GRRM confirms that fans have guessed ending!

I have to agree with the theory that the Others will end up being the "good guys". I think Jon Snow will be resurrected one way or another and eventually become the champion of the Others, seize control of their army and lead the epic fight against Dany and her dragons. I think the Wall is housing an ice dragon and Bran will warg to help Jon and the Other army. I think there has been a secret alliance between the Starks and the Others all along. Brandon the builder most likely built the wall to hold the dragon, not to keep the others from coming south. Why else would the nights king run the nights watch for 13 years with the nights queen from a fort south of the wall? The books keep referring to the Starks as the Kings of Winter, and I believe most of the white walkers are Stark descendants.

This basically means Rhollor is the god of darkness and Dany his champion who will lead the destruction and impending doom of westeros. Jon and the Starks will win, hence Dany's vision of snow falling in the iron throne room.

Theres your bittersweet ending.

Interesting stuff. Looks like you agree with about half of my theory but not the other half about Ice and Fire vs. Men. So you think Ice will defeat Fire? But what about the rest of Westeros? How do Men fit in?

I think Dany is being setup as Azor Ahai who is Rhollor's champion. With Rhollor being the god of destruction and death, it makes sense that she is the champion who will lead her army to conquer Westeros and leave a wake of destruction. She is already wrecking havoc and many have died because of her. She will soon command Vic's fleet, a united khalasar of screamers up to 100k in size, and have Tyrion, Moqorro and Marwyn the Mage influencing her. That crew will crush anything in their paths, and they all appear to be characters set on revenge, power and destruction that won't stop at anything to get what they want. I also can't ignore the parallel between Melisandre/Stannis burning people alive and the Mad King burning people to be a hint that connects Targaryens to Rhollor.

The reason I think Ice will win, is because the books started with the Starks and they will be the ones who ultimately save Westeros from the Targaryens and destruction, who represent Fire and Blood.

As far as how men will fit in, I don't necessarily think the CotF or Bloodraven support or do not support men. I think its a matter of what kind of men they will support and are more opposed to Rhollor and his influence on men.

I think the Starks will begin to rule the north as the kings of winter once again. The white walkers will head back North or possibly back into the Winterfell crypts to rest in peace(this would mean they are the old Stark Kings of Winter) until they are needed to bring balance to the world of men.

Men will rebuild their Westerosi world with whatever is left. Who will be the leader of the new world and six kingdoms(minus the North who will rule themselves)? I have a few guesses for this that deserve another thread....I believe either Jamie Lannister, Gendry, or Shireen.

Last edited:
Has anyone checked out the doran martell master plan, while i think it is abit of a huge side plot, a lot of it made more sense than i had expected and makes a feast for crows much more relevant.

Has anyone checked out the doran martell master plan, while i think it is abit of a huge side plot, a lot of it made more sense than i had expected and makes a feast for crows much more relevant.

I've seen the vids on youtube awhile back. They make alot of sense, and definitely make me want to re-read AFFC. I think we will see the Martell master plan take full steam in the next book. I personally feel Dorne will partner with Aegon and take the iron throne, only to be eventually crushed by Dany's army.

If you go with the theory that, george rr martin doesn't write anything as filler, which is supposedly the case.

the doran martell master plan looks good, all the details on the brave companions, changing side etc and others, would fit.

and if you add that there was originally going to be a ten year gap, between book 3 and book 4, Grrm had to kind of invent another story within the bigger plot.

Those are some really cool videos. I especially liked the first one that details how the bloody mummer are actually in the hire of the Martells, Makes alot of sense.

the sad thing is, I don't think we will ever get to know how much of this theory is spot on, and how much is wrong.

still... really cool

Thread necromancer strikes again!

I was going to start a new thread, but this seems the right place here.

I think we are looking at a battle between balance and imbalance. Use of magic creates imbalance and the future of the world looks to me to be either destruction at the hands of two opposing forces of magic (ice and fire, shadow and light) who have become so mighty their conflict will destroy the world. Or salvation through the complete and permanent nullification of aforementioned opposing forces of magic.

I believe that the forces of magic are represented in two ways. Firstly, Dragons. Beasts of raw elemental magic which have taken corporeal form. I am now utterly convinced of Ice Dragons and I think they will appear at the end of the penultimate book. Secondly, anthropomorphic elemental beings ie The Others. In TWOIAF there is a theory mentioned (but discounted by the 'author') that the Vayrians were taught their arts and given dragons by a people far more ancient who subsequently disappeared. What if these were anthropomorphic fire elementals? And the Valyrians were their half human children? Hence the need, through inbreeding, to keep the blood as pure as possible. And also the reason why this inbreeding appears to have no negative impact on their very limited gene pool.

This brings me quite nicely to The Nights King and the men of The North. I believe this was an instigated response by The Others to their Fire enemies creating the Valyrians: the creation of a similar race of Ice people. (Hence why, looking at the Stark genealogy, only Cregan Stark took a Southern bride and that marriage bore no fruit ie The Northmen would only marry amongst themselves to keep the blood as pure as possible. But since The Nights King and his bride were defeated they were unable to instruct their legacy in icy magical arts, and perhaps this overthrow is also why the blood of the Others is more diluted than the Valyrian blood: they knew to keep their blood pure but thought it applied to The North.)

I think that The Long Night was a victory, but not total, for Fire. The First Hero was a champion of Fire and Light (the first Dayne wielding the sword Dawn?) and I think Dany is the Fire champion for this war. And I believe that a champion of Ice will be revealed (Ramsey Snow? Bran?) But this time the Fire and Ice Champions must face a champion of balance. Jon Snow.

The ******* of Winterfell is a union between the powers of Ice and Fire and I think it is somehow his ability to end the destructive magical powers and dispel them for good. This will mean his death however. Long live Rickon Stark, King of Winter.

@Dornish Master Plan, he lost me completely when he suggested Quentin was still alive. Now ay that dunce managed to steal a dragon.

Narkalui I like your ideas. There were some very entertaining and interesting ideas early in the thread but yours sounds a bit more plausible IF the ice vs fire is a real theme. Though where would's side of balance fit in if he is not fighting on the side of the Starks (part of Ice)?
Somehow Ice vs Fire seems too simplistic. The series is more underhand than that. Where would the likes of the Tyrells and Lannisters come in this fight? Or they will already be disposed of?

No they won't be disposed of, they're just a side show. But by the end they will probably be on Danearys' side. Well the Tyrells will at least. Tommen and Myrcella will already be dead and Cersei will be in the grip of insanity when Dany kills her. Jaime will be (I think) awol or at the wall in black by this point and the rest of the Lannisters will have to submit to Tyrion or die.

I secretly hope he means my theory... A+L=J.

Okay, it's not really a secret...

At times, I wish Boaz is the one right and the rest of us all wrong. It would make it more hilarious than anything.

somehow I feel like if Boaz is right, the person who will be the most surprised will be Boaz.

I think the most shocking revelation for Jon's parents would be N+W=J (Ned + Wylla)

meh, we all know it was me who spouted out the correct answer without anyone (including me) even knowing it. I'll leave it to you all to google through all my drivel, analyse it, and be amazed.

I've seen the vids on youtube awhile back. They make alot of sense, and definitely make me want to re-read AFFC. I think we will see the Martell master plan take full steam in the next book. I personally feel Dorne will partner with Aegon and take the iron throne, only to be eventually crushed by Dany's army.

Dangit man, I only just get back here and there's this waiting for me. I've spent hours watching those videos. I'm so tired.

The thing that has me puzzled in all of this is what Arya is actually going to do. I have stated multiple times that I loathe her chapters and Sansa's as they bore me to tears to read. After watching the show so far this season I am starting to wonder exactly what her becoming a Faceless Man will accomplish. Who is she going to assassinate that is so important to the storyline that he has to use several books to setup her going there and training?

What is really going to piss everyone off is if she is the one that kills Daenerys at the end and becomes her through the magic of the faceless men.

Who is she going to assassinate that is so important to the storyline that he has to use several books to setup her going there and training?
One (or more) of her family members that we've grown to like and whose death(s) will spoil any chance of an ending we'd prefer?

In this scenario, all those chapters -- which some of us really like -- are GRRM's attempt to get the mitigating circumstances fixed in our minds.