Scrivener and Linux

M. Robert Gibson

is
Supporter
As you may or may not know, Scrivener do not release a version for Linux operating systems. Several years ago they did release a beta-version, but it was discontinued.
I have tried other writing software for Linux, like Plume Creator and Manuskript, but these are also just beta versions and contain bugs, and just don't seem as complete as Scrivener claims to be.

So I've always felt I'm missing out by not using Scrivener

Until today, when I found this

I've downloaded and installed it.

I'm working my way through the interactive tutorial, which apparently takes hours to complete.

So far so good.

I just thought I'd post this in case there are any other Linux based writers out there.

It also functions perfectly through Wine if you have a licence for the current versions.

There's PlayonLinux that will install it on your Linux system with a few clicks to make that process easier.

So... yay?

I got it working using Lutris. I'm still trying to figure out how to get registration working so I may only have it working for the next 30 days :D

I'm ok with Manuskript so I might just end up transferring the project from Scrivener to Manuskript now that I've gotten Scrivener working. Depends on if I can get it working on the laptop too or not (kbuntu on the lappy vs Mint on the desktop)