Sleepy Hollow - Fringe creators' new TV series

I'd prefer to keep it at 13.. series tend to go for a lot of filler when there's a higher number of episodes.

The show started well enough to make me believe it would be one of a kind but then after the 3rd or 4th episode it became one of the many. Specially if u consider that I am Greek and the ancient Greek that are supposed to be used by Molloch etc is at least ... laughable. It reminded me of the Greek language used in the last year's show Atlantis . Apart from that the general feel of the show, while it started as really dark and foreboding etc, it became mundane in the later episodes! I can't indicate an actual thing that makes me feel like this but that's how it felt to me. Still I will watch the 2nd season and see how it goes. Let's hope they'll recapture that dark and foreboding feeling they had at the beginning.

The season 2 premiere was pretty fun.
I really liked the imagery of the body-less armor with the flaming sword in hand at the end.

The show didn't miss a beat from last season .(y):)

I was pleased to have Sleepy Hollow back but I was seriously confused at the beginning, when I knew that Ichapod had been buried by his son. It just didn't make any sense to see his birthday done by Abbie. Not when she should had been lying in the second grave. But then everything started to ravel and the series picked up the reins pretty quickly, and what was so confusing at the end of last season became extremely clear in this one, when the second horseman showed up as gift from Molloch to the Sin Eater.

What he's going to do with it cannot be any good. In the other hand what Death is doing to Katrina cannot be classed in any other thing than a torment. I just cannot see it any other way. Not when Death does his trick and summons one of the Founding Fathers from beyond the veil to torment her life in the future. I personally would had called quits there and then, but Katrina doesn't have such easy life. So I bet that she has to take a lit bit more suffering over her 250 years in the Purgatory before she's allowed to explore world with Ichapod. What they will find and will they go back to past is another question, which hopefully we get to see an answer at this season.

BTW Did anyone liked Ichapod firing crossbow repetedly or seeing Abbie rocking with double smg's? I didn't. Not even if they were loaded with "magical" ammo.

The show didn't miss a beat from last season .(y):)
Indeed! Very happy SH is back!

The opening sequence was well done, it had me all "wait what?!" about her sister and the other deceptions from Walter Sin Eater (TM).

Do we also notice how long Ichabod left Katrina in purgatory, but when Abbie was trapped there he got her out in a day?! Priorities :D

Hi,

Just watched season one on DVD and enjoyed it. But I find some issues with the mythology - specifically how Ichy's friend can be death and his son war. That makes no sense to me. Death and war and plague and famine were around long before Ichy lived and died the first time.

Is there any answer to this in season two?

Cheers, Greg.

Ben Franklin created a Frankenstein monster! I kind of hated seeing Captain Irving locked up and I wasn't expecting Henry to show up as his lawyer. Jenny just can't stay out of trouble. The special effects makeup used on the Kindred looked great and its battle with the horseman and Henry's suit of armor was pretty epic.

Last edited:
Yeah the battle was cool, although I was most worried about the horseman being so close to his head, thankfully he wasn't able to get it back!

Henry showing up as the lawyer was great, and Irving's inadvertent blood contract can't be a good thing. Shall I speculate that he may end up as a horseman himself!?

so episode 3 and I'm learning lots about American history :D

One thing that confuses me a little though, is the structure of this Police/Sheriff's dept? After Sheriff Corben, we got Captain Irving (not a Sheriff?) and now we have a Sheriff again. Can anyone explain how this works?

The showdown with Jenny was nicely done, although the hunting thing was a contrivance to not have this all play out in the Sheriff's office! New character too. It was interesting that Jenny went after the Sheriff though, as they were leading us into thinking she would try to kill Abby

The Ichabod driving scene was kind of funny. Nice to see Hawley return. Captain Irving's story continues to be good. I wonder what War will do with the bone powder.

The Ichabod driving scene was kind of funny. Nice to see Hawley return. Captain Irving's story continues to be good. I wonder what War will do with the bone powder.
It's possible that Captain Irving is the Horseman of War and not Henry , even thought he controls the armor, Henry hasn't really become one with it. He could in fact be one of the two remaining Horsemen. The bone flute that he grounded possibly pertains to his plans for both the Captain and Katrina.

They do a great job of making this show atmospheric and creepy for sure...

Pied piper was a nasty looking fella for sure. If the family was cursed why not up sticks and move? Will the creature follow them? I'd have at least tried moving before my daughter reached age 10

Nice to Ichabod finally gets some new shirts!
lol_emoticon_by_tailsfan97-d3i63ab.gif

Episode 6 "And the Abyss Gazes Back"
The design of the Wendigo and the transformation scene looked pretty cool. The Captain Irving losing his soul to Henry plot is interesting. Ichabod playing video games was hilarious.

I thought they would had done much better for the Halloween episode, because to be honest a Wendigo story in itself is a remarkable thing get on the television, but the presentation itself fell a bit flat. There was nothing in it. In fact, whole problem solved itself with a device and the only thrill came straight at the end. Not before, because if they would had done a respectable Halloween episode, they would had upped the capture of headless horseman from last year.

They did a great job casting Joe Corben, he looked a lot like his dad which is often a weakness of tv/movies for obvious reasons.

Henry is consistently getting his way and the previews for next week show that continuing.... which isn't good news!

Xbox Crane was fun although "frag" is a 20th Century term so I would have expected a more elevated pronunciation to show he was using it ironically. Or maybe I'm over thinking?? His character is so well realised that they rarely miss a trick, but I think they just wanted to show him as being as susceptible as the rest of us to bouts of gamer rage.