Twitter’s replacement

So much to complain about regarding X but I can't do that here (the biggest injustice being when he quite suddenly revoked third-party access to dedicated platform APIs and thousands of small businesses relying on them couldn't afford to continue - even some willing to pay him $42,000 a month!)

I only wanted to point out that there are already "Lists". Very few people ever seemed to use Twitter Lists, but if you create your own private Lists with only the people you want to see included, and then only look at those, you won't see any adverts either (of course, I've no doubt this loophole will be closed at some point, if Lists themselves don't get removed entirely.)

Rather than move to Threads, Blue Sky, Mastodon or anything else, I think it's time to step back a little. There is still much on X that you see before the mainstream news catches up, and often more nuanced detail, but there is also much unsubstantiated gossip and outright lying, with far poorer moderation. It's a really just a sewer now.
I, too, rely heavily on lists. But my tolerance (or should I say lack there of) is fast reaching critical stage. BlueSky is good but not great for those of us who follow journalists.
I also have a few BlueSky codes should anyone want one.