Discussion- September 100 Word Anonymous Challenge

Great theme Ashleyne, very exciting.

Let me be the first to post an implausible obfuscation, about how I might enter this month, or maybe I already have, or maybe I don't have time to post and am really dissapointed as it is such a great theme and broad genre.

Great stuff, Ashleyne. No obfuscation here--I shall enter, at some point before the deadline!! :) CC

We have our first victim....I mean entry. Go check it out!!!!!

Yes it is...but wait!! Now for a limited time only, you can get two stories for the price of one!

I've added another for your viewing pleasure

The sun is just rising out here in western Canada and we have two new stories posted! Keep them coming

Great stories so far! Quite a diversified lot. I have a favorite amongst these, but I'll keep quiet. Looking forward to more tales! CC

We have six awesome entries so far! Don't forget to get yours in, and become part of history...when we break all 100 word challenge entry numbers this month!!!

Reactions: Vaz
We are up to 8 wonderful stories...and a very quiet discussion thread.

So here is a joke that everyone can groan at

The past, present, and future walked into a bar. It was tense.

Easy Rat,

Nice place you got here. Be a shame if something were to get broken...

*Knocks over plant pot, more through clumsiness than aggression.*

Ah, nurse. Good. You've arrived. The natives were starting to get restless, what?

:confused:

Okay, Ratsy, that was groan worthy, as is this. What does a ten foot parrot say? "Polly want a cracker. F*&$#^% NOW!"

Oh, before I forget. Mods, please take DG Jones into custody and throw him into the deepest, dankest cell in the Chrons castle of doom. Bloody home-wrecking troublemaker. :sneaky:

Really brilliant entries all round! This is going to be a great month, I can tell :)

Really enjoying the entries! Obsession is a great theme. Hopefully we'll see a bunch of stories posted this weekend!

Okay, another joke...I made this one up about 40 years ago; I had never heard it before then, and I haven't heard it since, so I think/hope this is my one original question-and-answer type joke...this--sadly--is my legacy in humor.

What do you call it when a ghost scares you again?
Déjà boo!

Hah-hah...*sigh*....

A horse attempts to walk into a nightclub,

The bouncer stops him and says.

Ey! Ya not comin' in 'ere with those shoes on!

:D

"Carillons a Musique" -- A fresh new look at an ancient myth, with a devastating ending left to the reader's imagination.

"Collateral Damage" -- This tale of revenge taken to extremes shows us that emotions can render us blind to the consequences of our actions.

"When Hopes Die" -- A touch of backwoods humor livens this modern tall tale.

"Perspectives" -- This sensitive story of the deepest human emotions is sure to touch the reader.

"We Think, Therefore We Am" -- A modern fable, reminiscent of "The Sorcerer's Apprentice," warns us of our dependence on technology.

"I Love You" -- In this madcap allegory of romantic love we find out that not all emotions can be explained rationally.

"A Fascinating Turn of Events" -- With wry wit, this clever story takes a new look at a classic character.

"The Letter of the Law" -- This intriguing account of one person's struggle leads to an unexpected analogy.

Back