Doctor Who film in development

I am not sure what to think about this. Mind you, the article goes off topic pretty badly. So clearly they don't know what to think either.

I heard that Moffatt and his team were dead against it, feeling that if it flops it would damage the show's reputation.

I heard that Moffatt and his team were dead against it, feeling that if it flops it would damage the show's reputation.

I think there is also an issue that the Who production team want to maintain all editorial control etc over how Who is presented to the world, and don't want BBC Worldwide handing such over to some Holywood producer to crap all over.

They are quite right, the horror of the 1996 Telemovie is still write large in minds.

Any Who Movie should at the least be overseen by the Cardiff team to ensure it fits in. At the end of the day, if you have a large budget cinema series that is showing an entirely different Dr Who to the television series it is going to cause a lot of confusion, and they will end up damaging each other. Look at the total overkill going on with Marvel, though at least they seem to be keeping each franchise within the same contuinity and referencing the events, so Tony Stark in Iron Man 3 has panic attacks over the events of Avengers Assemble etc.

As people always say, History always repeats itself if we forget it. And the last time we had a Hollywood producer making Who it was awful, and more importantly, totally bombed amongst the non fan viewers as well as the fans.