• Euron Greyjoy

• Illyrio Mopatis

• Ramsay Bolton

• Roose Bolton

• Other [please specify in comments]

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Imp

Whom would you pick, and why?

For me it's very close between Varys and Jaqan, but I think in the end I would have to go with Varys because of the moves he made at the end of Dance. I would really love to know what his endgame is, but I think it would be even more interesting to know his motivations and his real backstory.

What do you all think?

Varys. Bloodraven. Jaqen or Kindly Man. Howland Reed. In that order because each of them has the broadest perspective on various games being played and events taking place.

Varys undoubtedly knows the most and has the broadest perspective on the intrigues around Iron Throne. Furthermore, he is rubbing shoulders with all the important pieces and it would be interesting to find out just how much he knows. Additionally, he intrigues me and it is neigh impossible to tell when he is being honest and when he is lying through his teeth so a POV chapter would be a nice way to know he is being truthful.

Bloodraven for the lore of North. Jaqen or Kindly Man to finally figure out what is the deal with Faceless Men. Howland for Tower of Joy.

The first people that came to mind when I saw this thread were Littlefinger and Varys, then I put some thought into it. Benjen(If he's actually alive), The High Sparrow, Howland Reed, Pyat Pree, Thoros, and The Blackfish all had potential as well. In the end the one character I would ask for would be Quaithe. Probably the most mysterious character in the series.

All the other characters I've mentioned,with the exception of Howland Reed, we've interacted with.

We know about the Baelish families rise to nobility, and of Littlefinger's childhood, his obsession with Cat,he's two faced, manipulative etc. We may not know his endgame, but we certainly know a lot about him.

We know Varys' alleged history, personality, some of his abilities(Master of Disguise) and get to see some of the plots he is involved with.

We know Thoros' story, how he lost his faith, then preformed a miracle. We've seen some of the fallout from that.

The sparrow is a fanatic with an army, we don't really need more than that...mind you he could be Howland Reed, But that's another thread entirely. I also just realized the lack of King's Landing POVs currently...Is it really just Cersei now?

Brynden Blackfish is someone we've seen many times. We know his history, his personality, that he's kind of a badass. We may not know his current whereabouts or actions, but we know he will return at some point.

GRRM has outright said we would meet Howland Reed at some point, I'm willing to be patient. Benjen could be dead, can't risk wasting a request. If Pyat Pree is one of Victarion's captive warlocks, then we already have a POV close enough to give us some insight.

Quaithe. We've interacted with her, yet know literally nothing about her. We know Name, Gender, Description. She was an emissary of Qarth, but "of the Shadow" implies Asshai. Is that where she is originally from? Or did she travel to Asshai from somewhere else first. Is she a shadowbinder, or does she just have an active glass candle, or is it a combination of the two? Why does she try to,albeit cryptically, help Dany? Is she still in Qarth, or did she just show up there to meet Dany? She seems to have access to information, how is she obtaining it? Glass Candle? Divination? Spy network? something similar to Bran's Wierwood net? Who is she really, and what is she capable of? What are her motivations? What is her part in the song? Is she working independently, or is she part of a group? So many questions, so few answers. We get some cryptic prophecy, and that's it.

Varys and Littlefinger are major political drivers, so it could be interesting to get some form of insight from these as to their aims, ambitions, and what else they have in the works. I doubt GRRM would be so kind. :)

I know this seems like a purposefully silly answer, but I'd like to see a Hodor chapter. Is he really as simple as he appears? What's his opinion of bran warging into him? What does hodor even mean?

This is also against the grain, but I actually don't want a Varys or Littlefinger chapter. It's fun to try and second guess what they're trying to accomplish, and if we had, for example, a scene where Littlefinger is plotting to kill Cersei by means of a party, Moon Boy and a poisoned custard pie it would take away from the surprise when he did it.

I know this seems like a purposefully silly answer, but I'd like to see a Hodor chapter. Is he really as simple as he appears? What's his opinion of bran warging into him? What does hodor even mean?

This is also against the grain, but I actually don't want a Varys or Littlefinger chapter. It's fun to try and second guess what they're trying to accomplish, and if we had, for example, a scene where Littlefinger is plotting to kill Cersei by means of a party, Moon Boy and a poisoned custard pie it would take away from the surprise when he did it.
Asking for a Hodor chapter presupposes that there is more to him than meets the eye. I think they would be a decent chance you would be disappointed, and would have wasted your wish.

A Varys or Littlefinger chapter would have to come late in Winter or perhaps even in Spring. Clearly either one of those characters having a point of view early on would have ruined much of what was to come.

To me, I think that Varys would be the most interesting because he's the only one who could link Essos to Westeros. In other words, he's the only one who might be able to see the entire picture. I'm also interested in knowing if the back story that he is told people is entirely accurate, and what party might have played in influencing the King's Landing events in A Game of Thrones. I still think that he may have been the one that brought Jaqan H'Ghar to KL.

Asking for a Hodor chapter presupposes that there is more to him than meets the eye. I think they would be a decent chance you would be disappointed, and would have wasted your wish.

Oh, probably. But so many little bits have turned out to be important later you can't blame me for being paranoid that other things are more than they seem.

Assuming Hodor is just Hodor, a Hownland Reed chapter could be interesting. He seems to have been involved in a lot of backstory stuff, and to the best of my knowledge had yet to even appear.

I'd go with ser Robert Strong. Dude must be even more hilarious to read than Victarion.

This one's easy for me - one of my favourite characters is Sandor Clegane - and I'd love there to be a further POV where he comes back into the action........

Up until I read the epilogue of A Dance with Dragons, I'd have voted for Littlefinger. However, I voted for Varys.

I think Keldaris has a good point about Quaithe: someone popping up out of nowhere (with more than a hint that they come from probably the most mysterious part of the world) to help Dany for no apparent reason.... There's at least one loose end there, one that may not be tied up by any of the existing PoV characters.

While I would love to see things from Jaqan's POV ultimately I voted for Varys. He has been present for, and I believe manipulated many things. Yet I agree with some others here that I would not have wanted his POV too soon, I believe he knows too much for us to know too soon.

Narky, why Leyton Hightower?

As for myself, I'd select Leyton Hightower's (former?) son in-law... Jorah Mormont. I want to know a few of the Mormont family details. I want to know if someone suggested he sell the poachers or if he thought of it on his own. I want to know why Lynesse fled with him to the Free Cities instead of going home to daddy. I want to know where and whom he fought. I want to know how he was approached by Varys. I want to know his thoughts on how he thinks he's going to get back in with Dany. I want to know his thoughts on Lynesse. Can Varys again employ Jorah? Would Jorah kill Dany or Faegon? What will Jorah's contribution be when he finally ends up on the Wall?

Secondly, I'd like to see Howland Reed. But since his story will inevitably come out, I'll move on to another character who intrigues me, but who will remain an enigma, I believe.

Quaithe. Keldaris and Big Bear seem to support this choice. Even though she has not explicitly stated so, I believe Quaithe has knowledge of the supernatural/divine fight to come. I believe she understands The Other and Azor Ahai Reborn and TPTWP... and mayhaps The Stallion Who Mounts The World and The Dragon Has Three Heads as well. I believe her knowledge (even more than Melisandre's) holds the key to my failed Unified Theory of Everything. I don't even know if she's human.

The fourth POV I'd like to see would be Brynden Tully. He holds the Tully family secrets, mayhaps some Baelish ones as well, but he really knows Robb's schemes. The other person who may have been privy to Robb's plans is Maege Mormont, currently MIA, but she interests me less than Brynden and Jorah... and her daughter Dacey.... mmmmmmm, Dacey.

Now, I suspect that you have all noticed that every POV character featured in a prologue or epilogue has died in that chapter. Before ADWD, I really wanted a Kevan POV. I wanted answers to Lannister secrets. I wanted a POV from a strong and trustworthy leader who put the realm above his own desires. And GRRM gave me my wish... As soon as I realized Kevan was the epilogue for ADWD, I tossed my autographed copy across the room in disappointment. Sooooo, be careful of what you wish for....

In this vein, I'd like to see a Middlefinger POV. Hopefully as the epilogue for TWOW or the prologue of ADOS.

I choose Hightower because I think he knows all the answers, mostly due to all of the Lovecraftian references deliberately placed into Hightower history...

Never read Lovecraft.... my nephews play Minecraft and I've played Warcraft... i.e. I need an explanation of how he holds the answers.

I do not see him involved at KL now or twenty years ago. His children have not intermarried with the Starks, Lannisters, Baratheons or Targaryens of Eddard's nor Robb's generations, afaik. The only thing I can think of is that the Citadel is in Oldtown and the Maesters probably hold the knowledge of the demise of the Targaryen dragons and possibly the Doom of Valyria.... so that means Leyton may know how to defeat The Other... but it does not explain a knowledge of ?+?=J, the truth of Faegon, or who is TPTWP.

I know there is probably another thread addressing this BUT in a partial response to Boaz: On TPTWP I think it has to be one of 3. Yeah I know that really narrows it down!! Anyway, 1. If Aegon is really Aegon (I have serious doubts!) it could well be him, Rheagar certainly thought so. 2. Dany, as has been pointed out dragons are not male or female, therefore the word in high valerian has no sex, prince simply means child of the king, so Dany. 3. My personal front runner, Jon. While we don't know for sure yet, we all KNOW Jon is the son of Rheagar (I know Boaz! Is Aerys still an option?) As the son of let's just say a Targ and Lyanna Stark he is literally Ice and Fire, which is after all the Song.

There are all sorts of theories out there for for various different to be TPTWP including Jaime, Stannis, Bronn, Brienne and even Ser Pounce. Fact is I think it will be most of them in some way or another: they'll all be there and have a part to play.

As to the Hightowers: I've just done a quick google and couldn't find it but the mythological Hightower founder's name is taken from a Lovecraft story about a man/group of people who watch out for the return of some evil god (I don't read Lovecraft either...) plus the Hightower valyrian sword is called 'Vigilance' and the fact that the Hightower's personal library rivals the citadel library. And that the sorcery obsessed Lord Leyton has spent the last few years ensconced in his library with his 'mad' daughter. Why? What's he up to?

Further to that: I'm sure you're aware of the Maester Conspiracy theory? And that it was the Maesters who deliberately stirred up the Dance to rid Westeros of dragons? Well it was quite blatently the Hightowers wasn't it, not the maesters. Why?

Lord Leyton knows...

wii u has some nice games. Mostly platformers, zelda too.The hightowers are a curious house. In part cause of the black stone located there. Apparantly dragons once roosted there 2, before the hightowers chased them off or something. Not to mention, the citadel is basically spy-central. Varys his little birds are as nothing compared to all the knowledge maesters are privy 2 in westeros.