Favourite fictional character

I still happen to love Emperor Cusco!! :D

Disney's The Emperor's New Groove Rocks!! :cool:

He is so much funnier as a lama though!!:D LOL!!

(The kitchen scene is the BEST!!) :cool: :D

Are you screaming, Sage? Your extensive use of exclamation marks indicate so. 'Tis giving me quite a headache.. :rolleyes:

No, she's sqeauling....

Yossarion is great, Peter... just so funny. And C J Cherryh's Tristen... far less famous, but so sweet.

Isn't it Major (his position) Major (his first name) Major (his middlename) Major (his last name)? Not sure. He's hilarious, just hilarious. The ending though- don't you find that a bit, well, depressing? I mean, almost everyone dies. The thing about the soldier who saw everything twice, though... that just cracked me up.

Major Major Major Major.

The end is very sad. True. The whole book is very sad but filled with dark humour. What was the name of the character who kept crashing his plane on purpose, and who eventually rowed to Sweden? He was great.

Cyrano De bergerac- he was completely Larger than life, but also flawed.anyone can relate with him, yet he can fight 30 warriors alone. even in the end he fought on with sword and razor sharp wit.

Marvin the Martian - from the old Warner Bros Cartoons, nuff said

Belgarath the Sorceror - from The Belgariad (and others) proof that a truly great heroic character does not have to be the sharpest knife in the drawer

Gray Mouser - Fritz Lieber's immortal rogue/wizard

Mrs. Weasley - Ron Weasley's mother in the Harry Potter series, screw June Cleaver and Mrs. Brady. I want her for a mother.

Sherlock Holmes

Cara - Mord Sith bodyguard to Lord Rahl in the Sword of Truth series

The Fool / Lord Golden - possibly the single most interesting character, so many unanswered questions and multiple personalities

Seregil - from Lynn Flewelling's Nightrunner series, another classsy rogue

crookedmouth - if you haven't yet, catch the French film entitled Cyrano De Bergerac (10-20ish years old now?). I caught the English subtitled version (for extra credit in a second semester French class back in the day) and it was sheer poetry through the whole movie. I've never seen a movie to match it (poetry-wise). Beautifully done.

Tyrion Lannister - From Geroge RR Martin's current classic A Song Of Ice and Fire

Paran Ganoes and Sgt. Whiskeyjack - From Erikson's Malazan series.

Prince Sanglant - From Kate Eliott's Crown Of Stars series.

Gollum - From LOTR by the master himself.

All I can think of roght now...:D :D

John Yossarian. One of the funniest books I've ever read and oh so much truth to it.

Oops, looks like he's been brought up already, Charlie Gordon from Flowers for Algernon is a great character as well.

dwndrgn said:
I have too many to count...

Any Fictional character? Movie or Book? I have too many to count too. But, I have one I loved in both. The Silician, Vizzini in The Princess Bride by William Goldman & S. Morgenstern. :D