Bristol Con

Writing Together – Collaborative Creativity, room 2 at 11am. That's my must stop chatting to people and attend at all costs programme item :)

Writing Together – Collaborative Creativity, room 2 at 11am. That's my must stop chatting to people and attend at all costs programme item :)

Don't know if I'll bother with that one... Oh, wait a minute... I'm on that one! :eek:

Much as I'd love to have been going, I will be in Sweden, in a sauna, drinking home brew at a housewarming party, which I think may make up for not attending :wink:

Are you suggesting that saunas and alcohol won't be available to those at BristolCon?

(Have I just wasted £20...?)

Woo! Tomorrow. Not looking forward to the early start but I imagine some of you are getting up even earlier, but looking forward to the con and buying some goodies.

Don't know who else will check here today. But just off to the opening (program 1). Wearing blue shirt, black trousers and a black jacket if anyone wants to say hi. And the tag says dave jones

Just wanted to say that I enjoyed meeting everyone yesterday and sorry that I couldn't chat to you all for longer.

Did anybody stay for the quiz at the end? Our last bus was at 7 so we had to scoot on.

Gotta say, I was loving the freebies. Who doesn't love free biscuits?

Also, the organiser remembered me from two years ago and said that I should let her have some of my postcards (for my books) for next year to go in the goody bag so that was cool. Goody bags were nice too, I thought. I like the idea of the little booklet thingies with a couple of chapters in them.

Philip Reeve signed my copy of Mortal Engines and drew a little picture of a Zeppelin in it. And Anne signed my copy of The Alchemist of Souls.

Who doesn't love free biscuits?

There were free biscuits :eek: I must have missed those!

It was nice to meet some new faces, if only breifly.

Goody bags were nice too, I thought. I like the idea of the little booklet thingies with a couple of chapters in them.

Yeah I liked that too. Although haven't had chance to read them yet.

Yeah free biscuits, free crisps and nuts, free wine, free orange juice, free tea and coffee! I'm drawn to freebies. Did you pick up a free book? I did... though I've no idea what it's about.

Then you're going to have to read it, Mouse. :eek:

It was good to put (3D) faces to some of the usernames here, and it helped to make the whole event even more enjoyable. Definitely a fun day out. :)

(Next year, with luck, I won't be taking a mystery tour of central Bristol in the dark on the way to the venue.)

I found the free coffee!

I picked up Damage Time by Colin Harvey. Technically free, although I did put something in the collection box for it.

Apparently there was a small fire at the hotel later in the evening.

The organisers of Bristolcon deserve huge credit. What a great day. Anne Sudworth was a dream to interview; I took part in a lively panel on collaborative writing, managed to stumble through a reading I didn't realise had been scheduled, saw so many friends all too briefly... And not even the evacuation of the hotel in the early hours due to the fire alarm interrupted the drinking for long...!

You know, I might just go along next year... :rolleyes:

I let the organisers know that I enjoyed it on their FB page.

I saw you on that panel, Ian. Nice name-dropping. ;)

...managed to stumble through a reading I didn't realise had been scheduled...,
I wondered why you were reading from Part Two of the trilogy when I'd just bought Part Three, City of Light and Shadow.