Sleepy Hollow - Fringe creators' new TV series

ctg

weaver of the unseen
I have now watched first two episodes and I'm positively surprised about the quality even though I was thinking it's going to be really bad. But that's the feeling one gets from each new starting series. And just like it was with Fringe Sleepy Hollow starts with a crime that soon brings out all sorts of bad things. This time the ultimate baddies are in the form of four apocalyptic horse-riders - you know the ones I mean. And with them the Sleepy Hollow starts to populate with all sorts of iconic creatures.

The top moments so far has come to be with overly cheesy way of headless horseman upgrading himself to the twenty first century and the way of how Icahapod Crane get used to the modern age. His dialogue is absolutely hilarious.

I have to say I thought I'd watch it and give it a go but I hadn't read anything about it and I wasn't particularily excited

Loved the first episode

Which is probably a sure sign it will be axed before the 1st series is over :p

John Noble, best-known for playing brilliant scientist and milkshake aficionado Walter Bishop in Fringe, has been cast in a recurring role in Fox’s Sleepy Hollow.

Acording to Deadline, Noble will join the cast later in the first season as “Henry Parrish, a kind and reclusive man who possesses supernatural powers that have the potential to help the series’ protagonist, Ichabod Crane (Tom Mison).” He joins the recently cast James Frain on a show that is gaining more and more genre cred.

oh my gosh I hate this show!

**SPOILERS**

the first episode was somewhat good, although they infodump on you too much at once that your head is spinning.

they kill of the one interesting character that may have been able to explain anything. (the priest)
Now all that us left is 2 people who have no idea whats going on except when they have retarded dreams that just make more riddles because the people in the visions wont give them enough info, lord knows why....

'do not fear number 49' ....woooooh the writers are trying to pull some more Lost crap.
whats 49? the number cell where her sister is? Why couldnt he just say that?
Does she fear her sister? I dont think so.... so the writers are just pulling your leg instead of actually writing something useful.

This show is Lost on steroids and uses the paranormal to execute anything it needs because it is so flimsy and pointless.
I wasted my time. Dont waste yours....

I caught the first episode when I was in New York last week and I was... well okay with it I guess.

I wasn't impressed with how quickly the Brit turncoat character adapted to modern life (not to mention how intelligible his 200 year old English turns out to be).

I thought it was a bit cheesy especially with the corny vindication of the black cop's back story. But also that it had potential. Just don't expect anything that bears any resemblance (other than a headless horseman) to the excellent Johnny Depp film.

***spoilers through the second episode***

I'm probably reading too much into the subtext and/or taking it too seriously but I have a hard time appreciating a story that tells us the Salem witch burnings were legitimate and that burning a *gypsy* witch *twice* is *extra* good. The whole eschatological biblical/masonic mumbo jumbo comes off as a bit silly, too.

In less critical but still significant notes, while the two leads are good, I can't believe they brought in Clancy Brown (Buckaroo Banzai, Highlander, more) only to kill him off in the first few minutes, even if he will reappear as a ghost every now and then, apparently. And didn't they recast Crane's wife from the first to second episodes? I don't like the new one anywhere near as much (or like the same one much less - whichever).

Anyway - the first episode was interesting enough for me to try a second, but that was enough for me. I'll stick with Grimm for my one Gruesome Horror Hour.

Fringe creators Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman’s new supernatural drama Sleepy Hollow has received a super-early pick-up from Fox, based on a strong debut – the network’s highest rated premier for six series.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Season 2 is expected to consist of 13 episodes like Season 1.

“The show has proven to be a risk well worth taking — it’s a conceptual blast unlike anything else on television and it all holds together with inventive writing and a fantastic cast,” Fox entertainment chairman Kevin Reilly. “I can’t wait for fans to experience what else is in store for this fall and even more of this wild ride into season two.”

Sleepy Hollow starts in the UK on 9 October on the Universal Channel

Sleepy Hollow Season 2 confirmed for 13 episodes | SciFiNow - The World's Best Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror Magazine

Why do I like to give Sleepy Hollows a bit longer run?

Well, honestly, I like this series as much as I did love Fringe. And as it was with the Fringe, the series start is weak and it took quite few episodes before all locked in and story started to roll. But with the Sleepy Hollows the story has already started rolling even if all major characters hasn't arrived to the scene.

Cheerfully mixing it's mythology and mystery with the aplomb of a mad scientist (I'm waiting for him to appear in season two), this is delightful, with some fun twists, delicately deployed family subplots (The Strain, I'm looking at you) decent pacing (pointed stare at The Strain).

It's not groundbreaking, but it is refreshing, and providing it doesn't go for walling itself into a corner and deus ex-ing it's way out like Fringe (S3) did, I wish it the very best. Have had lots of laughs and nods of respect for Tom Mison's portrayal of the displaced Ichabod.

Based on the previews season 2 looks even bigger and better. :)

I agree. As from what I've seen they have developed the characters quite a bit and in this season we should see more horsemen. I wonder what War is up to, does any want to hazard a guess?

Season 2 Premier. September 22.

Picking up immediately after the spellbinding events of the Season One finale, Ichabod finds himself buried alive in a coffin; Abbie is trapped in purgatory; Ichabod's wife, Katrina, has been kidnapped by the Headless Horseman; Capt. Frank Irving is behind bars for a murder he did not commit; and Abbie's sister, Jenny, is among the wreckage of a horrific car crash. These events were due, in large part, to the shocking revelation that Henry Parish, the trusted friend of Ichabod and Abbie, is actually Ichabod and Katrina's son and the Second Horseman of the Apocalypse. Now, with Henry's emergence as the Horseman of War, alongside the Headless Horseman, Sleepy Hollow has never been so close to destruction in the all-new "This Is War" Season
http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/09/sleepy-hollow-episode-201-this-is-war.html

Huh, I did not know this show was still going. I thought it was canceled for some reason. I was a bit disappointed by the first season, but I will continue to watch it if I have the time.

No man. It was picked up for next season before it even aired the final episode. So yeah, definitely check it out!

Huh, I did not know this show was still going. I thought it was canceled for some reason. I was a bit disappointed by the first season, but I will continue to watch it if I have the time.

Not at all , the show was a runaway hit , season 1 was 13 episodes. I think season 2 might be more longer 18? Not sure. :)