steven Seagal or Jean Claude Van Damn I'm crap should be avoided at all costs.

Ghosts on mars was probably the best crappest film i have ever seen.

Alexander, Kingdom of heaven and Dungeons and Dragons i didnt even bother to finish watching.

Star wars 3 sucked big time

Any daytime movie on channel 5?

Add "The Brothers Grimm" to my list... Eventhough I saw the warnings here, I had the misfortune of watching it the other day with some friends. I was in the minority. I tried to warn them. Although I must admit in taking a little bit of joy in their complaints about it. At least they can't blame me for picking it this time.