Sir Terence David John Pratchett

Pyan

Excelsior!
Staff member
Supporter
images

Terry Pratchett would have been 75 today. Taken far too early, sadly missed.​

I started my third reading of Nightwatch this morning.

All the little angels

And on a personal note, I first found this place while searching online for a TP forum. Here again is my first ever post:

I feel that all of the previous Discworld novels are leading up to this story. In my opinion it's the greatest story that he ever wrote.

Just noticed this on Wikipedia. pterry was always one for the grand - self-deprecating - gesture.

"Pratchett's daughter, the writer Rhianna Pratchett, is the custodian of the Discworld franchise. She said she had no plans to publish her father's unfinished work or continue the Discworld series. - - -Pratchett told Neil Gaiman that anything that he had been working on at the time of his death should be destroyed by a steamroller. On 25 August 2017, Wilkins fulfilled this wish by crushing Pratchett's hard drive under a steamroller at the Great Dorset Steam Fair.

Just re-starting this thread. I thought that it was time.
If you want to do something concrete in pterry's memory, in addition to pushing his books and perspectives, don't forget the Orangutan Foundation International. He was a big time supporter and advocate.
orangutan.org LINK
images

I don't believe that I have posted this here previously.
When I first saw this it almost made me cry.

2a9.jpg

I should give credit to the artist, Jeff Sorley. He posted it on Facebook - and said it was okay to share.