Kraxon Magazine fifth special submission window

Glitch

Supporter
Kraxon Magazine special submission window

This is the fifth special submission window for 2015.
•Genre - Science Fiction
•Theme - Time Travel
•Word count - 1,500
•Payment - £45
•Publication date - 21st October 2015
•Submission Window - 2nd August 2015 to 20th August 2015
All details on the submissions page

The General Submission window is also still open.

Any questions?

Hmm. I've had an idea along these lines for a while. Might try writing that up.

I like the sounds of this one. I'll try to write something up.

I'm hoping the Back to the Future link might generate some inspiration :)

Going into the second half of the year I'm also after general submission of 1k. If you have a science fiction or fantasy story of around this length then you can send to shorts.sub at kraxonpublishing.co.uk

Payment for published general submissions is £30. Plus these stories are eligible for the Story of the Year Award. A reader decided vote with a £100 prize to the winning author.

I have a story done up, just have to sit on it and go back to see if I still like it.

Reactions: Vaz
I also have my story done and dusted, but don't think it would be accepted because of the language used?

It deals with civil rights in the deep south of America in the 60's. I don't know if the language would be acceptable for publishing?
If not ill try edit it out and water it down to make it more user friendly. I would hate to offend anyone with my writing.

I'm sure Glitch will clarify, but I think 'family friendly' is the guideline. Historical accuracy may mean some terms are permissible that otherwise wouldn't be.

Originally, Zodiac Eclipse was going to have a lot more serious swearing and graphic violence, but I toned it down dramatically.

Ah thank you Thaddeus :)
Yeah I just wanted to be sure. With the magazine being family friendly I may need a fresh idea...

Cheers.

The 'family friendly' guideline is to ensure stories appeal to the widest possible audience.

Some leeway can be given for historical accuracy. However if a word or phrase can still give offence or is obscene then it could still be turned down.

Where such content appears in a book we would devote time to research and market accordingly. The magazine has a lot of repeat readership and people may begin reading a story without being aware of offensive or obscene content.

You can submit more than one story in a submission window. None are read until after the window is closed, therefore I wouldn't be able to give feedback on a particular story in order for you to make changes to re-submit. Chosen stories are edited before being published. If the particular story is strong enough it could be chosen and editorial changes suggested.

Thank you for the response Glitch.

With the magazine having a wide ranged audience and being family friendly I think its best for me to write something new. As my protagonist, a time travelling detective going back to Mississippi and trying to solve a Klan Murder I think my original story would come across too obscene in regards to the language used and also the violence.
Its no problem. My own fault really I do tend to write rather dark stories.

Cheers - Vaz :)

Hey Glitch. Just to be clear. For this sub are you looking for around 1500 words. Would 1000 suffice? You mentioned that you were looking for that size in the second half of the year. That's now, right? o_O

There are currently two submission windows open.

The time travel submission window is for 1500 words and closes end of August 20th.

The general submission window is for 1000 words and is ongoing.

About half an hour left for anyone who still wants to submit for the special time travel window.

Whew, made it with minutes to spare. :D

Although the site page did say it was closed already. Eek!

I'm sure you could have just time traveled to make the window if you missed it...

TDZ, I'm so glad you made it! It's my mission to get you doing more submissions after all.

I'm sure you could have just time traveled to make the window if you missed it...

TDZ, I'm so glad you made it! It's my mission to get you doing more submissions after all.

And yet you went on vacation this week and deprived me of your reading services. :rolleyes: Looks more than a little suspicious to me.